Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay day this week

Options
  • 14-03-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi

Apologies for this basic question but does anyone know how payroll works this week with Thursday been a bank holiday??

Any chance we get paid on Wednesday instead?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

highly1111 wrote: »
    Hi

Apologies for this basic question but does anyone know how payroll works this week with Thursday been a bank holiday??

Thanks

I'm pretty certain that we're getting paid on Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

highly1111 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

We should be paid tomorrow, Wednesday 16 March, including our long-delayed increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

gaiscioch wrote: »
    We should be paid tomorrow, Wednesday 16 March, including our long-delayed increments.

I got no increment last day but I know a few colleagues who did...assumed it wouldn't be paid until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

My increment was there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Moody_mona wrote: »
    My increment was there this morning.

I got mine too. Pity it is so small!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

Got increment of €1356 gross and €470 net. :mad::(

Pity we only get around 35% of our increment.

A fact that is lost in most media reports.

griffzinho wrote: »
    Got increment of €1356 gross and €470 net. :mad::(

I'd query that net figure unless a large amount of the €886 taken from you is going to AVCs or other voluntary deductions that directly benefit you.

solerina wrote: »
    I got no increment last day but I know a few colleagues who did

I think I understand why they did now. I rang payroll as my increment did not come through and apparently we do not all have the same date for increment increases, even if like me you started at the beginning of the school year at the end of August. I don't go into my new year until 22 March and from then my increment will be paid. I have a vague memory of the date 21 September on my first CID years ago (the principal was late sending in the contracts), so perhaps that accounts for it. I had assumed they just backdated the contract to the start of that academic year. So make sure your principal gets your CID sent away asap because it seems it will affect the date your increment will be paid on each year. I'm open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

gaiscioch wrote: »
    I'd query that net figure unless a large amount of the €886 taken from you is going to AVCs or other voluntary deductions that directly benefit you.

No you are wrong... just on a quick recollection (estimate) it is made up of:

PAYE - 40%
    PRSI - 4%
    USC - 5.5%
    Pension Levy - 9%
    Superannuation Scheme - 6.5%

That makes up the 65% of deductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Jesus but that increment is bloody useless! I had to look properly to even spot the feckin thing. :mad:

Three CP evenings coming up in quick succession after Easter, I'd be better off stacking shelves in my local Spar. FFS! :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Anybody's increment incorrect? Mine is not matching the scale.

Advertisement