Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Sorry, you have been blocked"

Options
  • 29-03-2020 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭

Continually (for the past few days) get this message when attempting to preview or reply to a PM (from anyone):

507437.png

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I cannot comment on the specifics but hopefully someone from the office (OK WFH!) will be able to when they are back on duty

I would say though that there have been times during the day, particularly around the HSE/Government updates, when we are seeing unprecedented numbers viewing the site with Cloudfare kicking in. I'm not sure if there's something which is because of site traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not seen that X before but the typeface is certainly the cloudflare look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Not seen that X before but the typeface is certainly the cloudflare look.

I'd hazard a guess that Cloudflare is blocking POST requests, particularly from IPs outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I see :) thanks everyone!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Deja Boo,

Unfortunately, this is a Cloudflare restriction being imposed upon your location. You could try using a VPN to appear to be accessing Boards from elsewhere; the most reliable being inside of Ireland, of course. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Advertisement

oh jayz, dont approve that last post.... just say thanks mark! and will be on my way. :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Deja Boo wrote: »
    oh jayz, dont approve that last post.... just say thanks mark! and will be on my way. :pac:
    Your wish is my command

507683.jpg

:pac::pac:

7yersnt.gif

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement