Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roses Lime Juice. Anyone seen it?

Options
  • 25-08-2017 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Folks,
    Any recent sightings of Rose's Lime in Ireland? Or good alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

MickH503 wrote: »
    Folks,

No, but I've made this with success. It's also a nice gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭MickH503

Dubl07 wrote: »
    No, but I've made this with success. It's also a nice gift.

That's interesting ... thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I was looking for it for ages and eventually found it in M&S of all places. I got it in their Douglas store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I was looking for it for ages and eventually found it in M&S of all places. I got it in their Douglas store.

I've seen it in the one in Liffey Valley too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

Yes, AFAIK all M&Ss have it. No idea why other stores don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You can get it on amazon.

Rose's Lime Juice Cordial The Original 1L https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CSZXB3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_8y8OzbNSX24ZQ

Thanks Folks! Couldn't find it on M&S website, Sainsburys was the only big retailer site I found it on. Will make a visit to M&S in Liffey Valley soon on your advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I got some today in SuperValu in Churchtown. I took the last bottle but it does have a stock label so I presume it's part of their regular stock

I got some today in SuperValu in Churchtown. I took the last bottle but it does have a stock label so I presume it's part of their regular stock

Thanks, I couldn't find it in Supervalu in Lucan. What section was it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I was in the SuperValu in Churchtown again today and they still have it so it seems to be regular stock. It's with all the other cordials, MiWadi etc. SuperValus are franchised though so there's no guarantee it will be in stock in any other one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Find an independent supermarket (bigger than convenience store size) who stocks products from the UK - always in stock in the one in Maynooth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

JC's supermarket on the Rathbeale Road in Swords have it in again, for anyone out this way.

L1011 wrote: »
    Find an independent supermarket (bigger than convenience store size) who stocks products from the UK - always in stock in the one in Maynooth.

Is that O'Donovans?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is that O'Donovans?

No O'; but yes.

Folks,

It's been back on the market for a few years now (2018) and I buy mine in Marks & Spencer.

It's gone this week but I'm assuming that's just the good weather.

But I do wish more stores would stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’ve seen it in a few off licences.....

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I haven't seen any in Limerick for years, superquinn use to sell it. I get it brought over twice a year from England (6 bottles at a time), love the stuff with lots of iced water..never found any lime cordial close to it.

I’ve seen it in a few off licences.....

Do you have names and addresses? That would be a great alternative supply.

I'll be in the UK with a car in Sept, so I can stock up somewhere. Strange how Coca-Cola, who own the brand, clearly couldn't give a rambling ****e about the loss of supply or the lost sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

frisket wrote: »
    Do you have names and addresses? That would be a great alternative supply.

I'll be in the UK with a car in Sept, so I can stock up somewhere. Strange how Coca-Cola, who own the brand, clearly couldn't give a rambling ****e about the loss of supply or the lost sales.

Martins Off Licence in Fairview had some last time I looked. (Use Lime juice when i’m making Snowball cocktails at Christmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Tesco have an own-brand version now. It's fine.

• Advertisement

Hah. Scally's SuperValu in Clonakilty had it in stock today. Staff didn't know if this was from.their own stock or newly-arrived, but were unaware that there was a problem. Still no reply from.Coca-Cola.

I tried that, thanks. It's very good as a substitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's just not the same. I think that's why it's gone though it's been replace with copy cat own versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mi Wadi do a lime cordial which is nice

This is doubleplusungood. Rose's Lime Juice has vanished off the shelves yet again. I queried it with M&S, practically the only people in Cork selling it, and Brendan from @MandSIreland replied "unfortunately, [it] looks as though it has been discontinued. I will pass on your comments and interest in this product to the team so that it can be looked into."

No reply from @cocacolaie yet — they were good to reply previously, but they keep denying there is anything wrong. To be fair, production last time was apparently cause by the factory burning down, but unless someone has torched it a second time, it looks as if Coca Cola are simply not making it any more — or if they are, they're not supplying it to Ireland.

The alternatives are uniformly disgusting, IMNSHO �� although the Robinsons Crushed Lime & Mint Fruit Cordial isn't too bad. And I found there are a couple of recipes for making your own, supposedly similar to Rose's.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Unless I've got the wrong stuff, Tesco UK and Sainsbury's both have it, so I doubt it's been discontinued. If you're in the UK with a car, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Coca Cola Ireland (island of) = HBC, a Greek firm
    Coca Cola GB = Coca Cola European Partners, a UK based firm
    (Coca Cola is a weird semi franchise system)

So its fairly normal for stuff to be available in one country and not the other and to leak back via UK stocked stores like M&S or independents.

tangy wrote: »
    Unless I've got the wrong stuff, Tesco UK and Sainsbury's both have it, so I doubt it's been discontinued. If you're in the UK with a car, I don't think it'll be a problem.

I saw that, thanks. I should have been clearer, sorry; I meant "discontinued in Ireland". If I ever visit the UK again, RLJ will be high on the menu :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,881 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

L1011 wrote: »
    So its fairly normal for stuff to be available in one country and not the other and to leak back via UK stocked stores like M&S or independents.

Somewhere like Nolans in Clontarf might be a good place to hunt, I've seen Co-Op products on the shelves there. Think that indicates they get stocks from the UK.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

O'briens off-licience have been selling large bottles of lime juice recently, no idea if its this brand though.

Advertisement