Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician Red seal Exam

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

hey im an electrician and is moving to Canada with my girlfriend this time next year, I know about the red seal exam i have to sit, was just wondering is it possible for me to do this exam in Ireland before i leave? if someone can give me some info would be much appreciated
    No you can't do it in Ireland the rules in each province are different so would depend where you are going as to when you can sit it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 breno69

Hi,
    just wondering say if i got offered a job as electrician with company in vancouver and i dont have red seal exam done. can i legally work for that company or do i have to appl for some sort ticket or temp cert.
    I am a fully qualified irish electrician with trade cert papers.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cianwalsh89

hey was just wondering could anyone point me in the right derection, on how to obtain a study book for the red seal exam, i know how to get the practice exam book, but finding it difficult to get the actual book to answer the questions, any help would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭pig88

breno69 wrote: »
    Hi,
    just wondering say if i got offered a job as electrician with company in vancouver and i dont have red seal exam done. can i legally work for that company or do i have to appl for some sort ticket or temp cert.
    I am a fully qualified irish electrician with trade cert papers.
    Thanks

yes you can work,Iam working on 4th year rate at the moment,its $1.60 less than what they pay journeymen

hey was just wondering could anyone point me in the right derection, on how to obtain a study book for the red seal exam, i know how to get the practice exam book, but finding it difficult to get the actual book to answer the questions, any help would be great thanks.

you can buy it here http://shop.csa.ca/en/canada/invt/27013892012%2f%3fcsa_category=internal&csa_content=landingpage-cec2012-en&csa_term=c22.1-12
    I down loaded it for free and got it printed and binded in staples,saved nearly $100,I cant remember where I downloaded it from though
    if you pm me your email address i could send you a copy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 cianwalsh89

pig88 wrote: »
    you can buy it here http://shop.csa.ca/en/canada/invt/27013892012%2f%3fcsa_category=internal&csa_content=landingpage-cec2012-en&csa_term=c22.1-12
    I down loaded it for free and got it printed and binded in staples,saved nearly $100,I cant remember where I downloaded it from though

thanks very much for d book its great, thanks again

thanks very much for d book its great, thanks again
    no problem,if you need anymore help,feel free to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

pig88 wrote: »

Hi mate, any chance ye can forward the downloaded copy on to me ........ Please please pleeeeeease.......... And thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Just a quick one for anybody who may know, I am filling the form for AIT to recognise my qualification as an electrician. Just wondering is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of info to fill in on this. It asks for you to fill in what work you carried out while with each employer in detail, did anybody actually fill all this in or has anybody got a copy they filled in i could have a look at.....Is it not enough to have a trade cert and and the required amount of months done without going through every single thing i did with the employers. seems a bit much to me.????
    As far as I was aware they now just go off your trade cert and dont look at anything else....Has anybody went through this recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Just a quick one for anybody who may know, I am filling the form for AIT to recognise my qualification as an electrician. Just wondering is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of info to fill in on this. It asks for you to fill in what work you carried out while with each employer in detail, did anybody actually fill all this in or has anybody got a copy they filled in i could have a look at.....Is it not enough to have a trade cert and and the required amount of months done without going through every single thing i did with the employers. seems a bit much to me.????
    As far as I was aware they now just go off your trade cert and dont look at anything else....Has anybody went through this recently.

You'll need to fill out the form as fully as possible. Otherwise you'll risk not getting your qualifications approved.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sunbam13

Hi, everyone.
    Just applied for my challenge exam in ITA at British Colombia. To be precised in construction electrician. I have 10,400hrs, but out of 12 tasks, I knew 8. But got 66% out of 70% and not approved. Ask to re-apply n learn one more task before l could qualified. My question is when can l apply again. Need help from experience people thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sunbam13

Hi, everyone.
    Just applied for my challenge exam in ITA at British Colombia. To be precised in construction electrician. I have 10,400hrs, but out of 12 tasks, I knew 8. But got 66% out of 70% and not approved. Ask to re-apply n learn one more task before l could qualified. My question is when can l apply again. Need help from experience people thanks.

Advertisement