Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Country being held to ransom by a few dozen workers at IO Systems

• 04-10-2015 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭

Píssed off about this, sent an important document in the post on Thursday, looks like no post tomorrow either, an post workers wont be paid according to the irish times, what a joke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Say they'll have to pay An Post workers or they will be in trouble.
    They're not on strike so they're entitled to pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Waiting on a parcel.
    Beat them with sticks i say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'm with them on this. I too, hate when my cushy gig is spoiled by the man asking me to use my brain to operate my limbs in a slightly different way than prescribed in my contract. It's like the greatest injustice in the history of the world... or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Píssed off about this, sent an important document in the post on Thursday, looks like no post tomorrow either, an post workers wont be paid according to the irish times, what a joke

Im in the same boat. I have a few very important packages to go out and expecting at least two in return. Banking and the CRO etc. Not everything can be done by email! Im surprised its not making more news. But maybe when Biddy from Clonmel rings Liveline tomorrow regarding the letter she's expecting from her son in Asia, we may see some media coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

An Post should be privatized and sold.
    None of these muppets would survive a day in the free market economy nor should they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

None of these muppets would survive a day in the free market economy nor should they.

Nobody would buy it.

It's a dying industry, and no surprise that the staff are trying to squeeze the last out of it before the funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

Valetta wrote: »
    Nobody would buy it.

It's a dying industry, and no surprise that the staff are trying to squeeze the last out of it before the funeral.

They are hastening the funeral with their current antics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

People like Parcel Motel have started offering a workaround for using An Post.
    If that becomes successful, people will learn to do without An Post, and that could be very dangerous for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

A bit like VW. I know what you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Totally support these workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

What do we want?

*insert demand here*

When do we want it?

*insert timeframe here*

Then, repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Nobody would buy it.

Why's everyone so put out by them not working so, if that's the case.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,159 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

An Post say that post that is already in the system will be delivered, so it looks like your document will be delivered soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Why's everyone so put out by them not working so, if that's the case.;)

It's a very tiny minority put out, not everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Not a very big user anyway but I am putting together an email list of clients and will be doing most of my comms through email from now on.

Only three of my clients insist on post so they will have to get their correspondence when I am able to call on them personally.

The rest of my clients will be getting their stuff through email from now on and An Post can piss off.

I remember the same stuff as a kid when Guinness was delivered by CIE nationwide and CIE went on strike. Guinnesss bought a fleet of trucks and found out it was cheaper and better control of deliveries and never went back to CIE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Why? An Post are actually extremely efficient in comparison to the likes of Royal Mail and other national post services. They are not the ones at fault here, it's a bunch of trained monkeys on contract who seem to think they're entitled to hold up the whole countries postal service in return for more money for doing absolutely nothing extra. They should all be sacked for gross negligence and the job given to people who deserve it. ****!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Why? An Post are actually extremely efficient in comparison to the likes of Royal Mail and other national post services. They are not the ones at fault here, it's a bunch of trained monkeys on contract who seem to think they're entitled to hold up the whole countries postal service in return for more money for doing absolutely nothing extra. They should all be sacked for gross negligence and the job given to people who deserve it. ****!!

The issue is with IO systems staff. Not an Post staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

The workers on strike are private sector.
    Can't blame this one on dem public servants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm amused by the indignation from people on only the second working day of a dispute in a company that people said was on it's way out. I got two parcels by post today and will continue to give preference to suppliers who use An Post over private couriers, because no matter how often couriers had items for us they could never find our house without being talked in from 5 miles away.

Ok, I'll have stuff stuck for a while but I'm saving the righteous indignation until the dispute has been running for a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You do realise it's the private sector contractors who are on strike? Privatisation is not the holy grail of commerce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nobody would buy it.

Postal services a dying industry....

I think the Likes of Amazon etc have an alternative view on that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Fair play to An Post, its one of the few institutions to be proud of in this country, hard working postmen and women battle through the elements to deliver our post. I find it remarkable that next day delivery on the isle is the norm for a standard stamp, fair play. I always pay my bills through an post or mybills.ie to give them a bit of extra help. Great focal point for aul ones as well in the rural community.

Advertisement