Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Yep, guys running free everywhere. Was happening to a lesser extent past two weeks but The guys up front were getting better pressure. That’s not happening today.

It’s going to be a tight game, your prediction is looking spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

OOnegative wrote: »
    It’s going to be a tight game, your prediction is looking spot on.

They need a turnover and preferably a defensive score. They won’t beat Watson in a shootout

Great drive and 2 point conversion there

Let’s go defence

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Lovely drive there to take the lead. Connor finally getting some success on the ground. 2pt conversion to take a 7 point lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

3-0 is all you can ask for.

• Advertisement

3-0 is all you can ask for.

True enough, proper challenges lay ahead though. A win is a win.

Dominated that second half really after a very worrying first two quarters. Ben really go going and the defence adjusted well to what the Texans were doing.

Great to be 3-0 heading to Tennessee next week

Dominated that second half really after a very worrying first two quarters. Ben really go going and the defence adjusted well to what the Texans were doing.

Great to be 3-0 heading to Tennessee next week

Defensive front with 5 sacks tonight, Ben looked calmness personified when it came to waxing the game. It’s a great start to the season and plenty of positives to be fair, but.....

OOnegative wrote: »
    Defensive front with 5 sacks tonight, Ben looked calmness personified when it came to waxing the game. It’s a great start to the season and plenty of positives to be fair, but.....

Yeah once they got that lead they really got after Watson. It looked like a light came on with Ben in that second half, looked way more comfortable than weeks 1 & 2. Hopefully that continues in to next week

Defense was 2nd on sacks for the week up until the late games with 5. Pressure coming from the Defensive front, secondary maybe lacking at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

opposite of last week, bad first half good second half. Slightly concerned at the defense depending on getting to the QB all the time. As good as the personnel are, doing the same thing all the time will be figured out by a good OL - Dallas maybe? Watson had no WR weapons and still marched up fairly easily for 21 points.

No turnover on offense. First time since the Panthers game midway through 2018:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

I don't mind the def getting blown out in the 1st half as long as they tighten up in the 2nd. The DLB def used to do that all the time and edge a victory. The 3-0 is a bit flattering but I'd rather be 3 up against poor teams than 3 down against good ones.

Titans have eight confirmed positive tests so you’d have to imagine Sunday is off. Early talk is that week 4 will become the Steelers/Titans bye week and games will be moved around later to compensate. That’s a long way from ideal it that’s the case. The team is building a bit of momentum and the last thing they need now is a week off followed by 13 games back to back.

That said, I am sure the Titans won’t be the last team to have an outbreak so the fixture chaos is probably going to hit everyone.

If it's just the three players as reported, there's a chance they will push on with the game. Also possibly affect the Vikings/Texans and you never know, Steelers' subsequent games if it goes ahead.

I think it'll take a few more positives to force them to postpone it. Huge distraction and concern.

Postponed on Sunday now, it might be Monday or Tuesday or the Eagles game might start to be moved...

The opening three games had gone unnoticed/under the radar in the media spotlight, now it's a soap opera again. The Seahawks touchback at the weekend brought back bad memories of another early season dumpster fire with the protest, fumbled punt that cost Rogers his Steelers spot and half time play in Chicago.

Guess that give them an extra day for testing. Monday would not be too bad, and they are both at home the following week. I wonder if a few more Tennessee players go down this week will it change again.

Presumably it’ll be a 7pm or 8pm ET start Mon / Tues which is a pain for us, I love the Sunday 1pm and 4pm games.

Eagles on Sunday. Not a team that the Steelers have faced well recently, Fletcher Cox destroyed Ben in the last game in Philadelphia.

A real test for where the OL is in this one I think.

Eagles are down to scrubs at receiver and their OLine is in tatters so they will probably struggle to get points on the board. If Pittsburgh keep them below or at 20 they should be ok.

Cox is awesome and its Javon Hargrave’s homecoming, they have a good defensive line that will certainly test the Steelers OLine. Delighted with how Chuks is playing there btw, looks like a long term solution at one of the tackle spots, he has been up against Chubb and JJ Watt already this season and has done really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,560 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Eagles are down to scrubs at receiver and their OLine is in tatters so they will probably struggle to get points on the board. If Pittsburgh keep them below or at 20 they should be ok.

Cox is awesome and its Javon Hargrave’s homecoming, they have a good defensive line that will certainly test the Steelers OLine. Delighted with how Chuks is playing there btw, looks like a long term solution at one of the tackle spots, he has been up against Chubb and JJ Watt already this season and has done really well.

First part is accurate but the Oline isn’t in tatters.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    First part is accurate but the Oline isn’t in tatters.

Hey itssoeasy, my mistake. I thought the Eagles had a couple of injuries there too, I know Brooks is gone for the season. It really is stunning how much bad luck they have had with injuries since that Super Bowl win.

I think this might be a low scoring ‘grind it out’ type game. Steelers definitely have the advantage on paper but you just never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,560 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hey itssoeasy, my mistake. I thought the Eagles had a couple of injuries there too, I know Brooks is gone for the season. It really is stunning how much bad luck they have had with injuries since that Super Bowl win.

I think this might be a low scoring ‘grind it out’ type game. Steelers definitely have the advantage on paper but you just never know.

Well just to be clear the Oline isn’t what it once was but lane Johnson is good to go and Jason kelce is still there. We have some rookies but they are talented if given time to play together. They played well against the niners.

Great drive and TD there, Claypool got the carry and TD

Claypool TD, he can do it all

Claypool TD, he can do it all

Jaysus he is tearing it up, Ben going to him a lot

defense doing ok, but two big plays crucial - a 74 yd untouched run and roughing passer penalty and missed sack lads to two TDs and 14-14

Ben's accuarcy still an issue

Too easy for the Eagles, defence has stepped up during second half recently so let’s see what happens in second half.

7-9 on third down conversion for the Eagles, some very long.

How are there no offensive holds being called on Philly? Nuts what they are getting away with

They might want to think about doubling Fulgham at some point

• Advertisement

Up three scores and they let the Eagles drive down the field for two TD’s virtually unopposed. Seat of the pants finish now, need to score on this drive

Advertisement