Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend away with special needs child

• 13-06-2019 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My friends with down syndrome child would like to get a weekend away somewhere in Ireland max 2h drive away from Dublin.

Have you got any ideas that could suits "their needs"

I was thinking about a hotel with swimming pool aka aqua-park, maybe something with animals involved (Fota Park?).

Something that could bring a smile on a child face and let parents relax a little bit.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Amber Springs in Gorey is a great hotel for families although it can be expensive.

Soft play area & kids club, playground, petting zoo, crazy golf, swimming pool. Bar serves decent food & there's a pizzeria at the back IIRC.

Walking distance from the town with Tesco & Dunnes nearby. Plenty of beaches in the area & Courtown is a short drive away.

The Talbot in Carlow is another decent family hotel with a pool. There's a Leisureplex type place close by & I think you get discounted rates as hotel guests. There was a farm/zoo not too far a drive from the hotel which our youngest really enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Fota Island resort is much further than 2 hours drive. Poster above suggestions looks good. Wexford is also nice and not too far from Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

The New Park in Kilkenny is great for all kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Thank you all.

Will pass those ideas.

Much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Greg81 wrote: »
    Hello,

My friends with down syndrome child would like to get a weekend away somewhere in Ireland max 2h drive away from Dublin.

Have you got any ideas that could suits "their needs"

I was thinking about a hotel with swimming pool aka aqua-park, maybe something with animals involved (Fota Park?).

Something that could bring a smile on a child face and let parents relax a little bit.

Thank you

My wife is just back from 5 days in Youghal with our son with special needs. It just over 2 hours drive from Red cow roundabout. They went as part of a special needs youth group and some were in hotel and some apartments. The Quality hotel is the name of the place. There was plenty to do. Fota is a short drive as is Ballycotton and a few other nice beachs. There is an aqua centre but they didnt use it as activities and trips were organised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement