Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday 28/05

• 27-05-2015 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

There looks likely to be some rain hitting the ground at Haydock between now and the start of racing tomorrow and that will do no harms to the chances of Grissom (3.50 Haydock). He ran his best race for a long time last time out when not beaten far behind the well fancied and well handicapped Free Code and he makes a good bit of appeal off the same mark tomorrow. Not won in a long time and probably not the same horse who was once rated in the 90s but has shown enough flashes of ability since returning from an absence at the start of last season to suggest that he can win off a mark of 78.
    2pts @ 14/1 Generally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

There looks likely to be some rain hitting the ground at Haydock between now and the start of racing tomorrow and that will do no harms to the chances of Grissom (3.50 Haydock). He ran his best race for a long time last time out when not beaten far behind the well fancied and well handicapped Free Code and he makes a good bit of appeal off the same mark tomorrow. Not won in a long time and probably not the same horse who was once rated in the 90s but has shown enough flashes of ability since returning from an absence at the start of last season to suggest that he can win off a mark of 78.
    2pts @ 14/1 Generally

Agree and also give Whozthecat a chance in the same race a chance. Think the 25s available is big and going to split my stake 1 pt win both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Agree and also give Whozthecat a chance in the same race a chance. Think the 25s available is big and going to split my stake 1 pt win both.

Slight concern about the form of the yard but having taken a closer look I agree Whozthecat is potentially too well treated to ignore and have stuck 1pt on at the 25/1

8 35 Fairyhouse. I give King of Oriel a squeak not one for maximum faith but I think the 12s on offer is fair. Has won off 60. On this mark of 47 for a while now and had ran a couple of good races when finishing 4th over 9f and 11f. I think the 10f tomorrow will suit and I Queally a good claimer aboard. 1 pt win

Trying to figure out what I have missed but I think the 8/1 available for Donncha (8.45 Sandown) is way too big. He went straight into my tracker after his win last time out at Lingfield - patiently ridden and just about the last off the bridle, he then met some traffic in running and showed a good engine to power through the field and won without coming under maximum pressure with a good bit more in hand than than the winning margin suggests. He is only 3lbs higher tomorrow and judging on the style of his win at Lingfield the stiffer finish and extra furlong should be conducive to further improvement. Looks the real unexposed one in the field and could possibly be a bit better than a handicapper in due course - Ladbrokes are a stand out 8/1, that is without BOG but he has been very well backed on both runs this season and I suspect that may well be the case again tomorrow.
    2pts Win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I'm having a lot of difficulty finding something to beat Simenon tomorrow. Willies horses are always ready to run even if his main target is the Gold Cup and possibly the Melbourne Cup. On all known form he is a long way clear of these on these terms tomorrow. i think he possibly should be a solid favorite and 4/1 seems value.. I'm not sure im backing it yet, but i need a fair amount of convincing not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

8 35 Fairyhouse. I give King of Oriel a squeak not one for maximum faith but I think the 12s on offer is fair. Has won off 60. On this mark of 47 for a while now and had ran a couple of good races when finishing 4th over 9f and 11f. I think the 10f tomorrow will suit and I Queally a good claimer aboard. 1 pt win

I had a look at this race also and i think GUN SHOOT has decent claims also as hes a c&d winner and is 1lb below that winning mark 14/1 currently with pp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That race looks rock hard to pick a winner from - lots with chances. Personally, would be inclined to go with the proven Gun Shoot which has a chunky 20/1 available despite being a course and distance winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Absolute cracking card at Sandown tomorrow and I'm siding with my old friend Arab Spring in the 19:45. He's running against Tryster who's a horse I really admire but I think Arab Spring could outclass him in the end. The yard has won this race seven times in the past so I'm hoping for an eight. Can be backed at around 3.5s currently.

Think Charlie's Mate in the 5:30 at Lingfield is at a ridiculous rating (and price) for what it has shown this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Already have consort backed at 3/1 and trip to paris at 13/2 at sandown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭BQQ

aidankkk wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of difficulty finding something to beat Simenon tomorrow. Willies horses are always ready to run even if his main target is the Gold Cup and possibly the Melbourne Cup. On all known form he is a long way clear of these on these terms tomorrow. i think he possibly should be a solid favorite and 4/1 seems value.. I'm not sure im backing it yet, but i need a fair amount of convincing not to.

I see where you're coming from and it is hard to pick one against him,
    but looking through his form, he seems to need the run after a break of 3 months or more and he's been off since last July, which is the longest layoff he's ever had. Add to that he's been well beaten both times he's run at Sandown with that tricky camber.

What'll beat him though? Hard to say, but this race is no stranger to shock results with a couple of 20/1 shots and a 16/1 in the last 10 years.
    Vent de Force I suppose I'd go for if you put a gun to my head. Course form and looks to be progressive, but the price is poor and I'll likely leave the race alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

7pm Multiculture just looking at it where it's priced up with powers probably more aware of Irish racing.

25/1 on Bet365 and 8/1 on PP could be a chance to back and cash out for profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

an old forum favorite Son Of Flicka makes his hunter chase debut in the 8:25 Wetherby (having won a p2p), 5/1 with Bet365, which won't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Chauvelin runs tomorrow now back at 12f on the aw. The 2/1 on offer atm looks good against this field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really looking forward to seeing how Tryster gets on back on turf.

Have backed Emperor Bob at 7/1 in the 6.25 at Fairyhouse.

Really liked the way it won it's maiden at Dundalk coming there strongly and just being nudged out hands and heels under Conor King. The form of that race wouldn't be the strongest although the 2nd and 3rd have won maidens since but he won it in the style of a decent animal. Drops back to 6f today but he didn't look short of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Seems to be a serious plunge on Behind Bars in the 7.35 at Fairyhouse. Looks like an absolute lottery of a race and yard and horse have no form to speak of but it's in to 8's from 25/1 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Luap wrote: »
    Chauvelin runs tomorrow now back at 12f on the aw. The 2/1 on offer atm looks good against this field.

Im thinking Investissement is a great bet 12-1 and drifting worth a bet at those prices in such a small field.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

Like the look of Down to Earth at the first at Lingfield 9/4

Considering having a few quid on Western Hymn this evening, the price doesn't leave much margin for error but he should be a lot closer to the top of the market imo. He won well enough over this C&D on seasonal debut and Postponed did that form no harm with a credible run in a Group 1 (of debatable quality) last weekend.

Think the top two in the market are opposable, Arab Spring looks a typical SMS improver but could find this on the sharp side and has been backed into a silly price now; Tryster has run all his best races on artificial surfaces, although he has not had many chances to show what he can do on turf the US pedigree (and the record of most of his siblings) suggest that he is unlikely to find any further improvement for the switch back to turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Have had a bet on Bubbly Baily 16.00 Ling.Looks well in with the FAV on earlier form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

like simenon also and 4s for that looks very decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

3.20 Haydock - The New Hope.

e/w bet. friend of a friend text it on. The field has a heavy favourite hence the e/w bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FitzShane wrote: »
    3.20 Haydock - The New Hope.

e/w bet. friend of a friend text it on. The field has a heavy favourite hence the e/w bet.

nowhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Had a big write up about step up in trip rating claim etc. But either phone or boards decided to delete it. Terracotta e/w this evening at fairy house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Hugh Taylor is something else. Are there any ways of getting his picks before he posts on ATR? Subscription deal or something. Impossible to get the advised odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Follow him on twitter and he gives a 5-10 min warning before he puts up the bets, then just keep refreshing the ATR page and you can usually get on before the price drops.

Hugh Taylor
    @HughRacing

Cheers. No better time to join twitter I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yeah. it's worth it, you can set it to send a text message to your phone when he tweets so you don't miss any.

Sound. Great win by Injun Sands there. Had a lot to do when he found no gap

• Advertisement

Think Charlie's Mate in the 5:30 at Lingfield is at a ridiculous rating (and price) for what it has shown this year.
    4/1 to 5/2. Let's get it done, John Best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

4/1 to 5/2. Let's get it done, John Best!

i duno did he go too early and the way he was out wide lot of race did not help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nuts102 wrote: »
    7pm Multiculture just looking at it where it's priced up with powers probably more aware of Irish racing.

3rd

See the gamble on the winner? 33/1 into 7/2. WOW :eek:

Dominant win from Vent De Force, think he was a bit of a good thing when he won off 72 in a handicap round this time last season.

Promising run from Simenon given the weakness in the market.

Considering having a few quid on Western Hymn this evening, the price doesn't leave much margin for error but he should be a lot closer to the top of the market imo. He won well enough over this C&D on seasonal debut and Postponed did that form no harm with a credible run in a Group 1 (of debatable quality) last weekend.

Think the top two in the market are opposable, Arab Spring looks a typical SMS improver but could find this on the sharp side and has been backed into a silly price now; Tryster has run all his best races on artificial surfaces, although he has not had many chances to show what he can do on turf the US pedigree (and the record of most of his siblings) suggest that he is unlikely to find any further improvement for the switch back to turf.

Missed the 5/1 because herself had me out shopping, got back in time to have a small interest at 4/1 before the price completely disappeared...

Looks an improved performer this year - soft ground for the Eclipse and he has a realistic shout.

Alertness look big at 14/1 19 on betfair for the next at Fairhouse.. Form tied in with some very decent animals, and should like step up in trip

• Advertisement

an old forum favorite Son Of Flicka makes his hunter chase debut in the 8:25 Wetherby (having won a p2p), 5/1 with Bet365, which won't last long.

Just had a bet at 9/1 on betfair.

He owes me one, I put him up for cheltenham a few years ago at 33/1 (along with Rossom), and with my policy of only backing at the course during the festival the price had gone and i didn't actually back it.. To say i was annoyed with myself was an user-statement..

Nuts102 wrote: »

Cheers lads! Nice e/w double landed.

;)

24afa10f4b3b7eef052a4f278106171e.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ya beauty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Thats incredible. Considering the start he had too. Unbelievable stuff

Wow some shout there, to win by a hair then. Well in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Well done sdoc missed it hope you got on a chunk

Cheers lads. Lucky to get there in the end. Hope some of ye were on. i will take the drift to 14s as well how bad.

I have a feeling an account or two of mine will be up for review after the last few days,:P

have one main one for tomorrow and 1 speculative 1. Will post later.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

Merci beaucoup had a crappy lucky 15 going down the tubes not it is up with X3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

madmoose wrote: »
    Already have consort backed at 3/1 and trip to paris at 13/2 at sandown.

Decent

Advertisement