Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Ceramic* BBQ/Grilling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lisij

My kamado joe jr has arrived.
    Already tried some chicken thighs and pork loin, turned out great.
    Really impressed on how fuel efficient it is and also easy to control the heat

cabo wrote: »
    My new Kamado Bono arrived today and in the middle of putting it together now. Can anyone advise where I can pick up natural fire lighters this time of year. Usually pick them up in lidl when they have their bbq specials.

Just buy a heat gun and forget about any lighters, with head gun i light my coals within 30sec.

lisij wrote: »
    Just buy a heat gun and forget about any lighters, with head gun i light my coals within 30sec.

And i mean regular heat gun not the so called special bbq heat gun

picked one up in argos for 24€, does the trick like i champ

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fredinho

Loof lighter is good as well

Fredinho wrote: »
    Loof lighter is good as well

Yes that exactly what im trying to say, dont buy these, just buy heat gun, does exactly the same even better, look it up on youtube, theres a guy literally testing these all up, and regular heat gun wins in all cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

My new Kamado Bono arrived today and in the middle of putting it together now. Can anyone advise where I can pick up natural fire lighters this time of year. Usually pick them up in lidl when they have their bbq specials.

When did you order it and from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cabo

lisij wrote: »
    And i mean regular heat gun not the so called special bbq heat gun

picked one up in argos for 24€, does the trick like i champ

Thanks, I’ll take at look at Argos for one

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cabo

When did you order it and from where?

Ordered it at the weekend from Lithuanica. They were down to the last few of the Grande. Great service and very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Kitchen roll rolled up with a little vegetable oil will light any half decent charcoal.either in the Kamado or even quicker with a starter.

Ordered it at the weekend from Lithuanica. They were down to the last few of the Grande. Great service and very fast.

And I need to wait until April. Not cool! :D
    Going to contact them and if they have stock I’ll cancel my order with Higgins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

My KJ classic 3 arrived today
    oooh I cant wait to cook on it

foodaholic wrote: »

any advice welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

foodaholic wrote: »

Congrats! I ordered one yesterday (big joe) but haven’t got a delivery date from them yet, was hoping to have it for the weekend but it might arrive after that I guess. I’ve been binging on YouTube videos on them for a couple of weeks. The two I’ve watched most are smoking dad BBQ and pitmaster X. The smoking dad one goes into a lot more detail about the cook but I’m enjoying them both.

I think I’m going to start easy and do a chicken for the first cook before progressing to the other meats.

Congrats! I ordered one yesterday (big joe) but haven’t got a delivery date from them yet, was hoping to have it for the weekend but it might arrive after that I guess. I’ve been binging on YouTube videos on them for a couple of weeks. The two I’ve watched most are smoking dad BBQ and pitmaster X. The smoking dad one goes into a lot more detail about the cook but I’m enjoying them both.

I think I’m going to start easy and do a chicken for the first cook before progressing to the other meats.

I only ordered mine from a room outside on Monday - arrived today
    I had no notification of it been dispatched
    Love smoking BBQ dad - cant wait to break her in

I haven’t read all of this yet but it seems to have a lot of initial details for novices like ourselves.

https://www.kamadoguru.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=80777

I've a hankering for pulled pork,might have to pick one up later .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I haven’t read all of this yet but it seems to have a lot of initial details for novices like ourselves.

https://www.kamadoguru.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=80777

John Setzler is really well known in the grilling community, he posts pretty frequently to https://www.kamadoguru.com/ as well

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

After years of thinking I don’t need a kamado, I still don’t .. but I might buy one anyway!

I’d been looking at the kamado bonos and I’m wondering if anyone has one and what you think of it?

I’m used to a 57cm kettle grill so anything less than a grande or grande limited (effectively same as the Big Joe size) seems way too small to me. They say the grande limited is good for restaurant size crowds... I mainly cook for 4 and will cook for 10-15 a couple of times a year (lockdown permitting!!) so I don’t want to be stuck for grill space.

Any thoughts appreciated.

After years of thinking I don’t need a kamado, I still don’t .. but I might buy one anyway!

I’d been looking at the kamado bonos and I’m wondering if anyone has one and what you think of it?

I’m used to a 57cm kettle grill so anything less than a grande or grande limited (effectively same as the Big Joe size) seems way too small to me. They say the grande limited is good for restaurant size crowds... I mainly cook for 4 and will cook for 10-15 a couple of times a year (lockdown permitting!!) so I don’t want to be stuck for grill space.

Any thoughts appreciated.

It really depends, but I think with the Bono grande, it should be more than enough. I’d say you can fit plenty of burgers and steaks there. Good luck finding stock, though

Balls.. you’re right! Doesn’t look like i’ll get one anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Balls.. you’re right! Doesn’t look like i’ll get one anywhere!

You tried Higgins?
    https://higginsbutchers.ie/product-category/manado-bono-charcoal-grill/

I bought my grande from Higgins in February. Delivery mid April (hopefully!)

Hi,

Thanks I tried Higgins but everything’s sold out til end of May. Can’t find anything in stock anywhere :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hi,

Thanks I tried Higgins but everything’s sold out til end of May. Can’t find anything in stock anywhere :/

Grab it while you can. Remember last year?

Do you think they are in high demand or just not being imported ?
    Cant say I've heard of anyone I know buying one or even looking for one (except here of course) .

Do you think they are in high demand or just not being imported ?
    Cant say I've heard of anyone I know buying one or even looking for one (except here of course) .

I can’t speak for the Bono but when I was talking to the crowd I bought my kamado joe off they were saying that they were having the same issues as last year with sourcing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cross posting from DIY :pac:

After a year, and a previous attempt to make a stand for my Joe jr I set this up today. Pretty simple solution using IKEA Bror trolleys

548943.jpg

mloc123 wrote: »
    Cross posting from DIY :pac:

After a year, and a previous attempt to make a stand for my Joe jr I set this up today. Pretty simple solution using IKEA Bror trolleys

548943.jpg

Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

yeah very nice result there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Smoked some top rump roast today, it cooked quicker than I had expected... Only brought it up to 135f tho. I am used to 7-8hr pork shoulders.

It is wrapped now, and I will slice some in an hour and see the results.

Advertisement