Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bat Kinane - A Lifetime To Kill

Options
  • 15-10-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭

Not me but a friend of mine,

Bat Kinane is from Ballyknockon in the Wicklow Mountains. Some might know him from Glyder fame - although Glyder have recently called it a day.
    During off-time from Glyder, Bat continued to pursue his passion for creating music. The end result is an album of an eclectic mix of rock/folk and blues called "A Lifetime To Kill"

The album has some guest musicians including soul legend Rob Strong, Dave Roe (Johnny Cash) and Pat McManus (ex Mamas Boys).

bookletsmall.jpg

The album was released at the start of the month here in Ireland and is available from all decent record stores and a number of online avenues.

Give the tracks online a listen, see what you think, and if it takes your fancy you might buy the album. Check out the official site for more details, to hear some tracks, to read a bit more or to interact with bat.

www.batkinane.com

Below is a clip of Bat performing one of his tracks on WLRFM.

Below is a video montage of Bat's Rory Gallagher tribute track

The above highlight the songwriting abilities of Bat, and as i said above if you like what you hear, check out some more through his site.

Bat will have an album launch in Kielys Mount Merrion on Thursday the 21st of October, it will be free in, so if you are out and about drop in to see the man in action.

Happy Listening.

Advertisement