Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iwasaki Kamisori

Options
  • 05-03-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi I've a nice collection of straights old and new (Ralf Aust, Dovo Thiers Issard). I want to get an Iwasaki Kamisori and still have money to pay the mortgage. Any ideas on were to source good quality at reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

You're not likely to find an Iwasaki going cheap.

Is there any reason in particular you want an Iwasaki and not another maker?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

just an inch I have to scratch. cant find one anywhere without spending crazy money

Well if you are determined to get an Iwasaki , you're going to have to spend a lot on one.

You might want to look into signing up to some of the various shaving sites and placing an ad for one.

I saw an Iwasaki on one of the sites that sold for around $700 recently.

Also, if the itch you want to scratch is about trying out a kamisori, I would recommend looking at an alternative maker. Henkotsu make very nice kamisoris and can be had for around 140.

Hey, any thoughts in this razor or retailer...scroll to bottom there's a 5/8 Iwasaki available. Thanks.
    https://www.rasurpur.de/english/shop/wakamisori/wakamisori.html

They are a reputable retailer from what I've heard. No personal experience with them.

As for the razor - I don't think it's a great deal but it's your money. If you want it, go for it.

• Advertisement

So skankles, did you pick up an Iwasaki yet?

Not yet. Checking Badge and Blade There like hens teeth.

If you have 50 posts over there you can post a 'Want To Buy' advert.

That might have better results than just hoping someone sells one and you see the listing before anyone else buys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Wiggles88

Hey skankles where are you based?

I have a Iwasaki kamisori that seldom gets used anymore that I was thinking of selling on. (All my other straights are western straights and I find whenever I get around to the kamisori because its that little bit different, I basically have to relearn how to shave with it all over again. So as a result I'm reaching for it less and less these days)

Its a bit of an annoying one to post since its non folding and obviously the blade is always exposed so if youre around the Cork area it would be much easier to hand over.

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Still looking for one of these, is this a fair price (see image). Ive since bought a feather artist club Japanese style, like the feel of this type of razor.

skankles wrote: »
    Still looking for one of these, is this a fair price (see image). Ive since bought a feather artist club Japanese style, like the feel of this type of razor.

There's no image posted skankles.

Also, I asked at the start of this thread, but why an Iwasaki specifically?

There are many other fine makers of kamisori that sell for much less than an Iwasaki.

Here's a link for one anyway - https://www.fendrihan.com/products/iwasaki-japanese-kamisori-straight-razor

Annoyingly they don't mention what size it actually is. You'll likely have customs charge on top of that price too.

And another Link - https://www.theinvisibleedge.co.uk/straight-razors/japanese-razors/iwasaki-kamisori-ichogake-razor

Advertisement