Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

whodafunk wrote: »
    The old passport generally will have a cut through when you receive the new one so it will be invalid

Exactly. They'll cut it (usually corners on the cover - very obvious) so it is damaged, and it'll also be stamped as cancelled across the photo page and the first few pages either end. Quite simply it'll be so clear you shouldn't be using it, that you'll just need to use the new one. After all, that's what it's for!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you renew online for example you don't send in your old passport so cuts not relevant.

As soon as a new passport is issued the old one becomes invalid.

If you renew online for example you don't send in your old passport so cuts not relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Thanks guys, I suspected that was the case just wanted confirmation

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We've been waiting a month for our daughters first passport. I've been a month without mine as a result. Anyone elses bog slow too?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We've been waiting a month for our daughters first passport. I've been a month without mine as a result. Anyone elses bog slow too?

First passports always take longer than a renewal. Extra security checks, even for babies.

First passports always take longer than a renewal. Extra security checks, even for babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lisamuire22

Hi

So I sent my daughters first passport application off in feb. I wasn’t aware that it takes longer because we now live in Northern Ireland. It’s only just saying processing when I track it and says estimated issue date 17th April her school trip to Paris is on 9th April. We have been living in Northern Ireland for a year would she qualify for a British passport

Hi

So I sent my daughters first passport application off in feb. I wasn’t aware that it takes longer because we now live in Northern Ireland. It’s only just saying processing when I track it and says estimated issue date 17th April her school trip to Paris is on 9th April. We have been living in Northern Ireland for a year would she qualify for a British passport

Hi

• Advertisement

Hi

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭josip

Hi

Get in contact with them (phone) and explain your situation.
    We have found them to be willing to help if possible.

Hi

Hi

Hi

I was told they put note of travel on it and to ring next week for an update. Have I just been fobbed off

I was told they put note of travel on it and to ring next week for an update. Have I just been fobbed off

• Advertisement

Perhaps, perhaps not.
    Call first thing Monday :)

Advertisement