Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to charge?

• 22-11-2019 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I have a 4 acre field that has about an acre and a half of natural woodland that was planted about 6 year ago. The field has only been grazed twice in the near 10 years I own it. I have it fenced for sheep and it has water on site plumbed to a trough from previous owner. It is quite over grown and I figure it would be suitable for winter grazing for sheep. It is a dry field and has plenty of shelter. I'm thinking of leasing it for sheep only until the end of January and perhaps February considering it's late in the year. I have no experience of leasing out land so I am wondering how much should I charge.... any info would be appreciated.

EDIT: Last time it was grazed was Nov 17 to end of Feb 18, topped it after that and has had nearly 9 mths growth... never had fertilizer on it.. The 2 times I let it be grazed by sheep was for free for a friend of mine who carried out work for me and wouldn't take payment and he was doing me a favour keeping it ate down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

Not worth anything, would be more value in feeding straw to sheep, someone would be doing you a favour grazing it

Advertisement