Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wedding abroad or in Ireland

• 07-08-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi all,
    OH and I recently got engaged :) and i have started looking at approx costs, people we'd like to invite and whether to have the wedding in Ireland or going abroad to Italy. a reason for not having it in Ireland is the amount of people to invite would be crazy, as well as saving for a house, financial commitments etc.....
    we both want a very small intimate day with perhaps 30 people and will pay for flights & accom. for the parents, bridesmaids and bestmen. has anyone experienced a wedding similar to this abroad? was it enjoyable? and maybe a budget cost?
    thanks,
    s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

We fly to Italy 2 weeks tomorrow to get married. One of my best mates gets married in Ireland in December. Looking at the differences in organisational skills required I would recommend the wedding abroad. It has been so easy. Depending on the time of year you can get married in Italy for very little. I would recommend Villa San Crispolto for 30 people. We're in the sister property, Villa Baroncino, we have 125 people flying across. If you pm me I'll send you a link and password to the budget calculator it will give you an excellent idea.
    Congratulations by the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fLukeozade

Hi Barbiegirl,

My fiancee and I are planning our 2009 wedding, and are close to settling on Villa Baroncino as our location. We don't have time to visit as they're about to book out for next year, so are surfing the web trying to find someone with an independent view of this venue and of Marco's services. If you wouldn't mind sparing a few minutes of your time, could you share an opinion from your recent trip?

Many thanks,

Luke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 swimmingly

Hiya,

As the cost of a wedding goes up (avg = €35k!) loads of people are looking abroad. The new issue of Confetti 25 Real Weddings did a "special report" on it and got real brides to dish on the pros and cons of marrying abroad. The biggest concern for couples was the logistics of getting all friends and family in one foreign destination. The smaller the wedding you're planning, the less of an issue, I suppose. If you know you're going to have a large guest list, why not go for a venue that will make you feel abroad? Barnabrow House down in Cork felt like a French chateau. I was only a guest so I can only vouch for the food and the rooms: two thumbs up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

im getting married in italy on the 20th of this month. we have 50 guests going over, working out at around 15-16,000euro. i definetly think its the way to go. we got a wedding planner to sort out every thing for us

http://www.dreamacademy.it/eng/

its in Gradara we're getting married. if you do go down the Italy route, have a serious look at this place. absolutly gorgeous.
    this is were we are having the reception

http://www.conventinogradara.it/

it has to be seen to appreciate it. really a stunning setting for a wedding.

Advertisement