Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch box

Options
  • 13-09-2020 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Grown adult male looking for a lunch box to bring to work. Haven't had 1 since primary school :-)

What is average size please?

Would be good to avoid any leaks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

forumdedum wrote: »
    Grown adult male looking for a lunch box to bring to work. Haven't had 1 since primary school :-)

Tesco do a great one in their Tupperware section. It's about 20 cm length X 10 cm width X 10 cm depth.

The lid is a clasp, so it seals tight. I bring soup to work in mine. Never a spillage.

Not sure what your age and gender has to do with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Tesco do a great one in their Tupperware section. It's about 20 cm length X 10 cm width X 10 cm depth.

The lid is a clasp, so it seals tight. I bring soup to work in mine. Never a spillage.

Not sure what your age and gender has to do with it :pac:

Is it this 1?
    https://www.tupperware.ie/en/product-detail/8643/J25AtLunchBox

Most men I know eat more than women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Is it this 1?
    https://www.tupperware.ie/en/product-detail/8643/J25AtLunchBox

Most men I know eat more than women.

That's not the one.

My phone is a piece of shit, so unfortunately cannot upload a pic of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Home store and more have a good selection

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can get food flasks if that would be of interest. They are like insulated thermos flasks but with wider necks. Some people might not have microwaves in work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Did you find one to suit.
    It all depends on what you want to put into it. Sandwiches and a piece of fruit? Mixed salad? Bento style? Meal to microwave?
    Im using Ikea 1l containers. They have glass or plastic same size n shape with clip on lids for both. The lids have a gasket and are leak proof. The plastic comes with little slot in containers to use if you wish. And they have a lunch carry bag that perfectly fits 3 of them stacked. I find the plastic great for salads and a selection of nibbles. And i bulk cook meals at the weekend, you can cook in, freeze in and then reheat in oven or microwave with the glass ones.
    Other than those woodies and tesco do a good range of Systeme lunch boxes.

Advertisement