Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted house

Options
  • 26-08-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

having a haunted house party ad want ideas fo decore games and food
    spooky woo :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Anything at all HALLOWEEN based will do! Think props, drapes, fabric, spider webs etc. Might be hard to locate things this time of year but you will definitely have luck on-line. If you have a local 2euro store and you know the owner, ask them if they have any Halloween items left in stock, might be willing to oblige you...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭spooky woo

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

No bother - some good props on www.adverts.ie if you search 'halloween'. Few sellers have a number of items, might be able to get a discount :) Try send hand shops too, can often get things to set a scene -old lace tablecloths, dried flowers, maybe religious items etc. They often have old net curtains too for a pittance, you can grey them or dye them , slash them up a bit, hang from doorframes etc.

2nd hand dolls can be good too, paint faces white / grey, blacken the eyes etc, backcomb their hair, tear the dresses and 'soot' them up. Place them in odd places, in the loo standing looking at people, sitting on the fridge etc. Makes people uneasy!...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Plek Trum wrote: »
    2nd hand dolls can be good too, paint faces white / grey, blacken the eyes etc, backcomb their hair, tear the dresses and 'soot' them up. Place them in odd places, in the loo standing looking at people, sitting on the fridge etc. Makes people uneasy!...

Brilliant Idea especially after that doll in The Conjuring! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

There is loads you can do... food wise you could order on line from here http://www.trau-dich-shop.com/Insects-in-chocolate?gclid=COO-oKfGnbkCFRAq2wod8CkAaA tasted some of them before most taste like the top of pencils.. If you check out Christmas and Halloween rolled into one on facebook they have some great recipes. Can do a game with the bugs like have jelly and popcorn in some bowls and bugs in another, get a few volunteers who are blindfolded to try things out.. Making worms from Jelly and Straw also looks great for topping things.. Little Star parties have great supplies and not all that expensive..

• Advertisement

thanks

any ideas for homemade or cheaply bought:)

Oh there is loadsa of them. Best to pick a theme and then work from there.
    If you are creative you could try a monster mud project im going to try this year..
    MM things to make, for indoors
    Collect a lot of brown class wine bottles or green you can start dripping the candle down them now to have a nice build up. Also, collect some jars with tops to them that you could fill with objects and put labels like brain of newt (cauliflour works well for this) and bat wings all that malarkey,,,
    You can make some nice tealight holders too from jam jars. Paint images on the front of them so they put creepy shadows on the wall.
    Worms made from Jelly and straws also just pop it into google and it will tell you how, could for cake decorating. or nibbles
    If you have some old books you can just stick a few of the pages together, cut a freaky face out of it and stain it with some teabag in waters..

Oh there is loads picking a theme though makes it all easier

thanks theme is haunted house

Ah youll be sorted there is loadsa you can do.
    If you can print some old creepy pictures too and put them up in picture frames, you can age them by letting a teabag in water and then using the water to rub over the pics.
    The books do turn out rather funky and very simple or hard to do it all depends on what you want to do
    This website is fantastic way advanced but good even for ideas http://www.stolloween.com/

You can pick up a decant fog machine in Halfords too if there is one in the area,one bottle of fog would do.

Little Start parties do some quite cheap decorations and Gradin Road for the more elaborate ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

spooky woo I have merged your threads together as they are asking the same questions. Please keep to the one thread. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Haunted House is great and really easy to do. You can do a seance type corner, I got a white sheet and painted a pentagram on it in red paint, put it on the table. And got one of my friends to dress up as a crone with Tarot cards, doing fake readings for everyone!

Old net curtains draped over book cases & sofas look good too. If you have an upstairs you should set up a woman dressed in black at the top of the stairs. You just get a coat rack, wig from €2 shop, and black dress (or white). You'd be surprised the amount of people who don't look up when walking up the stairs so they are nearly on top of creepy lady before they notice it!! But keep the lights low for greater effect!! :D

Have random old fashioned music playing in the other non party rooms. Back in the day I used to record the radio stations onto tape, flicking through them, like there was someone in the room changing the stations. (I used this trick to convince my friend that our place was haunted!! :P ) There are some really creepy trad stations in the country!! I'm sure there is a new tech way to have the same effect.

In another room I had the video from the Ring playing on a loop with a voice at the end shouting 7 DAYS!!

You can also put different sound effects through out your music- sudden screaming or chains rattling.

spooky woo I have merged your threads together as they are asking the same questions. Please keep to the one thread. Thanks

they are not the same one is homemade items cheaply made items the other is where can i nuy
    homemade and buying props are different

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Haunted House is great and really easy to do. You can do a seance type corner, I got a white sheet and painted a pentagram on it in red paint, put it on the table. And got one of my friends to dress up as a crone with Tarot cards, doing fake readings for everyone!

Old net curtains draped over book cases & sofas look good too. If you have an upstairs you should set up a woman dressed in black at the top of the stairs. You just get a coat rack, wig from €2 shop, and black dress (or white). You'd be surprised the amount of people who don't look up when walking up the stairs so they are nearly on top of creepy lady before they notice it!! But keep the lights low for greater effect!! :D

Have random old fashioned music playing in the other non party rooms. Back in the day I used to record the radio stations onto tape, flicking through them, like there was someone in the room changing the stations. (I used this trick to convince my friend that our place was haunted!! :P ) There are some really creepy trad stations in the country!! I'm sure there is a new tech way to have the same effect.

In another room I had the video from the Ring playing on a loop with a voice at the end shouting 7 DAYS!!

You can also put different sound effects through out your music- sudden screaming or chains rattling.

Advertisement