Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your IQ?

• 24-12-2001 6:40pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just did an IQ test from a site that was linked from Bored.com.

I got 137

Try it out and see what you get

its on www.emode.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Your Ultimate IQ score is 129
    Your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor
    Like Pythagoras, you've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭TARE

Congratulations, Bob!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 124
    Your Intellectual Type is an Inventive Inquisitor

Like Benjamin Franklin, you're equally good at mathematical and verbal skills. That paired with your thirst to learn through experience makes you an inventive inquisitor.

Still have'nt got a clue about question 26 though, someone please explain it to me.

26. Two cars start off at the same point on a straight highway facing opposite directions. Each car drives for 6 miles, takes a left turn, and drives for 8 miles. How far apart are the two cars?
    2 miles ?
    11 miles ?
    14 miles ?
    20 miles ?
    26 miles ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

its pythagoras!! |h| = (sqroot)(|o|^2 + |a|^2)

distance btwn each car and its start point = (sqroot)(36 + 64) = 10miles

therefore distance between 2 cars = 2(10) = 20 miles. easy :D (I got 129 too :))

To help illustrate the point, I made a little pic in paint, (aww :)) but boards won't let me upload bmps, so...

www.boards.ie/members/seamus/pythag.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

"Your Ultimate IQ score is 129
    Your Intellectual Type is a Visual Mathematician"

ie I like pretty pictures :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Congratulations, Richard!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 136
    Your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher

Like Plato, your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game — to imagine or anticipate what should come next in just about any situation.

Does this mean I am destined to whup ass at LAN Games

I don't think so....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bahh, what a load of tosh :)), too full of xmas liquid cheer..haa

Congratulations, Longfield!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 127
    Your Intellectual Type is an Inspired Inventor

Like Sir Isaac Newton, you've got a great balance between verbal and mathematical skills, and a strength in the visual realm.

Visual whaaa..i can barely see the scxreen, keeps splitting in two :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i got bored halfway through and gave up

but i expect i would have got a score around 198 or something
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

that iq thing is s*it it said
    Congratulations, pat!
    Your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist

Like Charles Dickens, you have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.
    i hate english i never read and write as little as possible and i and not good with words and i cant draw but i am very inventive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

LMAO its only a festive bit of fun irishguy, besides i might add you like english enough to write 200 posts at time of writing :)

Anyhow i'm waaay more inventive than you, it said so nah na na naa naaa

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

200 mostly short posts and so what i am soooooooo much more mature than you :p:p:p:p so na na nan na

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Congratulations, sickle!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 131
    Your Intellectual Type is a Visual Mathematician

Like Albert Einstein, you have a strong ability to process visual-spatial and mathematical information. These skills combined with your strengths in logic are what make you a visual mathematician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

135... ntb I guess although I am apparently "Like Bill Gates" ;(
    damn but the last two were hard

whats the highest possible ?

Congratulations, david!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 135
    Your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator

Like Bill Gates, you've fed your brain a unique collection of facts and figures over the years. Words, numbers, you've got it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

um just did the test again to see the last two questions,thought they were pretty easy compared to the maths ones.
    i also scored higer this time :) yay.

Congratulations, sickle!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 133

mmmk i go to bed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

Congratulations, jd!

Your Ultimate IQ score is 138

Like Plato, your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game — to imagine or anticipate what should come next in just about any situation.

mmm thats ok for all they wine I've drunk
    in vino veritas?
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Congratulations, Michael!

Like Plato, your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game — to imagine or anticipate

what should come next in just about any situation.

pretty kewl test that, wouldn't mind seeing what the full report says.... Must do the test again quickly and pretend im forrest gump, see what he gets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Congratulations, Paul!
    Your Intellectual Type is a Word Warrior

Like William Shakespeare, you are equipped with a verbal arsenal that enables you to understand complex issues and communicate on a particularly high level.
    It's all a big scam, order now!
    Pfft, I just don't trust these seemingly profit-making sites.

PS. I probably could've gotten a few more points, but I was in a hurry :p

-fin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Congratulations, Richard!

Got bored towards the end, doing it at 3 am probably isn't condusive to getting a high score :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I scored 68. Not bad after a few pints! Probably would have been less sober. Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The Ultimate IQ Test

Congratulations, Niall!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 176

pfft... yeah, right!

Merry Christmas, y'all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Congratulations, Mike!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 126

Like William Shakespeare, you are equipped with a verbal arsenal that enables you to understand complex issues and communicate on a particularly high level.

Thats not too bad for Christmas morning....though some may disagree with the assesment having read my last 290 posts!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

OMFG I GOT 999 SCORE I PWN J00.

on a more serious note those iq tests aren't very accurate, the fact that everyone who's posted here has got a score in the 125-140 range kinda gives this away.

I'm sure you're much more likely to pay 15 squids to find out exactly why you're so smart then to find out why you're as thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Sharkey

Originally posted by OJ
    I just did an IQ test from a site that was linked from Bored.com.

I got 137

Try it out and see what you get

its on www.emode.com
    Whether you think a mule is most different than animals that reproduce or a kangaroo is most different from non-marsupials, I think the only way to fail the test is to actually pay $14.95 for their stupid report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Sharkey

Originally posted by Thorbar

I'm sure you're much more likely to pay 15 squids to find out exactly why you're so smart then to find out why you're as thick.
    You read my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

my brain gave up on the 2nd page....

of i go to play some RTCW :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Congratulations, Neil!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 139
    Your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist

Like Charles Dickens, you have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

Seems Fairly bang on that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Thorbar
    on a more serious note those iq tests aren't very accurate, the fact that everyone who's posted here has got a score in the 125-140 range kinda gives this away.

Hmmm yeas - I got 126. Par tis that you need a certain IQ to buy and use a computer and the internet on the other hand they want to flatter people into buying theri 'product'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

damn 111 :(

Congratulations, M!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 111

Has anyone deliberatly flunked the test just to see what the summary reads like?

"Congratulations, you're an idiot now buy this product to see
    how stupid you really are!"

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Oh that... I remember taking that test years ago, scored 151. Gotta be bull****, I'm thick and I know it. :)

Will take it again now in a moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by mike65
    Has anyone deliberatly flunked the test just to see what the summary reads like?

Congratulations, bob!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 91

Of course I completed it at random in under a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Congratulations, Kix!

Like Pythagoras, you've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind.

Pretty average for somone who's been to college...

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Now that I look at it again, I'm kinda chuffed with my 176 score :)

Bard, I would'nt be happy not if Mike65 could score 126!

Anyway if the test is to be of any value there would have to be a clock on the duration surely, I took about 10 mins and would have taken longer with a couple of questions but hey we're paying by the minute here.

Also if you have another go do you get a diff set of questions?
    I dont recall a cookie being sent to id me...hmmm.

I'll have another go maybe!

Mike.

Congratulations, john!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 126

Feck that! I dodged the cookies and used a different name, e-mail
    and all other details, and still get the same score and type.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Congratulations, Crónán!

Like Albert Einstein, you have a strong ability to process visual-spatial and mathematical information. These skills combined with your strengths in logic are what make you a visual mathematician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Congratulations, Aidan!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 131
    Your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator

Compared to Bill Gates.

Well, i could do with the cash ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Congratulations, Adam!

Pffff

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Congratulations, Ronan!
    Your Ultimate IQ score is 136
    Your Intellectual Type is 1 Dumb **** :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

/me gathers everyone's real names

My devious play is working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

www2.iqtest.com

Go test yourselves out there.....it's MORE accurate but again not 100. At least they say they can be up to 4 iq points out +/-.

I have a fair idea of mine going from official mensa preapplication trials and it's kinda around this area so give it a go.....

Post results as before. 1 foreword though.

It says average is 100 and low end genius genius is 130......sorry but going by today's standard 130 is standard and 150 is low end genius

Better as well that you all post your result url's so that you don;t jsut say WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO 200 IQ etc etc spam spam

• Advertisement

I just did the IQ test at www2.iqtest.com and scored 136
    however it could be higher as I did'nt time myself so I left the
    standard 13 mins "time limit" stand, I think I was a few mins quicker.

Anyway this aparently makes me "Highly gifted and appearing to be a Genius to most others: 136 - 145"

Hmmmm!

http://www.mensa.org/workout.!(remember its only a bit of fun! ;))

Mike.

http://www.iqtest.com/view/iqtest/options/011228/10095706011870

154 - genius apparently. Bull. I seriously doubt that 20 something piss-easy questions can accurately assess my intelligence. As mike said, 'tis all in good fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

http://www.iqtest.com/view/iqtest/options/011228/10095788965386
    150, couldn't be arsed timing it... just píssed through it as if eircom were charging me 1p per minute. (imagine that!, oh wait)
    Then it goes on to say:
    150 : Less than 1/2 of 1% of all IQ test takers achieve this score or higher.
    Pfft, likely story.
    I also doubt that 20-something true/or/false questions are in any way capable of measuring someones IQ.

Originally posted by SantaHoe

150, couldn't be arsed timing it... just píssed through it as if eircom were charging me 1p per minute. (imagine that!, oh wait)

ROFLOFLOFLOFLOFL!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D
    n1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

156 http://www.iqtest.com/view/iqtest/options/011228/10095839948891 , that site is clearly a scam.

Jelv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah but as I explained the scores there aren't what they say - 130 is NOT entry level genius. These days 130 is actually average.

Though I know that the first one was wrong - the first test posted here. With most people averaging at most 125 IQ that is totaly off.

Best thing to do....contact Mensa, get them to send you out the standard test. You have 1 hour to take it at home (honesty required and anyway it says most people can't answer ALL the questions in the time given)

There are about 100 questions I think, can't remember.

You should be able to answer them all in an hour, took me about 20 mins (I pace myself when reading).

You then send it to Mensa with a postal order for £10 ( I didn't send mine cause I had no money at all at the time - lowly student) and if they grade it over 130/140 (Think the latter) then they ask you to come along to one of the local sessions for I think a further £20 to sit a monitored test.

If you score 150+ on the test they ask you to become a member.

TBH I wanted to become one because I was a bit sick and tired of hanging around with people who had nothing more to say in reguards to an intellectual conversation than "uhu uhhh went out at the weekend - got pissed. Was great"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Mine was 157/158 (can't remember which ... I did it a few years ago). I'll go post the result when I find the iurl link (I know I have it somewhere)

Advertisement