Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point me at some good stuff

Options
  • 25-11-2003 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I was in the metropole this year for the first time .... I really enjoyed it and even more so because I got in free :D .... I was in the Leinster room (I think it was, if you were coming in from the foyer you turned left into a bar after the hot dog stand) and there was a fabulous band playing the kind of jazz I liked (all old fellas in their 50's except for the piano player).... now being a newbie to Jazz I dont know what the hell the description is for that jazz (classic?, easy listening?) and because of this I dont know what to look for when I'm looking for Jazz CD's .... anyone who was there know what type of music I'm talking about? ... they finished up at about 01:30 or so.

I also managed to take a peek into the everyman, there was a band playing in there and they were completely bonkers .... like every one of them was playing a different tune ... individually the musicians were excellent, but together they were crap .... obviously its that modern type Jazz, complete crap in my opinion .... lots of lads in there that looked like they were on the verge of saying nice .... and funnily enough there were some people there who looked absolutely shocked at the shite music being pelted at them:D ...thats what you get for booking tickets to go see someone and not knowing what the fuck type of music they play.

Comments

Advertisement