Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert ticket hasn't come, might be stolen

Options
  • 13-03-2019 8:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

I'm going to a concert in June. I ordered hard copy tickets to be delivered. I still don't have them. I live with someone I don't trust. I have accused them of taking concert tickets before when they haven't and it was just Ticketmaster being late. But this time, I think this person may try and get revenge and take the concert tickets when they come, if they haven't already. Should I accuse them again and put a stop their behaviour before they even arrive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's way too early for June tickets to have come already. Try to choose etickets in future so you don't have this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

No. There's still plenty of time.

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Maybe you should contact ticket master and ask have the tickets been sent? Why would you accuse someone of stealing something "before they even arrive"?

For a concert in June, it is likely the tickets haven't been sent yet. Ticket master tend not to send the hard copies until closer to the concert date.

(you know this from past experience and still are determined to accuse your housemate?)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Amy_Amy wrote: »
    I'm going to a concert in June. I ordered hard copy tickets to be delivered. I still don't have them. I live with someone I don't trust. I have accused them of taking concert tickets before when they haven't and it was just Ticketmaster being late. But this time, I think this person may try and get revenge and take the concert tickets when they come, if they haven't already. Should I accuse them again and put a stop their behaviour before they even arrive?

So you accused them in the wrong before and your thinking of accusing them again?

Surely the more reasonable and rational thing to do would be to contact Ticketmaster and ask whether they've been sent out or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Just for argument sake, I’m going to assume you’re talking about some of the summer concerts In the RDS, Thats 3 months away? Any tickets I ordered from Ticketmaster didn’t arrive until 6 weeks or so before hand.

Stop their behavior? What behavior, you were completely out of order accusing them without any proof, and now you want to do it again? How would they even know the tickets were what they were without opening all your mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sounds like fairly toxic living arrangements, which probably won't end well

Contact ticketmaster, as tickets probably haven't been posted yet

To be fair, it's relatively easy to spot post from ticketmaster, without opening it

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Agree with others its way to early to expect delivery they don't send them out til closer the date. I also don't like doing e tickets because I resent paying a six euro service charge and then having to print my own tickets at home, why don't you just click collect at venue next time it takes no time at all.
    Also don't go accusing people of things you aren't sure if it's incredibly rude and aggressive

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

I ordered tickets for a concert June 14th last year and they came in the post this week.

Contact ticketmaster in a few weeks if no sign. If you report yo ticketmaster they are stolen, and you have your confirmation code and credit card they can reissue you the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Check status of tickets from TM account?? May say not yet despatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Why would your first reaction be to accuse a housemate of theft, when you've already done this before and were in the wrong?

Would your first reaction and most logical step not be to ring/contact Ticketmaster and find out if the tickets have actually been sent?

Even if sent, they could be lost in the post, delayed, delivered to the wrong address, etc. There are numerous other scenarios which can occur long before the tickets would even come near your house which could result in them going AWOL - yet the only one which lights up in your head is that of your housemate stealing them.

I'm not sure if it's paranoia, hostility or a mixture of both but if I was you I'd be looking at my behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Should I accuse them again and put a stop their behaviour before they even arrive?

What behaviour? Not stealing your tickets?

You want to accuse someone of stealing in case they decide to steal something. Go ahead and make a fool of yourself then. The only behaviour that needs to change is yours - sounds like you have some serious growing up to do.

I think it would be worth looking into getting counselling to get some help for your paranoia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

What's led you to have such suspicion of this housemate? Have they stolen from you before or otherwise behaved in a seriously untrustworthy way?

Whether they have or not, confronting them pre-emptively and warning them they better stop engaging in behaviour which they haven't yet engaged in and which you've previously falsely accused them of is not a good idea. Take a step back from that and think about how it appears from the outside.

The tickets aren't late, if you're that suspicious of your housemate there were several ways to avoid this (e tickets, click and collect, get them delivered to work), and you're now debating accusing them based on nothing. It seems to me that you're kind of itching for conflict with your housemate. Do you have to live there? Seems like a serious clash that must be stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Is there a justificatiable reason why you are so quick to blame them? You already know that you were badly mistaken blaming them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

<snip>

Mod note:

Please don't challenge the OP in the thread like that. If you have an issue, report it so the moderators can deal with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Thread locked pending moderator review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement