Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public order offense / chances of success?

Options
  • 10-11-2019 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi. I’ve recently passed the interview stage. 3 years ago I got a fine for being intoxicated in public(100e) I wasn’t arrested / handcuffed, I got into the police car was brought to the station and my father picked me up 15 mins later. It’s something I’m really worried about and I am looking for advice going forward (in regards to filling form B). Will this affect my chances of success? Does this fine count as a charge? Would I declare it under being taken into police custody? I guess I’m just panicking a bit as my past feels like it’s come back to haunt me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You'll be asked on the form have you ever been arrested etc so you'll declare it there. You'll be asked about it when you meet the sergeant/super so have a good explanation ready for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

papster97 wrote: »
    Hi. I’ve recently passed the interview stage. 3 years ago I got a fine for being intoxicated in public(100e) I wasn’t arrested / handcuffed, I got into the police car was brought to the station and my father picked me up 15 mins later. It’s something I’m really worried about and I am looking for advice going forward (in regards to filling form B). Will this affect my chances of success? Does this fine count as a charge? Would I declare it under being taken into police custody? I guess I’m just panicking a bit as my past feels like it’s come back to haunt me!

how did this interview go? or has it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 docst

Did you go to court or get a caution, either way declare it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

It went fine. I declared it on Form B, discussed with sergeant and super. Upfront and honest, it was a stupid mistake as stated completely out of character, I was relieved that the super told me he would be passing my file on / recommending it. Glad I wasn’t left in the dark guessing about it as that would’ve been torture. Just waiting for vetting to be complete now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

It went fine. I declared it on Form B, discussed with sergeant and super. Upfront and honest, it was a stupid mistake as stated completely out of character, I was relieved that the super told me he would be passing my file on / recommending it. Glad I wasn’t left in the dark guessing about it as that would’ve been torture. Just waiting for vetting to be complete now.

aw thats good news, i got an adult caution 7 years ago for pissing in public ( not my brightest idea as it directly opposite a garda station) so im waiting to explain that one hah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    aw thats good news, i got an adult caution 7 years ago for pissing in public ( not my brightest idea as it directly opposite a garda station) so im waiting to explain that one hah

Have a good explanation if possible because you won’t be able to focus on anything else the sergeant / super is saying before the dreaded talk, and you want to make a good impression. Try to be positive! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

St. Westy wrote: »

As George Bush Junior says " when I was young and foolish I did young and foolish things"
    You learned from your mistake and didn't offend again (or at least you weren't caught)

Advertisement