Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

100's

Options
  • 17-06-2010 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Why do only women seem to smoke 100's?
    Is it value for money(same price, longer ciggie) or a femininity thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I hardly see anyone smoking 100's these days,male or female. Never liked them myself.never tasted the same as a regular smoke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Nearly always seems to be middle aged - older women in my experience, maybe that's co-incidental I don't know. It's hard to pinpoint a cause for it, women this age who smoke, really seem to smoke like they're really into it. Chatting and smoking and drinking tea with similar individuals for hours. Humans are strange things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Perhaps it's brand loyalty that accounts for the older age group only smoking 100's.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I always found 100's annoying. They last too long - especially when you are outside a pub in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Oh I hate those fecking things.
    Mistakenly bought them a few times when abroad, awful yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Conor OH!

100's are available with most brands, and the reason they sell 100's is to use up excess and waste tobacco that didnt reach the quality standards used in the normal sized smokes. so, when you buy 100's you're actually not getting the value for your money you thought you were. they are longer, and there is more tobacco in them, but its not at the same quality as the normal tobacco they use in regular smokes so i'll be sticking to my regular sized ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Never thought of that. Sounds very plausable alright

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

Conor OH! wrote: »
    100's are available with most brands, and the reason they sell 100's is to use up excess and waste tobacco that didnt reach the quality standards used in the normal sized smokes. so, when you buy 100's you're actually not getting the value for your money you thought you were. they are longer, and there is more tobacco in them, but its not at the same quality as the normal tobacco they use in regular smokes so i'll be sticking to my regular sized ones!

i had a feeling this was true still i get B&H 100's the odd time there great when your having a nice quite smoke with no interference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

murphym7 wrote: »
    I always found 100's annoying. They last too long - especially when you are outside a pub in March.

Totally agree. They're too long. I'd only buy them because they didn't have regular ones left, and be stuck with them for the day. or maybe even two days. Either way, when I go out for a smoke with people in a pub or whatever, they always finish theirs way before I can finish and complain "You're the slowest smoker ever, jesus would ya bleeeedin hurry up"

Advertisement