Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Episode 1 due to drop bright n early tomorrow yeah?

It is out Friday no idea what time on Friday.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

AMKC wrote: »
    It is out Friday no idea what time on Friday.

7 a.m. GMT according to this

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-mandalorian-season-2-release-schedule-disney-plus/

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Really good episode, a great way to start Season 2. The guest stars alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I watched the last season over xmas with the family , will do the same this year. They kept the music I hope?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I imagine so, was one aspect that went down very well last time around. Very distinctive without jettisoning the "star wars" mould expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If anyone is wondering who the person at the end was,
    It's either Sharad Hett or his son A'Sharad Hett or some merging of the 2, in either case take it as a force sensitive human/former jedi who leads a sand people clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Varik wrote: »
    If anyone is wondering who the person at the end was,
    It's either Sharad Hett or his son A'Sharad Hett or some merging of the 2, in either case take it as a force sensitive human/former jedi who leads a sand people clan.

I was on another site and they suggested the following:
    It's Boba Fett, the dragon ate the sarlacc before it had a chance to kill him. Sounds a bit far-fetched tho, now that I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

groovie wrote: »
    It's Boba Fett, the dragon ate the sarlacc before it had a chance to kill him. Sounds a bit far-fetched tho, now that I think of it.
    I took it at face value that this was Boba Fett without his armor based on the guest star, the location and the chatter over the past few months about the characters return
    ....I guess time will tell! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

groovie wrote: »

Ye I going with that now
    Didn't recognize Temuera Morrison at all
    The way he looks is the splitting image of Hett, but ye no way he's anyone else other than if it its a clone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pretty certain it's Boba. Think it was his armour too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

titan18 wrote: »
    Pretty certain it's Boba. Think it was his armour too

It was and it's him for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Watch out for the aspect ratio 40 minutes in. Changes from 21:9 to 16:9.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Venom wrote: »
    It was and it's him for sure.

As much as I hope it isnt, I agree with you, it is him.

The Mandolorian doesnt *need* Jedi or certain other characters. Its best when its off being its own thing.

But Goddamn if John Favreau doesnt seem to have a handle on Star Wars that a lot of other people who've been trusted with the direction of the saga in the past missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

nice reference to SW:ANH

image?url=https:%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2020%2F10%2F30%2Fil_570xN.1721773816_2esa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was thinking the 2 characters under all the prosthetics seemed familiar. They were
    John Leguizamo at the fight club and the barman was Timothy Olyphant's co star from Deadwood, W. Earl Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Solid episode, even if it was a slight retread of 01X01.
    Simple enough plot & it felt very star wars. The soundtrack though, so good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

The longer running time is perfect and allowed that episode to be fully fleshed out, something the first season badly needed. A lot of those season one episodes were too short. I really hope it's not a once-off this season.

Some nice touches:
    The speeder made out of one of Anakin's podracer engines, and the Krayt Dragon pearl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.1: Solid town vs Adversary type western episode. My guess is
    the appearance at the end was a clone of some variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Relikk wrote: »
    Some nice touches:
    The speeder made out of one of Anakin's podracer engines, and the Krayt Dragon pearl.

Ah cool, I didn't notice
    the engine but it did feel like they were making something of it. I wasn't sure what the pearl was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Slydice wrote: »
    I wasn't sure what the pearl was.
    It's part of their lore, and ties mostly in to Star Wars video games like Galaxies and Knights of the Old Republic. Krayt Dragons were hunted for their pearls, and the same method was used to kill them in KotOR by luring it out using Banthas as bait and detonating explosives under it's belly. So the Madalorian scene is definitely a nod to that.

https://youtu.be/vh0fVdNq-2U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Timothy Olyphant who was a Marshall in Justified is a Marshall again in this and also currently a Marshall in the latest season of Fargo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fav has been
    playing Zelda Breath of the Wild it seems. That dragon was basically a Molduga

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Good start to the season. I've seen the Star Wars films but a lot of the references were lost on me, with the exception of the armour. I like how they handle the references though, if you don't know the backstory then you don't feel like you are missing out. Other shows can be very fan-servicey with their references.

I think Farveau has a really strong sense of the kind of story he wants to tell, and how he wants to tell it. It picks up nicely from the first season, moving into the same type of stories and adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Showed up in my YouTube recommendations. Interesting video showing how they film the show

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The scene in the bar was ripped straight from Justified.

They gave us a standoff between Raylan Given and Mando. Pure brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I really like the show, it has so much going for it. But...but...there's just something missing and I'm still not sure what that is.

I know it's a homage to the great westerns but there comes a point when it needs to try something different. This episode could not have been more of a 'western' if it tried. I thought the Krayt dragon hunt and battle was a sidestep too far (apparently it was a nod to a mission from the Knights of the Old Republic game) as it took us away from the Cobb Vanth story which was really intriguing. In fact that scene actually reminded me of the awful arena battle in Attack of the Clones although this looked way better.

Tatooine is the obvious location for the western style stories and it's good to revisit the place now and then. Yet it would be nice to see more planets such as Nar Shadda, Nal Hutta and Corellia for example.

Anyway, it was a solid episode and good to see the extended length. That closing scene has really whetted the appetite although I hope that character doesn't disappear now until three quarters of the way through the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I really like the show, it has so much going for it. But...but...there's just something missing and I'm still not sure what that is.

What's the next stop on Mando's journey?

S1Ep8 he was told to find the Child's home and people.
    S2E1 he started looking for other mandalorians and found the marshall, who's a dead end.

What now?

Seems the barman was one of the guards from the barge in RotJ

vintage-star-wars-carded-rotj-weequay-afa-19239911-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems the barman was one of the guards from the barge in RotJ

vintage-star-wars-carded-rotj-weequay-afa-19239911-2.jpg

Is 'weequay' a species rather than an individual though?

• Advertisement

Ah, you're right. Saw the name on imdb so thought it was his actual name and not the species

Advertisement