Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

develop[e] ?

• 12-01-2002 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

after heated debate in Programming Class last thursday, I would like to research the topic a little futher

do you spell develop, or develope ?

it doesnt matter about the RIGHT or WRONG way, just YOUR way....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Gone Shootin

do you spell develop, or develope ?

Develop , why would I spell it the other way , then it would have the same ending as envelope. I try to spell things correctly its appreciated by many people.

it doesnt matter about the RIGHT or WRONG way

I think it duz akchewlee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Develop. Not a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

'Develop' is to create or more accurately to expand/strengthen.

'Develope' is the opposite of envelope, i.e. to unfold/open.

I don't know where you got the idea that you would 'develope' a program. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

'develope' a program

i didnt get the idea. one of the guys in class spelt it develope, i asked him why, he said its the way its done. i disagreed. set out to prove him wrong. i did, but was just wondering on opinions of other people

thanks for the info anyway sico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

look kids, when you get to colleage this is the meaning of life stuff you to will learn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»
    look kids, when you get to colleage this is the meaning of life stuff you to will learn

rofl pld :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Heh , «Bo§ton» contributing to a thread about spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

As someone who spends half his life writing the words develop, development, developers, etc - it's most certainly Develop.

There's even a rather good mag over here (edited by Owain Bennalack, ex-EDGE) called Develop, which is aimed at the game development community.

Advertisement