Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie traffic stats

Options
  • 19-09-2020 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Is this something you would be willing to provide? I remember a few years back someone posted them.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As pointed out in the thread you originally started in AH, you can search posts between specific dates.

Reading some of the commentary in that now closed thread I would add a couple of comments about the current situation concerning Covid 19 and it's impact on the site

Firstly advertising. Businesses are spending money on trying to keep employees employed, and there are unlikely to be many companies looking to up their advertising spend in the current climate

Secondly traffic in certain forums has reduced significantly. For example there was no sport for a long time and traffic in some of the most popular forums on the site would have reduced significantly

Thirdly there was clearly a massive upturn in posting on Covid in various forums across the site. I have little doubt that at times the Coronavirus forum was attracting more posts and page views than any other in the history of the site. Indeed we reached the stage where the main Covid 19 thread reached the 10,000 post limit in the main thread after about 3 days. An average of more than 1 post every 30 seconds throughout those 3 days

All of this is public information that I have gleaned from the site, and none of it is info I only see as a site Administrator

Advertisement