Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the small pipe that sticks out of a gutter pipe

Options
  • 18-03-2019 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭

I have one of these and today I noticed it dripping water excessively. It eventually stopped. What exactly is it and is its purpose just to rid the gutters of water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Overflow from storage tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭delboythedub

Check ballcock in attic tank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Condensate pipe from gas boiler, if you have one?

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

Check ballcock in attic tank

I checked the Ballcock and its floating just above the water. The water level isnt at the very top of the tank. I noticed their is a small drip at one of the connecting points on the copper pipe in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

billyhead wrote: »
    I checked the Ballcock and its floating just above the water. The water level isnt at the very top of the tank. I noticed their is a small drip at one of the connecting points on the copper pipe in the tank.

There will be a plastic pipe running from the top of the tank outwards towards gutter height. That pipe enters the tank approx 2 inches from the top. If the water is up to this level, then that’s your problem. I’d just bend the ballcock arm to drop the level of inlet supply shut off but if you are not confident, as with all things DIY, THEN GET SOMEONE WHO IS.

The other leak is not connected to this issue but will obviously need to be fixed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement