Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

My almost 15 month old reaching up to press the button for the green man and then shouting go go go when the green man comes on.

Three and a half year old son, pointing at my face talking about hair. Started off grand, but got progressively worse...
    "Daddy has loads of hair on his face" (beard)

"Daddy has BIG eyebrows"

"Daddy has hair in his nose"

"Daddy only has little hair on top of his head"

:o

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2 year old playing with his dad's phone in the back of the car, managed to ring my mum on FB messenger and have a good chat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

2 year old playing with his dad's phone in the back of the car, managed to ring my mum on FB messenger and have a good chat...

Go immediately to settings and turn off all "in app purchases " :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My neighbours' eldest grandson (5 and a half approx.) learned to cycle two days ago. His parents got him an old banger of a bike just until he learnt, he's getting a new one today. Anyway, yesterday morning when he got up he was afraid he'd have forgotten how to cycle (he's too young to have heard the expression "It's like riding a bike" :D), so he sat his bike and went through the safety checks. "Lights: check! Right pedal, up: check! Handlebars, straight: check! Cats eyes in working order: check!" Then, in a solemn, determined tone he said, "Grandma, when I'm a man, I'm going to ride a mountain bike!". :D:D:D

Also, he got told off by his father because he managed to kiss his teacher on the mouth. His Dad said, "You should only kiss your girlfriend on the lips, and nobody else!". So the child said, "But Dad, I need to practice, so when I have a girlfriend I know what to do!".

He's going to be trouble. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I got some pink highlights in my hair for summer.
    4yr old tells me I need to wash the paint out of my hair 😂

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2 year old came out with a proper Bill O Herlihy style "live" when his episode of Teletubbies started playing on iPlayer...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Half pint hopped off the bus yesterday, and was jumping up and down telling me about his school tour in Tullamore.
    Strange place for a tour I thought.
    I read the note, breakdown of what they are doing, cost, permission slip.
    Lullymore is the destination. Big difference there little man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's my birthday next week and my little 4 year old said he is going to buy me 'a book with no pictures in it'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Taking the crew to school this morning and one had to be early for school tour. So we were standing around chatting to pass the time till preschool next door opened- young guy kept pulling me along to go to preschool and I had a job to distract him to wait. Eventually when I said ok let's go he literally jumped in the air with a big -yay
    Long may that reaction to school last lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We went for a walk up the road earlier on and had the company of our cat... Little miss madam was delighted and was telling the cat to 'mon, mon' whenever she decided to run ahead of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

my daughter has ASD. We were told today. It didn't make me laugh...... until I heard that she tends to burst into song during class.....that made me laugh. God I love her so much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Actual conversation in my house last night.

Mammy, what are those bumps?

They're my breasts.

Can I see them?

No

Half pint comes in at 5:45 this morning, and asks can he sing me happy birthday. No way, it's not my birthday till the alarm goes off. Go back asleep.

7am, alarm goes off, he bursts into song. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

1.5 year old loves balls. She can spot a football a pitch length away. So, when I saw Aldi had a net of 50 balls (the kind you have in a ball pit) I got em. When I walked in the door with them she literally did a double gasp, looked up at mom in shock, and back at me, jaw to the floor in wonder. It was like every Christmas just came at once for her :D

Sometimes it's the simple things in life isn't it? I got my girl a bucket of chalk the other day and she's barely left it out of her hands since, her favourite place is to sit on the back step drawing. It cost me all of €1.50, but the fun she's gotten out of it is priceless!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Again, not my child, but a child I know.

She lost her first tooth, but since she also said her first bad word while on the phone to someone, her mother contrived for her to get a letter from the Tooth Fairy that read, "This time I'll let you off, but next time you'll be in deep sh*t!". So the child said, "Well, I don't care, 'cause I'm going to catch her and keep her locked up in the drawer of my locker, and I'll get her to give me money a bit at a time." :eek: Psychopath in the making? Scary!! But then she looked at her mother and said, "But Mam, you will feed her and change her kitty litter, won't you?".

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

My 4 year old daughter.

'Daddy, can you giggle and slap yourself in the face at the same time?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

My 4 year old daughter.

'Daddy, can you giggle and slap yourself in the face at the same time?'

Well can you???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

3 year old daughter “mammy can I tell you something?”

“Yes”

“There’s evil in this world”

WTF

Watching the France Belgium game last night and my boy asks me 'why is there no girls playing?'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Once upon a time, a wee 1 yr old glanced at the TV and spotted The Prodigy's Keith Flint singing Firestarter.
    "Scary man, mammy," she said to me, covering her eyes and I switched channels immediately and continued to do so anytime he came on, (big music fans at ours, always music on in background.)

Same toddler also remarked that the lead singer with Garbage was an "ugly woman, mammy"- how quickly they get an opinion in their little heads.

Today, that once toddler, my now 23 yr old, messaged to say "scary man and ugly woman at picnic, The Prodigy and Garbage are playing, my childhood nightmare has come true".:eek::eek::eek:
    What are the chances, eh?

Enjoy your children, folks, it really has flown by for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Son: Mammy can I have a baw-ill of waaaw-er

Me: Say "boTTle of waTer"

Son: Can I have a bottle of water. But when my daddy says it, he hides the T's, that's acoz he's from Dublin.

I down loaded the Domino's app a few days ago, and promised we'd get pizza for Friday. Lazy day, how bad. Go through all the stuff on the app, then it lights up on the bottom with the progress. After that, they sat at the window, and cheered when the delivery man showed up. And proceeded to hug the delivery man, saying he was the best. I should have written a note on the order that it was their first order there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Trying to get baby to nap, I informed 4 and 2 year olds they needed to go downstairs (they were on the top step).After a few minutes of "negotiation" on their part, I said "go downstairs before I hit the ceiling" in a very cross tone .
    4 year old grudgingly moved down a step then she observed "well you can't reach it anyway".
    I nearly lost all credibility as a cross mammy at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

My 18 month old was in a full blown conversation with me this morning, pure gibberish, love him to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

My 19 month old is Obsessed with cows at the moment. We have to bring him to nearby farms everyday so he can see some cows. Now he has started dreaming about them.... I went into him last night before I went to bed to make sure he was comfy. I was repositioning him when he took out his dummy and went.... Dada...Moooooo! He put his dummy in and instantly started snoring again!
    How I'd love to have so little to think about! He's great craic to be fair!

What is it about cows! My girl loves them and when we walk up to the river we have to go further to see the cows. It's brilliant though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

scarepanda wrote: »
    What is it about cows! My girl loves them and when we walk up to the river we have to go further to see the cows. It's brilliant though!

Oh they're so much fun! I know these days won't last forever so I'll make the most of them in the hope that we'll laugh about these stories in 20 or 30 years!

Advertisement