Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.5m Mini Android Endoscope with Waterproof IP67 and Inspection Snake Tube Camera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

moeblogs wrote: »
    Just ordered this https://www.gamiss.com/decorative-accents-11437/product1528841/ looked ok for $4 delivered.. spotted on hukd.

Need to use code DSGMHNY25 to get it for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

I've bought a couple of these in the past.

Your phone needs to support OTG.
    I've a Xiaomi Mi5 which does support OTG and couldn't get them working with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

rgodard80a wrote: »
    I've bought a couple of these in the past.

Your phone needs to support OTG.
    I've a Xiaomi Mi5 which does support OTG and couldn't get them working with either.

Hopefully I can get it working, I have a few android phones knocking about, HTC M8 (Boxed) & huawei P9, It looks like I will have to root. https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p9lite/development/elite-otg-otg-support-nougat-rom-p9-t3701052

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Another "ooh, don't need, will never use productively, but still want" BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

€3.34 delivered, what the hell - I'm in (sometime in April probably).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does this have a light at the end of the camera? Wouldn't be a lot of use without one surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Does this have a light at the end of the camera? Wouldn't be a lot of use without one surely?

Yes. LEDs around the lens. Still, they're nowhere near as useful as you'd think they might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

It does. You can see them, small yellowish things, around the camera in the close up picture on the site. Also there is some kind of "LED adjustment" wheel indicated on the controller piece that also has the "take a picture" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

duridian wrote: »
    It does. You can see them, small yellowish things, around the camera in the close up picture on the site. Also there is some kind of "LED adjustment" wheel indicated on the controller piece that also has the "take a picture" button.

I have a 1m version of this - works with every android phone I’ve tried it on.
    Used it a few times - for car and looking inside dry walls for pipes- for less than 3.50 I’ll get this long one as well. Quality is just ok but usable. The led adjustment wheel turns down the led brightness.
    I found some free apps - What app you guys use?
    Thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I got one from gearbest a while back, works fine with moto g3. As mentioned handy for looking for wires, pipes or what I bought it for originally getting a look at virually inaccessible parts of cars like swirl flap actuators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Just ordered this https://www.gamiss.com/decorative-accents-11437/product1528841/ looked ok for $4 delivered.. spotted on hukd.

i think it's sold out, says stock less than 0. which is a strange way of saying no stock..... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

ozmo wrote: »
    I have a 1m version of this - works with every android phone I’ve tried it on.

I found some free apps - What app you guys use?

What app do you use that works ?

I've tried Android "Scopecam", didn't work. but again, could be my phone.
    I hear Xiaomi phones might be a bit dodgy on OTG support and you might need a video driver (v2l?) on your phone.

Not keen on the idea of downloading chinese Apps from random places outside of Googles playstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

so has anyone received this yet?

loyatemu wrote: »

Not here...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I got mine over a week ago I went for the 3m one

Quality isn't great but ok during the beast from east was able to put it up a water pipe and see where the ice had blocked it,
    Has paid for itself with that one job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

loyatemu wrote: »

I got mine about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Just FYI I have one works great with the otg motorolas in the house , not at all with huawei

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Just FYI I have one works great with the otg motorolas in the house , not at all with huawei

afik none of Huawei (and Honor's) have usb otg.

main reason I switch to Moto G

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Arrived today.:pac:.. Not working with phone, checked it out on Pc with Aceplayer .. Grand for $4

Arrived today.:pac:.. Not working with phone, checked it out on Pc with Aceplayer .. Grand for $4

Mine arrived today- worked with the app it came with on Android Samsung Note 4. Pic quality pretty good. Some nice accessories - magnet mirror etc. Good item.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Mine arrived friday morning also!

Worked without issue on an Galaxy Note 4 using the software they recommended on the packet - Quality is good enough.

447018.jpg

“Roll it back”

Advertisement