Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheism and Agnosticism

Options
  • 30-09-2020 1:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

I've been having issues on and off on that forum, and it's clear to me that there's one rule for some and another for others.
    It's not a friendly place and it's hard to navigate, especially when you've a mod not looking at two sides of a disagreement with two members getting personal.

I was banned for ignoring a message from ten months ago, months ago in fairness.

I'm banned now for 3 months, and I accept my ban, but I did enjoy posting there before, but now it's just too heavily moderated.

It's my observation that the moderator beannasidhe is too cross and strict and drags the fairness in the forum down.
    I've observed myself and others who aren't atheists getting shut down and not allowed to be a bit defensive or call someone out if you find them a bit annoying.

She's able to say what she likes, post things which have nothing to do with the subject matter, and if that's what leadership or moderation is on Atheism and Agnosticism then it's not good.

I'm banned now, but I'm sure if you check out her record you'll see she's in the thick of it and isn't fair enough as a moderator.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I am not getting into the specifics of the events here or your issue with a particular moderator. I am not familiar with the forum being honest.

But there is a question begging itself having read your post - why are you involving yourself at all in that forum if you're not an atheist? Seems to me like that could only go one way really.

It would be a bit like walking into a pub clad in pioneer regalia telling people your thoughts.

Honestly, I can't see how it is any different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I am not getting into the specifics of the events here or your issue with a particular moderator. I am not familiar with the forum being honest.

But there is a question begging itself having read your post - why are you involving yourself at all in that forum if you're not an atheist? Seems to me like that could only go one way really.

It would be a bit like walking into a pub clad in pioneer regalia telling people your thoughts.

Honestly, I can't see how it is any different.

It's called Atheism and Agnosticism, I'm an Agnostic myself.

Maybe you should familiarise yourself with what Agnosticism means.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My apologies for the oversight, I did take your saying that you're not an atheist to mean you are religious but I see you did not say that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

My apologies for the oversight, I did take your saying that you're not an atheist to mean you are religious but I see you did not say that.

No worries.
    I just think that forum could do with being looked at, it makes the covid rules look like a kindergarten.

Everyone should be treated fairly, and telling someone that they didn't listen to a mods warning from months ago is a bit much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement