Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple AirPods - Best Deals?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

mel123 wrote: »
    i got mine but it has outer packaging and i dont want to open it as its a gift for Christmas so i wonder if they have never been opened and are fine inside or if i should open them to check if i need to send them back

If its a warehouse deal - Id definitely open it check - unless the shrink wrap is intact - then you got really lucky.
    Apple shrink wrap is perfectly smooth - any wrinkles and it might have been resealed.

Check out how close the fakes are to the originals

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

ozmo wrote: »
    If its a warehouse deal - Id definitely open it check - unless the shrink wrap is intact - then you got really lucky.
    Apple shrink wrap is perfectly smooth - any wrinkles and it might have been resealed.

Check out how close the fakes are to the originals

How do you mean really lucky? Do you think that Amazon are selling lots of fakes from warehouse? That’s just a question not any kind of judgment on what you are saying.

I got a pair which came from a dirty box with no shrink wrap. The case inside was spotless and wrapped and the coiling of the lightning cable was a good indicator it was all as new.

I saw the magnet test of how to check if genuine and mine seem to be. I bought a pair from apple last Xmas as a present and this was the case also.

https://stupidapplerumors.com/how-to-check-if-your-airpods-are-authentic/

All in all I like them, I’ve never liked plastic insert buds but these aren’t too uncomfortable, sound quality is very good and calls are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

How do you mean really lucky? Do you think that Amazon are selling lots of fakes from warehouse? That’s just a question not any kind of judgment on what you are saying.

I'd say there are a lot of people returning fakes as genuine to Amazon. These then get sold in the warehouse.

How do you mean really lucky? Do you think that Amazon are selling lots of fakes from warehouse?

Yes - If you got a shrink wrapped item on warehouse - then very lucky you got one that is actually brand new and not something someone returned

returns could be ok as well - but they don't seem to check very well - might be missing cables - could be replaced with fake or box could be empty - so worth checking before gift it.

The one thing I bought on Warehouse - a printer - all ink and drums were removed- it was just an empty printer shell - so I don't do warehouse anymore.
    And also - full price - I got a coffee machine from Amazon that someone at amazon had opened and took free coffee vouchers out - that was annoying.

Also - lots of "third party seller" fakes elsewhere on Amazon - look at the comments here -> its a fake dyson for more than real one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dyson-Hair-Dryer-Fuchsia-1200W/dp/B01FIG1JIM

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

This had me thinking, if I go to https://checkcoverage.apple.com and then type in my S/N, it accepts them and then takes me to the next page, where I get the following

"Purchase Date not Validated
    Please update your product purchase date by following the link

but when I click and try to update the date I got it, it keeps telling me "We’re sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later."

Anyone else have this issue ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

This had me thinking, if I go to https://checkcoverage.apple.com and then type in my S/N, it accepts them and then takes me to the next page, where I get the following

"Purchase Date not Validated
    Please update your product purchase date by following the link

but when I click and try to update the date I got it, it keeps telling me "We’re sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later."

Anyone else have this issue ?

Okay - After spending close to 30 minutes with Apple Support, providing them with proof of purchase etc. The person got it registered, Now showing 3 months phone support and 1 year Repair and service coverage on their site :D

Albeit, it is is registered like I bought it last Thursday, rather than Saturday from Amazon - But no complaints.

Also note that on my box it shows it was manufactured on the 08/2020

Pacifico wrote: »
    I'd say there are a lot of people returning fakes as genuine to Amazon. These then get sold in the warehouse.

Speculating here, but I’d imagine their warehouse quality control is on top of this. Third party resellers potentially tselling fakes through Amazon, but not warehouse sold direct from Amazon for a high end product.

Yes - If you got a shrink wrapped item on warehouse - then very lucky you got one that is actually brand new and not something someone returned

returns could be ok as well - but they don't seem to check very well - might be missing cables - could be replaced with fake or box could be empty - so worth checking before gift it.

The one thing I bought on Warehouse - a printer - all ink and drums were removed- it was just an empty printer shell - so I don't do warehouse anymore.
    And also - full price - I got a coffee machine from Amazon that someone at amazon had opened and took free coffee vouchers out - that was annoying.

Also - lots of "third party seller" fakes elsewhere on Amazon - look at the comments here -> its a fake dyson for more than real one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dyson-Hair-Dryer-Fuchsia-1200W/dp/B01FIG1JIM

I’m assuming you returned them both without any expense, which would lead me to believe they don’t really try to defraud their customers by selling sh*te.

How did you find out an Amazon employee took your “free vouchers” out? That’s extraordinary that an employee did that and that they told you.

I’m assuming you returned them both without any expense, which would lead me to believe they don’t really try to defraud their customers by selling sh*te.

How did you find out an Amazon employee took your “free vouchers” out? That’s extraordinary that an employee did that and that they told you.

It was a for a christmas present and wasn't time to return it- It was brand new (not warehouse) there was supposed to be a starter pack of coffee capsules and a voucher to buy more in the box - the amazon box was sealed (so not postmen) but inside the product box was opened and vouchers and pods were missing.
    Amazon gave me 10 pounds credit instead but that didnt cover the loss and cheapened the present. Coffee machine was never used. :( and i know was recently thrown out.

Im not saying Amazon are not good for returns - they are too good - and take anything back. Try giving earphones back to argos that are working and see what they say.

Question was should the poster open a box from a warehouse deal before gifting it - and yes - i think they should. At least to make sure there is no earwax on it :O !

“Roll it back”

It was a for a christmas present and wasn't time to return it- It was brand new (not warehouse) there was supposed to be a starter pack of coffee capsules and a voucher to buy more in the box - the amazon box was sealed (so not postmen) but inside the product box was opened and vouchers and pods were missing.
    Amazon gave me 10 pounds credit instead but that didnt cover the loss and cheapened the present. Coffee machine was never used. :( and i know was recently thrown out.

Im not saying Amazon are not good for returns - they are too good - and take anything back. Try giving earphones back to argos that are working and see what they say.

Question was should the poster open a box from a warehouse deal before gifting it - and yes - i think they should. At least to make sure there is no earwax on it :O !

No, your point was, which I asked about before judging was why someone would’ve “lucky” in your own words if they were not to receive an authentic item through warehouse, which now seems clear. You’ve absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You’ve also no idea where your vouchers went. And you’ve also said that Amazon have honoured all your returns.

Imagine dealing with this as a customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Speculating here, but I’d imagine their warehouse quality control is on top of this.

Wouldn't bet on it.

About a year ago, I bought a brand new Canon flashgun from Amazon direct.
    I stress not warehouse, and not third party seller, but brand new from Amazon direct.

like this one:

a5f1e0a2d40933b5de0f8fb4e4d15474.jpg

There were no signs of tampering with the box, that I noticed, but inside was a brand new Yongnuo flash, like this one.

product-image-1119024847_480x480.jpg?v=1575561840

Obviously Amazon immediately sent me a brand new replacement, when I told them but I guess some dude, had done a swap and one way or another, Amazon had sent me a return of some sort. :confused: :mad:

The brand name in big letters on the front should be kinda noticeable, but clearly not.

No, your point was, which I asked about before judging was why someone would’ve “lucky” in your own words if they were not to receive an authentic item through warehouse, which now seems clear. You’ve absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You’ve also no idea where your vouchers went. And you’ve also said that Amazon have honoured all your returns.

Imagine dealing with this as a customer.

I've no idea why you are sounding so mad.... ???

I said the person who got a sealed unit when it was sold as "used" was very lucky to have done so.

But if it wasnt sealed I would definitely open it to check it wasnt damaged

I added my experience with not everything from Amazon being perfect with a gift I had planned.

Why so upset?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i got a pair from the french warehouse as used, like new. should there have been shrink wrap around the case and or buds? packaging was marked, but not damaged but no shrink wrap.

not a mark on the charging case or the ear buds, so they look and work fine.

ablelocks wrote: »
    i got a pair from the french warehouse as used, like new. should there have been shrink wrap around the case and or buds? packaging was marked, but not damaged but no shrink wrap.

not a mark on the charging case or the ear buds, so they look and work fine.

When new - they have a tight shrink wrap covering whole cardboard box - inside there was a white plastic sticker wrapping the earpods carry case. Under the tray was a neatly coiled charging cable - tied to hold it in a circular shape. There was some leaflets.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I just don't trust Amazon for Airpods Pro - too many opportunities for cheating in their supply and delivery chain. Littlewoods have them for €229. They seem like the genuine article...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Warehouse, maybe. Amazon itself, that is complete bull
    Cyclepath wrote: »
    I just don't trust Amazon for Airpods Pro - too many opportunities for cheating in their supply and delivery chain. Littlewoods have them for €229. They seem like the genuine article...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Cyclepath wrote: »

Just reviving this. Littlewoods are still selling the AirPods Pro for €229.00. Just bought a pair. :)

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/apple-airpods-pro-earphonesnbsp--active-noise-cancelling/1600405786.prd?_requestid=129044&Ntt=airpods

Currently €279 with Apple, but granted that they may be a bit cheaper on Amazon.co.uk. @ £195

If you have Airpods - you really should try the new Apple Music offering - its free for 3 months - then.. not so cheap.

Been playing with it past few days - same as Spotify - but "lossless Audio + Dolby Athmos"

It reproduces surround sound in the Airpods - really amazing. music above and behind you. eg. Riders on the Storm - you can hear the rain swirling around your head.
    Its only fairly new - so they only have a couple hundred tracks currently done in Athmos - but well worth doing the free trial...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Just reviving this. Littlewoods are still selling the AirPods Pro for €229.00. Just bought a pair. :)

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/apple-airpods-pro-earphonesnbsp--active-noise-cancelling/1600405786.prd?_requestid=129044&Ntt=airpods

Currently €279 with Apple, but granted that they may be a bit cheaper on Amazon.co.uk. @ £195

Charging case included?
    Read the reviews and one guy pointed out no charge case provided ? That can’t be right?
    Thanks

Advertisement