Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

novelty ringtones

• 03-01-2002 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

t3590.jpg

a plague on us all, thats what they are. a truly horrific thing invented by a bunch of marketing types. pus they cost you up tp €3+ to get.

im sticking to my "french tone" and on some occasions the vibration option ;)

adnans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Is there any webpages left that offer free operator logos?

There used to be loads, but all seem to have dried up, and I want my Metallica logo back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

What's really annoying is those twats on the bus that keep showing off their ringtone to all their friends. Someday i will just grab the phone and chuck it out the goddamn window :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

...and then those same twats would knock some teeth out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Is there any webpages left that offer free operator logos?

Heres one, but I dont know if it covers the south. :rolleyes:

boltblue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I have to agree. to such an extant we actually made a game... much more entertaing than the simple chucking of the phone.

http://bespin.compsoc.com/discus/messages/24/743.html?#POST6164

Also how to customise and use your mobile for maximum respect

http://toast.compsoc.com/mobile.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hehe, i just get friends to send me any good ringtones they get and as for logos, i am just happy with IRL Digifone written on my screen, them logos look shít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bloody hate those novelty ringtones. They're really, really annoying, especially in an environment like college where almost everyone has their phone, and nobody bothers to turn them off/set them to silent mode :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I have the latest Sclub7 hit on mine, I turn it on 'Loud' for extra cool points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

but the worst thing is when people have those tones turned on for when they press the buttons on their phone, ringtones ya can usually stand cos they are eventually answered or in some sort of tune... but when people are typing out ****in txt msgs the whole ****in day with beep beep beep, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats the worst!

oh toast how's about send me that desktop for litestep, looks cool. the one ya had on your webpage for your home comp. E-mail

Gid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Anyone got the Jackass Novelty Ringtone? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b4k4^2

I hope there is a special place in hell reserved for this person where he/she will be forced to listen to the 'Scooby doo' theme tune end on end for eternity...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I used have the regular "bring bring" tone on my phone. Got complaints in work because it sounded like a regular phone (my response was something like "well it IS a phone")

Changed it to the tellytubbies theme tune. They've shut up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

www.boltblue.com offer 1 free logo per month

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Custom ringtones are in fact for idiots. Why do people waste so much money buying them when anyone with any sense of music could program them in to the phone?

My phone spends most of it's life on silent. Why? Because it has a vibrate function and that makes more than enough noise when sitting on a table at home.

When my phone does ring, it's the most un-obtrusive tone I could get. A plain old "bring bring" kind of affair. In the office, it's on silent so's not to disturb others while they work (I wish everyone else would do this).

The one exception I have to this is the tone for the alarm on my phone which I want to annoy me enough to make me get up out of bed. :) This months tone is the riff of the verses of "Zero" by the "Smashing Pumpkins"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Kharn
    Custom ringtones are in fact for idiots. Why do people waste so much money buying them when anyone with any sense of music could program them in to the phone?

Maybe I'm an idiot and tone deaf, but I still don't find them of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i usually have my phone on silent vibration is enough to warn me of a message, i hate the beep beep of a message the nokia's are the worst with the annoying one from the motorola's a close second!

I have had about 9 ringtones since i got my phone and i only used 80p, either rob them or call the cheap one wheres its 46p for the whole call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

mobiles? I just hate them. does anyone remember when they were just for the yuppies and people with more money than sence?... I dont know, but we seemed to manage allright without being in constint ----ing contact with everyone, everywhere..

I must be the only person alive without a phone... I dont need one... I dont need to pretend I need one... I dont want to be contactable 24/7.... if I'm out for a pint, im out for a ----ing pint. if I wanted you to know, I would have told you.

and if I have to sit through another ----ing "jazz up your mobile" add im going to go compleatly insane.

absolute muppetry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah i remembe,r and miss, those days.

i actually can't imagine how I managed without a mobile those days, and that really scares me.
    the damned thing has become such an integral part of my everyday life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b4k4^2

Ah.. back in the day when only the excessivly rich could own one and they had about 100m range from teh nearest mast and the battery was so big a pack of huskies was needed to drag it around...
    ahh.....

Advertisement