Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Pick Up

Options
  • 15-06-2019 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I will be collecting someone from Dublin airport tomorrow morning from Terminal 1. Had a look at the parking page of the airport website and it says parking is €3 for the first hour and €4.50 for each additional hour. It also says to book online to get the best rates. But when I do that it's coming back with a price of about €30 for my 1 hour of parking. Am I best just to arrive and pay on the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi,
    I will be collecting someone from Dublin airport tomorrow morning from Terminal 1. Had a look at the parking page of the airport website and it says parking is €3 for the first hour and €4.50 for each additional hour. It also says to book online to get the best rates. But when I do that it's coming back with a price of about €30 for my 1 hour of parking. Am I best just to arrive and pay on the day?
    Just park in the Alsaa swimming pool car park, go in and get a coffee and get the person to walk 150m over to meet you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As above, or for Terminal One, I get people who arrive to go up to the departures floor, come out at the door near the Ryanair desks and text me when they are ready and waiting. Swoop in, pick up and away. Cost 0.

Or you could arrive and pay. It's tricky to get out within the hour though.
    Use Flightradar to see when the plane arrives and aim to arrive at the airport 10-20 minutes after that.
    By the time you get into arrivals to meet them and they do the huge hoof from the gates in Dublin, plus passport control, you should arrive not too far apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So booking would be for long term to save, as above great tips as I've done many times, go to departures pull in pick up and go but be prepared to move as you can't wait so just go back around....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hi,

The online booking is geared towards those travelling, not for very short visits. You can book the short term car park for several days if you fancy some open wallet surgery. Long term car parks are much more reasonable.

Just rock up and fork out the €3, I do it regularly. You can use Flightradar24 to track the inbound flight. Aim to be parking the car about 15 mins after landing to meet whoever you're meeting.
    spurious wrote: »
    As above, or for Terminal One, I get people who arrive to go up to the departures floor, come out at the door near the Ryanair desks and text me when they are ready and waiting. Swoop in, pick up and away. Cost 0.

Please don't do this. These areas are for set down for people actually departing on flights with luggage etc. They are limited on space by nature and people sitting and waiting on them to avoid paying €3 is extremely unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

sdanseo wrote: »
    The online booking is geared towards those travelling, not for very short visits. You can book the short term car park for several days if you fancy some open wallet surgery. Long term car parks are much more reasonable.

Just rock up and fork out the €3, I do it regularly. You can use Flightradar24 to track the inbound flight. Aim to be parking the car about 15 mins after landing to meet whoever you're meeting.

Please don't do this. These areas are for set down for people actually departing on flights with luggage etc. They are limited on space by nature and people sitting and waiting on them to avoid paying €3 is extremely unfair.

None said sit and wait.....

I would pull up fill car and go.... Exactly as a taxi would...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sdanseo wrote: »

My pick up spot is about 60 metres past where people go in with their bags. I do not wait. It bothers nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

spurious wrote: »
    My pick up spot is about 60 metres past where people go in with their bags. I do not wait. It bothers nobody.

I do the same

Advertisement