Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a MineCraft book for my nephew (aged 10)

Options
  • 27-01-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My nephew is ten in a few weeks. He is very into Minecraft. I've seen, in Easons and elsewhere, that there are books available for Minecraft. I was thinking about buying him a Minecraft book for his birthday, but not being a Minecraft player myself I'm not sure what the best book to buy him is.

So, I'm hoping that people on this forum can recommend a Minecraft book suitable for a ten year old. Or, would you recommend something other than a book, but again Minecraft related. I'd like to get something that would help enhance his ability/knowledge of the game.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Jim

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi,

My nephew is ten in a few weeks. He is very into Minecraft. I've seen, in Easons and elsewhere, that there are books available for Minecraft. I was thinking about buying him a Minecraft book for his birthday, but not being a Minecraft player myself I'm not sure what the best book to buy him is.

So, I'm hoping that people on this forum can recommend a Minecraft book suitable for a ten year old. Or, would you recommend something other than a book, but again Minecraft related. I'd like to get something that would help enhance his ability/knowledge of the game.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Jim

From a Brick and Mortar stuff there's cool stuff in Argos and Gamestop.

On Amazon the Minecraft Blockopedia is pretty cool. The book is cube shaped and every page gives you lessons on what you can build with that particular block.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Its a nice idea but in truth those books are a bit of a waste of money. There's way more useful, up to date information on the Minecraft wiki or on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

True, but books are cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭tmh106

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delayed reply, I was away for a while.

Jim

Advertisement