Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming events in South Australia - February / March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Cheers for this - I get to adelaide the 11th of march for a couple of weeks. If anyone is thinking of going to the cricket world cup, ireland are playing pakistan sunday 15th march in the adelaode oval. I've never been to a cricket match before (only learned the rules before xmas) so I'm going to make that my first one. Going solo too so if anyone wants a drinking partner for the day, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Cheers for this - I get to adelaide the 11th of march for a couple of weeks. If anyone is thinking of going to the cricket world cup, ireland are playing pakistan sunday 15th march in the adelaode oval. I've never been to a cricket match before (only learned the rules before xmas) so I'm going to make that my first one. Going solo too so if anyone wants a drinking partner for the day, let me know!

Lovely stuff! Not into the cricket myself, but Adelaide Oval is a good place for it. With the amount of aussies into the game, you definitely won't be alone! :pac: If last year is anything to go by, the weather should be beautiful too. Free transport around the CBD, with extended hours until 15th March for the festival season. Lost of decent pubs within walking distance - the oval it right between North Adelaide, and the CBD. Lots of new wanky bars that have popped up in the city over the last 6-12 months. I say wanky as a description, but they're actually nice places, really adds to the city imho. This place does an awesome burger if you like decent buns, and not the usual white pasty ****e that most other places have.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

I will be there! Unfortunately, drinking buddy may be out as my 7 year old daughter has won a competition and is going to be one of the mascots walking out with the Irish team. She is real excited as she has not met many 'real Irish people', as she says!!! A few beers will be had but have to find a way to deposit the daughter soon after match starts as she will be bored after 2 overs! She can handle AFL matches but cricket???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mark890

Adelaide is very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

mark890 wrote: »
    Adelaide is very exciting.

Is that it? Short and sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mark890

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Is that it? Short and sweet.

yes sir, take from that what you will. it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Mad-March is pretty much over now, but here's another event that wasn't on the original list for anyone that's still around this Friday.

Sent: Monday, 23 March 2015 4:17 PM
    Subject: Barossa on Ebenezer - Popup wine event - Friday, 27 March

PREMIUM FOOD AND WINE FROM OUR CLEAN ENVIRONMENT

Barossa on Ebenezer
    Popup wine event to showcase an iconic South Australian wine region

4.30pm – 7.30pm Friday 27 March, Ebenezer Place, Adelaide (off Rundle Street)

Discover one of South Australia’s premium wine regions this Friday at a showcase wine event in the heart of Adelaide.

‘Barossa on Ebenezer’ will feature a cross-section of well-known wine brands and boutique wineries from the Barossa region, with a variety of wines sold at popup cellar doors in Ebenezer Place.

Up to 25 wine brands and wineries are showcasing their premium wines at this event, with food also available from local traders.

Barossa on Ebenezer is the latest in a series of successful popup wine events that brings South Australia’s wine regions to the city.

This event is being run in partnership with the South Australian Wine Industry Association, Barossa Grape and Wine Association and Primary Industries and Regions SA.

Drink responsibly – don’t drink and drive.

This message has been authorised by
    Scott Ashby, Chief Executive, Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA)

Advertisement