Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Dillashaw by Sub
    darced wrote: »
    Two poor grapplers here.

No.
    Two pretty evenly matched intermediate grapplers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Paige is way too small for that division, carrying a lot of fat and still was getting thrown around, great win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dillashaw by KO/TKO
    Broken arm?

I think she popped the shoulder out.
    I'm just going off video without sound. In the pub and boxing is volume is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A surprisingly good fight to watch. Still not convinced PVZ will ever trouble the top dogs in her division but she’s still young and she does seem eager to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

That was enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Dillashaw by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    I think she popped the shoulder out.
    I'm just going off video without sound. In the pub and boxing is volume is up.

I was just going by how quickly it happened and Paige let go. Seemed like she knew something popped/snapped. Seems like it was a pop.

Dillashaw by Sub
    Lol at Anik talking about the lads fighting for a chance to fight for the 125 belt. Shameless ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Joe Benavidez is genuinely one of the soundest guys I've ever met in any walk of life. Met him three times now and each time he's been a complete gent. Plus his Mrs is a cracker. Benavidez Abù

Dillashaw by KO/TKO
    Paige is way too small for that division, carrying a lot of fat and still was getting thrown around, great win though.

She's a 115er fighting in easier 125.
    A few wins and experience and she'll be back to 115.

Finish sequence was decent grappling, but the fight was intermediate as SM said. There was a few glaring mistakes during.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Gregor is something else, amazing. he took ONE shot, lmao! I think he and Ryan Hall ought to fight someday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

How is Hardy allowed to fight as a co-main event on a double champion headlined card? Even putting aside his questionable past, he's only 3-0. There are plenty of MMA fighters with far better records and much better reputations who deserve that spot. The WME executives who run the UFC should seriously pull Dana and the matchmakers up on these kind of decisions because it's not a good look for the company let alone a smart business move.

Hardy you fcuking idiot. Delighted for him getting DQ’ed like the joke he is.

Hope Crowder is okay though.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    How is Hardy allowed to fight as a co-main event on a double champion headlined card? Even putting aside his questionable past, he's only 3-0. There are plenty of MMA fighters with far better records and much better reputations who deserve that spot. The WME executives who run the UFC should seriously pull Dana and the matchmakers up on these kind of decisions because it's not a good look for the company let alone a smart business move.

You are psychic Jamie---think he might be done now ;)

C'mon TJ, I really hope he does this in style.

Dillashaw by KO/TKO
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Hope Crowder is okay though.

He's absolutely fine. It was a terrible knee, weak connection and Crowder milked it

He's absolutely fine. It was a terrible knee, weak connection and Crowder milked it

Jesus....

The wrestling in this could be amazing, come on TJ.

Jesus! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Dillashaw by Sub
    Early stoppage, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jumped in very quick...

• Advertisement

Total shock, and yeah seemed kinda early but I dunno.....can't believe it.

Dillashaw by KO/TKO
    Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Jesus....

If you there no was was a hard strike you need to watch more fights. The lads had no energy from 60secs. Flopping about.

Not excusing the illegal knee. Just pointing out it that there was no power behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Big shock

Definitely too early.

It was way later than the Cowboy stoppage. I don't understand this need to stop fights early, really unsatisfactory ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not sure about too early. His legs went at least twice in that exchange. The ref gave him the chance after the first fall, Henry wasn't giving him the chance to recover, that doesn't give the ref much of a choice tbh.

really unsatisfactory ending.

Amen to that, I feel so annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Cody Garbrandt beats Cejudo easily because his cut is pretty easy compared to TJs imo. Probably his best shot at setting up a rematch with TJ too but for the 125 strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Champion v champion fights have been so one sided.

Thought the ref could've given tj a bit more time but sure they are either too early or late in someones eyes and he probably would have taken extra punishment unnecessarily

• Advertisement

If you there no was was a hard strike you need to watch more fights. The lads had no energy from 60secs. Flopping about.

Not excusing the illegal knee. Just pointing out it that there was no power behind it.

Honestly I don't know if you're trolling or not or maybe drunk? I've seen it at least 20 times on twitter and it is one of the worst late strikes I've seen. It didn't actually connect with the temple but hit him close to the back of the head, which is worse. He was on one knee so had no balance to soften the blow, Hardy centred himself and stepped into it. He actually tried to grab the side of Crowders head to pull it closer to the knee.

If you're honestly going to say there was "no power" behind it then I suggest you need to stop watching fights altogether. They are Heavyweights fpr god sake it's hardly going to tickle now is it. Here have another look.

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/1086854410171498496

Advertisement