Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another erasmus thread - Spain!

Options
  • 07-12-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm looking to go on erasmus next year in Spain - my choices are Zaragoza on the mainland and Laguna in Tenerife.

I'm learning Spanish, but I don't think that I will have the level to understand a lecture delivered in that language in time.

What kind of language expectation do erasmus colleges have of their wards? What kind of support do they offer? The University of Reykjavik actually teach some courses entirely in English, so I guess other places do to...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ruffles

I studied in Alcala de Henares (Comunidad de Madrid) back in 2000, i had only 2 years of spanish at this stage in DCU and yes all the lectures were in Spanish and were 2 hours long and we were in with final year students. We did have advanced spanish classes and yes the lectures were tough, we gave up on them after a while and just studied the notes and we got no special treatment . In addition i had to do a dissertation in spanish and 1 in English which were tough as the libraries were very limited. Saying that other class mates went to different colleges and it was not so tough but if you put in the work and knuckle down you will be ok, get the notes for all lectures don't rely on your own and learn these off by heart. Go to all your language classes thats v imprtant. Apart from that travel around a bit and get the feel for the culture and you won't want to come home!

Advertisement