Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choo Choo Tuesday

Options
  • 25-05-2015 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Think Dimitar has a good chance tomorrow 3.10 Lingfield. A four time winner on the all weather, he twice won at Dundalk off marks of 62 and 69 and twice in the UK, off 65 and under this jockey in February last year off a mark of 64 winning with a fair bit more in hand than his 1 length winning margin. He's caught the eye several times since and he's come down in the weights. They backed him two runs back when never getting involved, and ran a much better race than the result last time out at Southwell, travelling well and holding every chance before weakening. A mile on fibresand may have not been ideal for him and has a nice chance tomorrow in a winnable race off a lowly mark of 53. Worth a good bet at 10/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Think Dimitar has a good chance tomorrow 3.10 Lingfield. A four time winner on the all weather, he twice won at Dundalk off marks of 62 and 69 and twice in the UK, off 65 and under this jockey in February last year off a mark of 64 winning with a fair bit more in hand than his 1 length winning margin. He's caught the eye several times since and he's come down in the weights. They backed him two runs back when never getting involved, and ran a much better race than the result last time out at Southwell, travelling well and holding every chance before weakening. A mile on fibresand may have not been ideal for him and has a nice chance tomorrow in a winnable race off a lowly mark of 53. Worth a good bet at 10/1

Have had it in the tracker for a while and was going to put it up later. Not the 1 I expected you to pick. I thought it was going to be Als Memory in the first at Leicester. Looks well in but think its priced right. Will leave it unless I get 8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

16 50 Redcar. Singeur off lowest mark in 2 years tomorrow of 78. Has won off 94 back in 2012. Ran well off marks in the high 80s last season and I think with conditions to suit can go well tomorrow. 11/1 looks a reasonable price. 2 pts win.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Have mentioned this horse a few times, mostly as one to watch, but really feel that Northern Executive (Hex 8:40) is getting close to a winnable mark. The old fella owned a share in this and it was a horse that we rated highly at the time, but it broke our hearts on more than one occasion. Last time out, it was well beaten into second place, but at the same time, not disgraced. The horse that beat it that day was 50 lbs better, so it has every right of being competitive tomorrow. Think the key tomorrow is for this horse to jump well (the reason we sold it, as the horse seemingly lost confidence after a a fall). Best price currently 9/1 with Betfair, looks like this one has already been nibbled at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Just spent an hour picking the bones out of the maiden handicap at Redcar and came to the conclusion that... they are all boats and I really need to find a better way to spend my time :o (I came down on Passionate Appeal FWIW)

Just the one bet for me tomorrow and I think Mary McPhee (4.30 Leicester) looks a few points overpriced now that the Hills yard has begun to find a bit of form. She was outclassed in better races on her final two starts last year but the form of her maiden win offers more than enough evidence to lead me to believe that a mark of 75 is feasible. She ran respectably on her seasonal debut (and her first run on the AW) at Lingfield last month, being set a tough task after being ridden patiently at the back of the field and not being given an overly hard time of things but was nevertheless only beaten a couple of lengths. Now switches back to the turf and the yard are in much better form than they were.
    2pts Win (16/1 BetVictor)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

sdoc13 wrote: »
    16 50 Redcar. Singeur off lowest mark in 2 years tomorrow of 78. Has won off 94 back in 2012. Ran well off marks in the high 80s last season and I think with conditions to suit can go well tomorrow. 11/1 looks a reasonable price. 2 pts win.

Looks like a good call. I'm gonna be bitter if Thatcherite beats us, a few of us backed lady ibrox on the 5th ;) at similar odds!

Gl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

Have mentioned this horse a few times, mostly as one to watch, but really feel that Northern Executive (Hex 8:40) is getting close to a winnable mark. The old fella owned a share in this and it was a horse that we rated highly at the time, but it broke our hearts on more than one occasion. Last time out, it was well beaten into second place, but at the same time, not disgraced. The horse that beat it that day was 50 lbs better, so it has every right of being competitive tomorrow. Think the key tomorrow is for this horse to jump well (the reason we sold it, as the horse seemingly lost confidence after a a fall). Best price currently 9/1 with Betfair, looks like this one has already been nibbled at.

I had a nibble as I did the last time, best of luck, and hope she progresses and throws a few quid your way

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Just for the crack

Several texts this morning
    anyway 5 tips,
    lets just see how they get on,not advocating anyone should back them ( did a few small bets myself just in case)

Stroke of Midnight 3.00 and Virens Army 5.00mboth Leicester and both hannon trained,(pal of mine has a contact in the yard gave me 3 winners on Saturday and 2 losers yesterday and that's typical of him)
    Katies Diamond 2.20 Redcar (Karl Burke and again this guy gets some decent ones from him)
    Rev Uo Ruby 7.10 Hexham,told it was well fancied,(pal of mine based in UK has got word from this stable before)
    Little Big Man,4.10 Lingfield (this is a real friend of a friend knows a fella etc)

Anyhow I have done a 50 cent each way lucky 31 for the crack

Whats the bets all 5 will be unplaced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Just for the crack

anyway 5 tips,
    lets just see how they get on,not advocating anyone should back them ( did a few small bets myself just in case)

Stroke of Midnight 3.00 and Virens Army 5.00mboth Leicester and both hannon trained,(pal of mine has a contact in the yard gave me 3 winners on Saturday and 2 losers yesterday and that's typical of him)
    Katies Diamond 2.20 Redcar (Karl Burke and again this guy gets some decent ones from him)
    Rev Uo Ruby 7.10 Hexham,told it was well fancied,(pal of mine based in UK has got word from this stable before)
    Little Big Man,4.10 Lingfield (this is a real friend of a friend knows a fella etc)

Fair play buddy for posting. Ive done the hannon/hughes combo in a double and am backing the rest in singles so first one in. Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Gazza1

No problem

I backed the first one each way so all bets paid for now

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Just for the crack

anyway 5 tips,

Whats the bet all 5 will be placed:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

2 for me tonight at ballinrobe , small e/w singles and an e/w trixie with PC's shout at at lingfield.

Moon Dice , 7.30 Ballinrobe, ground and trip should be fine, good run behind Pyromaniac beaten 8 lengths, has won off 130 all be it a few years ago, runs today of 121. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few quid for it either, 16/1 currently. Marches Macoroni is the other one i like but at the prices ill take moon dice.

Urano, 8.30 Ballinrobe, ran well over further last time out, travelled very well, will appreciate the bit of better ground, competitive race 7/1 is a fine be me to and should go close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Never got a run.....hard luck PC, but keep them coming!!!

obama-train-wreck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Christ above that was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Nice pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Well done sdoc great picking as usual wasn't on just my luck lately must have had at least 8 second place horses in last 2days oh well luck bound to change soon
    Smalll Lucky 15 for interest at ballinrobe
    6:30 Stay with it 9-1,7:30 argentino 12-1, 8:00 fort smith 12-1, 8:30 duseybeag 16-1. Good luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I always seem to pop in to late aswell ha, Ah well good job all.

Advertisement