Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Too many connections”

Options
  • 03-08-2020 10:01pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, having recurring issues over the past few days on mobile. Accessing from abroad fwiw. Site is slow too

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/ll6ozwt

The is the most common issue but occasionally get 404s

Cache seems wonky too. Takes me to latest posts on some threads that are a few days old

I’ve cleared my own cache and logged out etc but makes no difference

On iPhone, safari. Happens on WiFi and cellular.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I’m getting this regularly today too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Sane here. It's mostly on touch version of the site.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry all, the time issue with posts appearing, disappearing has been resolved. Apologies for not posting it here, I had posted in teh Feedback thread and the homepage announcement to update.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

On my phone I am now being asked by a captcha to choose the pics with certain items. I cannot see these without zooming in. When zoomed in the screen misreads the screen taps. The site has become unusable on my phone.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Seems to be all good again since last night. Thanks Niamh & co!

• Advertisement

Wearb wrote: »
    On my phone I am now being asked by a captcha to choose the pics with certain items. I cannot see these without zooming in. When zoomed in the screen misreads the screen taps. The site has become unusable on my phone.

Sorry to hear that Wearb, I am getting the same on my phone when I check it here. Cloudflare is obviously detecting some traffic it doesn't like and is checking all connections before allowing access to the site, usually this will abate after a while but I'm not sure what you can do to make accessing the captcha any easier. I was able to do it on the touch site ok but I realise the images can sometimes be hard to decipher and even more so on a small screen.

faceman wrote: »
    Seems to be all good again since last night. Thanks Niamh & co!

You're very welcome, faceman :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement