Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung TAB 9-10 refurb Argos ebay UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

What about parcel wizard?

flintash wrote: »
    What about parcel wizard?
    Not sure about this but adress looks pretty much the same as parcel motel so I think they will refuse to post it. Best way to email them.

I will chance it. Nothing to loose. But hanks for info, good to know anyways.

probably worth getting the 10 inch for better cpu (9 version is very weak and really might struggle doing stuff in android these days) and screen resolution.
    in fact from reviews definitely don't buy the 9.6 inch tab e. the 10 inch tab a is a much better deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Both out of stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Just ordered 10" version, must be more stock.

yes thats right, 10 inch back in stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

They have been cancelling orders to PM recently

Anyone know what do they accept if not PM etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭nc6000

I've ordered a 10" with Parcel Motel as the delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Atrides

Wait for refund now

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyone know what do they accept if not PM etc ?

Can't see why they wouldn't accept address pal as it is mainland uk

toe_knee wrote: »
    Can't see why they wouldn't accept address pal as it is mainland uk
    that's what they told me. I think that could be problem with parcel insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Waste of money they are slow and have a very small memory.

There would be a VAT issue as item being redirected to ROI but VAT not being paid in ROI on item.
    As Argos are heavily present in ROI probably don't want to have a problem for small amount of sales like this.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Waste of money they are slow and have a very small memory.

the 10.1 version is ok for general browsing and media watching
    the 9.6 one is cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

glasso wrote: »
    the 10.1 version is ok for general browsing and media watching
    the 9.6 one is cack.

Yes but if you stick on a few apps they will become really slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

But surely if the parcel is insured to get to the specified destination of Addresspal's premises in St Albans, and the package arrives and is signed for at said destination, then they (Argos) have fulfilled what was required of them?

What business of theirs is it if you have an arrangement with another party to bring it across to Ireland?
    If you sent it to a cousin in Derby or some English location like that, in order for the cousin to send it on later to you, would they also refuse?

BTW I have no interest personally, in acquiring any of these tablets, but found this discussion interesting, as it seems like shaky ground for refusal, legally speaking, if you ask me.

duridian wrote: »
    But surely if the parcel is insured to get to the specified destination of Addresspal's premises in St Albans, and the package arrives and is signed for at said destination, then they (Argos) have fulfilled what was required of them?

What business of theirs is it if you have an arrangement with another party to bring it across to Ireland?

Because businesses like Parcel Motel and Address Pal only off insurance up to a certain amount. If and when e.g. a TV that was bought on Argos eBay gets shipped to Ireland via Parcel Motel and broken along the way, Parcel Motel will only offer a fraction of the price of the TV as compensation and people will go hunting Argos eBay for the rest or for a new TV to be sent, even though it's not their fault.

While that's true in general when shipping items, the likelihood of it happening dramatically increases when an intermediate courier is used and it causes a logistical nightmare. Argos (and others) have decided it's not worth their hassle, and that's their decision to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭nc6000

I just got an order dispatched email for my 10.1 inch. Paid with PayPal and used Parcel Motel as the delivery address.

Works out at €105 excluding PM charges.

I think it's a great deal so many thanks to the OP.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yes but if you stick on a few apps they will become really slow!

do you actually have one of these or just assuming?

2gb ram is perfectly fine for most stuff.
    16gb storage in conjunctio with an sd card is not too bad either and that combo will allow a reasonable amount of apps.
    generally you wouldn't install as many apps on a tablet as on a phone due to less frequent use.

the reviews are generally good for this tablet online

http://www.tabletpccomparison.net/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1

I got email too , but using parcel wizard.
    You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks for the heads up Flintash, delighted to also have received the dispatch email.

Hopefully will be a nice upgrade for my Dad, seems like a great bargain for €101!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

devil-80 wrote:
    Argos ebay don't post anymore to parcel motel or addresspal. So order will be cancel.

Atrides wrote:
    Wait for refund now

??
    I ordered a printer from Argos outlet two weeks ago to parcel motel. Got free next day delivery to Norn iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Wow, I ordered two things over Christmas from Argos and both were cancelled on me.

Maybe they cancel order when they dont have it in stock or its random but mine Samsung tab was canceled before.

Its out of stock now, but keep an eye on it because they're coming back to stock from time to time.I had set up check for them and waited about 5 days when they came back to stock. So dont loose the hope, though they are selling fast. (especially 10 inch)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

tedpan wrote: »
    ??
    I ordered a printer from Argos outlet two weeks ago to parcel motel. Got free next day delivery to Norn iron.
    sue97 wrote: »
    Wow, I ordered two things over Christmas from Argos and both were cancelled on me.
    devil-80 wrote: »
    Maybe they cancel order when they dont have it in stock or its random but mine Samsung tab was canceled before.

I think the trick might be to put the address in but leave out the 'Parcelmotel' or 'parcelwizard' part. This happened to me on an order from PC World last year where another guy got his laptop and left out this part and I didn't and I had it in.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I think the trick might be to put the address in but leave out the 'Parcelmotel' or 'parcelwizard' part. This happened to me on an order from PC World last year where another guy got his laptop and left out this part and I didn't and I had it in.

It's not. I included Parcel Wizard in my address for an order last month and I got it. It's just hit or miss like Chinese customs I guess. :)

Advertisement