Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for job as primary school teacher-about to qualify

Options
  • 01-03-2016 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have running my own beauty blog (part-time) for the past 3 1/2 years and was wondering as it's beauty/fashion related, whether I should mention this in my application forms/interviews for upcoming jobs?

I know ICT is of great interest and as a result, I have a great interest in these. Would it be worth mentioning or should I not?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Personally, I wouldn't, but that's just me. Writing a blog isn't particularly high end on the IT front, unless the school is a complete dinosaur, it's a bit like saying you use Facebook or Twitter, in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bookseller2015

Thank you, I've also an educational blog, might mention that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It would probably be more appropriate, certainly,once you are sure that everything on it can withstand scrutiny by a BOM. The only reason I could think of that a BOM might be wary is that they could worry about what you would post in relation to your job there.But I'd be more inclined to include "blogging" as a hobby and elaborate in person at an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Definitely mention it as ICT is a huge thing now at interview. Say that you have your own blog and it's something you're very passionate about. I currently use a class blog and you may be interviewing for a school who want to set up a whole school blog (very current) and that could well be what they're looking for. In every interview that i've been in, ICT skills has been listed under the criteria so, it's a huge thing I think.

Advertisement