Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

London is cheaper than Dublin at this stage I reckon,I have budget accom that is reliable any time I visit London with Dublin the prices barely never reach it lately I find myself taking the 3 hour bus home after events rather than stay up.

Gatwick would be handy for this really, take a non express train (I can't state enough how much of a waste of money express is) and you'll still be in around the area in under an hour.

Say you went the Stansted option takes longer naturally but bus is around £7 ,the half hour bus from Dublin airport to the centre is around the same price.

Flights are reasonable most of the year, it's one of the most frequent routes per day.

The irony is he's banging on about us all being suckers going to London for a gig but at the same time talking about going to UK to see Faith No More when they're already playing Ireland :D:rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111919436&postcount=137

I think it's just best to leave him be in case he bursts a vain in anger!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

grimm2005 wrote: »
    The irony is he's banging on about us all being suckers going to London for a gig but at the same time talking about going to UK to see Faith No More when they're already playing Ireland :D:rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111919436&postcount=137

I think it's just best to leave him be in case he bursts a vain in anger!

Taken within context of his contributions the last three days that’s just bleedin glorious
    Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

lassykk wrote: »
    I love how triggered you are by this. It's really entertaining

LHR return instead of Stansted is €120 on the Thursday returning Saturday and can be gotten cheaper if willing to fly earlier in the day which as I'm travelling from Waterford to Dublin first I'm not.

I've booked a highly rated AirBnB beside Hyde Park (5 min walk to the gate) for €35 per night so for two nights in London plus my Stansted flight (€58) it's costing me €128.

Can't see how that's excessive but if it upsets you then so be it.

lolz. There ain't no €35 airbnb in the hyde park area , unless you're staying in a hollowed out fridge , Arthur Flek style.

The €130 -170 range is what i said all along. Some guy told me 50 quid return.

K, So you first have to travel from Waterford to Dublin , then Dublin to Luton and finally Luton to London town...Then repeat the whole process 40 hrs later.

The whole trip will suck around €600 out of bank.

Ive traveled plenty for gigs so i know what im talking about. And id have no problem doing it again for a band that worth shelling out for.

Personally , i refuse to get fleeced again by a guy who thinks so little about his Irish fanbase.

When the tour is over , He'll come over during the bands downtime for a little holiday with his mate Hansard , which will satisfy his need to bring the band over , as he knows we will still be gullible enough to shell out an abhorrent amount just to look at him stroke his ego on stage while he sucks down Guinness and wine!!

Ed always had a big ego , but over the last 10 years it manifested into something ugly.
    Its no wonder the band has no talent left in the studio. Coporate greed has sucked away his soul.:eek:

Burty330 wrote: »
    lolz. There ain't no €35 airbnb in the hyde park area , unless you're staying in a hollowed out fridge , Arthur Flek style.

K, So you first have to travel from Waterford to Dublin , then Dublin to Luton and finally Luton to London town...Then repeat the whole process 40 hrs later.

Ive traveled plenty for gigs so i know what im talking about. And id have no problem doing it again for a band that worth shelling out for.

Personally , i refuse to get fleeced again by a guy who thinks so little about his Irish fanbase.

When the tour is over , He'll come over during the bands downtime for a little holiday with his mate Hansard , which will satisfy his need to bring the band over , as he knows we will still be gullible enough to shell out an abhorrent amount just to look at him stroke his ego on stage while he sucks down Guinness and wine!!

Ed always had a big ego , but over the last 10 years it manifested into something ugly.
    Its no wonder the band has no talent left in the studio. Coporate greed has sucked away his soul.:eek:

yeesh, this is just getting embarrassing...

you must be terrible with money or else no good at doing a bit of digging/research if you're down €600 for a short trip to London for a gig....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

You ok hun? Xx

• Advertisement

Single private room, literal stones throw from Hyde Park, €42.50 a night on the dates of the gig (Thursday to Sunday) in a 4.66/5 rated Airbnb (took minutes to find): https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/36311355?adults=1&check_in=2020-07-09&check_out=2020-07-11&source_impression_id=p3_1575415682_hwgMXm2yHKltxBBu

But do feel free to come back and tell us how awful it must be and that we're all suckers etc etc etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Single private room, literal stones throw from Hyde Park, €42.50 a night on the dates of the gig (Thursday to Sunday) in a 4.66/5 rated Airbnb (took minutes to find): https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/36311355?adults=1&check_in=2020-07-09&check_out=2020-07-11&source_impression_id=p3_1575415682_hwgMXm2yHKltxBBu

But do feel free to come back and tell us how awful it must be and that we're all suckers etc etc etc :pac:

They look like scenes from the Being John Malkovich movie.

Right on cue, you're incredibly predictable :P

Right on cue, you're incredibly predictable :P

The posting history tells the real tale. Just ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

They had bars open alright but the only beer they sold was non-alc at least at the show I attended.

Yeah we got a cab in and out had to wait a bit for way back alright should probably address that particularly for non locals.

Debating to return to Krakow even for Mystic Festival which was actually hosted in the Tauron but they expanded to an air museum spot for next year.

From Tauron there are night buses, every 30 mins I think, 662 and 664 will bring you back to the old town. Takes about half hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Jesus, Burty. Can you just admit when you might be bit wrong. All the man/woman needs is a bed to lie down on to get a little rest. Nothing fancy needed.
    Better than a tent. And for 40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

And here was I thinking all the chat was about PJ gigs, but no, we get the kiddies having a bitch fight instead...
    Shut up ta fcuk will yee………………..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

I remember the good old days here when we used to talk about Pearl Jem.

Who have played more shows in Ireland by far than Pearl Jam
    *and the singer doesn’t forget the lyrics

Who have played more shows in Ireland by far than Pearl Jam
    *and the singer doesn’t forget the lyrics

Trust me on this...it happens :D

Trust me on this...it happens :D

We went to see them play in fibbers at the meet up after Ed’s gig(or the night before?)
    The bouncer wouldn’t let us in cos we looked foreign. His words.

I’m from Dublin and my mate while being a kiwi has been here 20 years.

Go figure.

I’ll catch them someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As good as Eddie was last July he was pissed a little bit and those pics and him and the misses enjoying the sights was self centred ****e

Look someday Pearl Jam could grace this land again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Picked up some pre sale tickets for hyde park this morning, can't wait now.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/384491/pearl-jam-tickets/promopage/21305?skin=bst&uk_et_cid=BST-EMAIL-PJ-PS-051219&uk_et_rid=1_13006492610970632

Link here should work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Picked up some pre sale tickets for hyde park this morning, can't wait now.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/384491/pearl-jam-tickets/promopage/21305?skin=bst&uk_et_cid=BST-EMAIL-PJ-PS-051219&uk_et_rid=1_13006492610970632

Link here should work

€100 for general admission…… to stand on a flat park , and have to watch the big screens.....
    Fcuk that ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    #GrungeIsDead

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got my 10c tickets for London. 10 club has it's own area, shared with a few other VIP ticket holders. One big draw for me is that I can come and go as I please and still be close to the stage. Happy out.

I live in Vienna so I'm waiting to hear about seats for that show. Since Budapest, Krakow, Berlin etc are handy enough to get to from here, I can investigate those closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Got Imola tickets. Hotels booked. Just flights to get now. Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

jenizzle wrote: »
    I got my 10c tickets for London. 10 club has it's own area, shared with a few other VIP ticket holders. One big draw for me is that I can come and go as I please and still be close to the stage. Happy out.

I live in Vienna so I'm waiting to hear about seats for that show. Since Budapest, Krakow, Berlin etc are handy enough to get to from here, I can investigate those closer to the time.

I got 10club tickets this morning, they had some in the presale, the hydeaway package, see ya there

Sorted for London, already looking forward to it now!

We went to see them play in fibbers at the meet up after Ed’s gig(or the night before?)
    The bouncer wouldn’t let us in cos we looked foreign. His words.

I’m from Dublin and my mate while being a kiwi has been here 20 years.

Go figure.

I’ll catch them someday.

That's mad. Considering about half the crowd were 'foreign' that night, wtf was the bouncer playing at? Did you tell him to stop moaning ffs or something? :D

PJem back in Fibber Magees next month on Friday January 10th if that suits you.

That's mad. Considering about half the crowd were 'foreign' that night, wtf was the bouncer playing at? Did you tell him to stop moaning ffs or something? :D

PJem back in Fibber Magees next month on Friday January 10th if that suits you.

Gas part was he was clearly and audibly from Eastern Europe.
    But I’ve worked in pubs for years. I know not to even bother when it comes to bouncers.
    It’s not worth it. First time I’ve ever been refused anywhere. So mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Vienna for me! Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Would anyone happen to have a presale code and link they could share with me. I've used up my two and have a 3rd friend looking to go now. Would really appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

lassykk wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to have a presale code and link they could share with me. I've used up my two and have a 3rd friend looking to go now. Would really appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks

Got sorted thanks to a very kind boardsie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Saturday night in Stockholm looks like a bit of a clash with the schedule .
    Surely wont have Pearl Jam and The Killers on at the same time .
    The headliners the other 2 nights are garbage.

lollasthlm2020-feed-0d7d1b17.jpg

Advertisement