Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday 22/05

• 21-05-2015 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Bath 2 10

Put up Harry Bosch the last day when finished 3rd at Brighton last week off 53. Dropped 2 lbs for that run. Runs off 51 tomorrow and won over C and D at bath in May last year off 77. I think the 8/1 available is value think he is more of a 6/1 shot. 2 pts win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Saw that Glan Y Gors is running in the 4.00 at Goodwood tomorrow...won a few weeks ago, but running against the likes of Storm the Stars tomorrow...anyone fancy his chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

7:40 Musselburgh - Bowson Fred (4/1 Coral)
    Has barely run a bad race since being allotted a handicap mark and drops back down to a Class 4 race for the first time since finishing a head second off a 2lb lower mark at Carlisle last season, reasonable to think that he has progressed a bit since then so must have a massive chance here. I know the yard fancied his chances when a 20/1 second off the same mark at York in a better race lto and this course is likely to better suit his style of racing. Talented young claimer in the plate - only concern is that he gets involved in a battle for the lead early as there are a few who like to force things in the line up.
    2pts Win

4.15 Haydock - Get Knotted (4/1 Bet365)
    Progressive in maidens last year and looked likely to come on for his third place on reappearance behind Critical Risk - that one franked the form in the style of a well handicapped horse when dead heating this evening (possibly a tad unlucky not to win outright). The first three home pulled a long way clear in that race and he has obvious claims off the same mark.
    2pts Win

2.40 Bath - Kitten's Red (9/1 Ladbrokes)
    Three runs in maidens last year looked to be conducted with a view to handicaps in the future and a mark of 64 should not be insurmountable. Seasonal reappearance probably a bit better than it looks on paper as he was eased right off after his chance had gone. Dropped 2lbs in the handicap and in a significantly weaker race I would not be surprised were he to leave that performance behind.
    1pt Win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,783 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The 6:35 at Cork is going to be a real tactical betting affair for me. Captain Power will undoubtedly see a lot of cash though as people pile into what they might see as Sole Power's heir. Intend on backing that with the intention to laying off, will trading anything I make into Sauanna Belle which is a stonking 14/1 already in the early price. Given what it has done against many better horses than what it goes out against tomorrow, this is the value pick. Some of the best form that this horse has showed has been over 5f, so the step back down to that distance should suit. Have been following this one since it got robbed at the Curragh and reckon it looks a real precocious type, so the addition of the cheek pieces might just do the trick and get it to finish its race tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

All over Luna Moon in the 3.25 Goodwood

Wouldn't want to be backing him myself but I know they are confident that Zeshov (2.50 Goodwood) can win off his current mark.

The price doesn't appeal to me and I would be a bit worried about the absence, also think the yard can sometimes overestimate their chances but just thought I'd share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Imaginary World 18.30 Pontefract has won off a BHA of 76 in the past so looks a possibility off 63 as a C&D winner.Ben Curtis is a talented jockey and the 20/1 on Betfair looks too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Skintwin wrote: »
    Saw that Glan Y Gors is running in the 4.00 at Goodwood tomorrow...won a few weeks ago, but running against the likes of Storm the Stars tomorrow...anyone fancy his chances?

Huge step up in class going from a Pontefract maiden to a listed Derby trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ladeeen

I'll be on Jamie Spencer's ride Life Less Ordinary in the 2:00 @ Haydock.

Won well the other week and looks to be an improving horse.

11/8 with Boyles @ the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Captain power at Cork for me, e/w at 7/2, would be happier if it was 6f, hopefully stop my string of 4th place finshes.. will double up e/w with PC's shout in the handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Slaved all through the night going through all the form ground weight distance wind astrology and came up with 5 selections for today...........................
    then threw them out decided to go with two horses called freddy :D

Goodwood

Freddy freeloader 2.20 20-1
    Freddy with a Y 2.50 8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭kod12

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Bath 2 10

Put up Harry Bosch the last day when finished 3rd at Brighton last week off 53. Dropped 2 lbs for that run. Runs off 51 tomorrow and won over C and D at bath in May last year off 77. I think the 8/1 available is value think he is more of a 6/1 shot. 2 pts win

Nice pick won well Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Med101007

Bath 2 10

Get in there!! Brilliant tipping sdoc13..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Bath 2 10

Nicley done SD

Bath 2 10

Didn't follow but top class stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

What do ye think of Bravo Echo for the 2:50 at Goodwood.. It was 16/1 and is now 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

7:40 Musselburgh - Bowson Fred (4/1 Coral)
    Has barely run a bad race since being allotted a handicap mark and drops back down to a Class 4 race for the first time since finishing a head second off a 2lb lower mark at Carlisle last season, reasonable to think that he has progressed a bit since then so must have a massive chance here. I know the yard fancied his chances when a 20/1 second off the same mark at York in a better race lto and this course is likely to better suit his style of racing. Talented young claimer in the plate - only concern is that he gets involved in a battle for the lead early as there are a few who like to force things in the line up.
    2pts Win

4.15 Haydock - Get Knotted (4/1 Bet365)
    Progressive in maidens last year and looked likely to come on for his third place on reappearance behind Critical Risk - that one franked the form in the style of a well handicapped horse when dead heating this evening (possibly a tad unlucky not to win outright). The first three home pulled a long way clear in that race and he has obvious claims off the same mark.
    2pts Win

2.40 Bath - Kitten's Red (9/1 Ladbrokes)
    Three runs in maidens last year looked to be conducted with a view to handicaps in the future and a mark of 64 should not be insurmountable. Seasonal reappearance probably a bit better than it looks on paper as he was eased right off after his chance had gone. Dropped 2lbs in the handicap and in a significantly weaker race I would not be surprised were he to leave that performance behind.
    1pt Win

Oooh! Nice call on kittens red, lovely price you got, didn't back.
    Well done

Bit of a R4 but always nice when the first one obliges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Cheers lads hope a few of you got on. If PCs wins now will have been a nice day. Why didnt I double em.

Well in with Kitten Rock Mostly, Meant to back it n forgot.

shamdrog63 wrote: »
    Imaginary World 18.30 Pontefract has won off a BHA of 76 in the past so looks a possibility off 63 as a C&D winner.Ben Curtis is a talented jockey and the 20/1 on Betfair looks too big.

Have had 1 pt win. Dont know how I didn't spot it myself. Type of profile that usually interests me. Cheers.

Interested to see how Postbag goes in the next at Goodwood, the one she beat last time out ran well again yesterday - finishing not far behind one of Fanshawe's (that someone tipped as a potential Ribblesdale filly) with the first two a long way clear of the rest.

The money looks to have come for her now and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Well done sdoc. Great stuff. Which horse has pc put up. Can't seem to find it. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Interested to see how Postbag goes in the next at Goodwood, the one she beat last time out ran well again yesterday - finishing not far behind one of Fanshawe's (that someone tipped as a potential Ribblesdale filly) with the first two a long way clear of the rest.

The money looks to have come for her now and all.

Very eyecatching. Nothing really went right for it but was powering home. If it had got the gap at the split it would have won. One for the notebook.

Jockey went very easy on volunteer point going again after the line guess that's why you need a good jockey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great ride on Storm The Stars there.

Also Mostly_Harmless, I'm with you on Get Knotted in the next at Haydock, think the form of the handicap he ran in last time is very decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Hahaha!! WTF?! What was he doing there that caused him to pitch off like that!

God knows what went through Get Knotted's head there!?! Didn't fancy the prospect of a 35% Rule 4 perhaps?

One of them ones where you just have to hold your hands up take a deep breath and carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

This is only 3rd hand info so don't be going mad but Smarty Artie's meant to be a decent animal and should be hard beat if settling in the 4.50 Haydock, 9/2 available at the minute but i'd say he could go fav at about 11/4 before the off.gliyf

jj mac wrote: »
    Well done sdoc. Great stuff. Which horse has pc put up. Can't seem to find it. Cheers.

Put up Jematt in the 8 05 Cork in The Rossom thread last night at 14s. Best price 10s now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

This is only 3rd hand info so don't be going mad but Smarty Artie's meant to be a decent animal and should be hard beat if settling in the 4.50 Haydock, 9/2 available at the minute but i'd say he could go fav at about 11/4 before the off.gliyf

Drifted like a barge but got the place. Anyone see the prelims? Any reason for the drift? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,439 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Little Arrows 40-1 ew 8.05
    It's down to a trip it has a good record over/7f and at 40-1 with 4 to place
    in whats a weak looking race it's good value.
    40-1 ew 8.05

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

Little Arrows 40-1 ew 8.05
    It's down to a trip it has a good record over/7f and at 40-1 with 4 to place
    in a weak looking race it's good value.
    40-1 ew 8.05

Have been mulling this one over myself, haven't committed as yet, waiting on one or two runners before I decide. gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,439 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Snap Click 14-1 8.05
    Same race. Has a good chance if fit on first outing

Wachman horse last waltz next time out dirty stuff only tried when he saw his other horse getting beaten also channon horse jersey brown gave everyone a lovely lead to finish 4th septic stuff

Wachman horse last waltz next time out dirty stuff only tried when he saw his other horse getting beaten also channon horse jersey brown gave everyone a lovely lead to finish 4th septic stuff

Agree with you on last waltz went straight into the tracker after watching the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Applejack Lad 6-40 Musselburgh wasn't given too hard a time of it on his seasonal reappearance and with improvement for his second run since switching stables should go close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

:D:D:D:D
    What other horse??? Even if he had another in it, I'd laugh.
    Jersey Brown was ultimately well held.
    Drinking money gonezo for the summer I assume?

kalinisi wrote: »
    Captain power at Cork for me, e/w at 7/2, would be happier if it was 6f, hopefully stop my string of 4th place finshes.. will double up e/w with PC's shout in the handicap

4th ....JAYSUS

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Watching the 7.05 race, fran berry on little sweetheart, starts 2 look around about 2 furlongs out while in about 3rd place. Why the fck do jockeys do this when at this point it sure be pure concentration on getting over the line...anyone??

:D:D:D:D
    What other horse??? Even if he had another in it, I'd laugh.
    Jersey Brown was ultimately well held.
    Drinking money gonezo for the summer I assume?

Jersey brown was well held after missing the kick by 5 lengths then held right at the back and lost by less than a length well held indeed.
    Not saying lost on purpose but didn't want to win by too far and got in trouble

Wachman did have another horse in race Last waltz guaranteed winner nto, not sure what you were watching no need for childish talk on your part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Horrific ****ing ride on Jembatt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr Ed2011

Johner wrote: »
    Horrific ****ing ride on Jembatt.

Totally agree should have won

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Wachman did have another horse in race Last waltz guaranteed winner nto, not sure what you were watching no need for childish talk on your part.
    Wasn't th'other Wachman horse a non-runner?

curioser wrote: »
    Wasn't th'other Wachman horse a non-runner?

Right there mixed up the two beauties my bad

Advertisement