Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Summer Schedule Release

Options
  • 28-05-2019 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

When do AL release their Summer Schedule for the following year?

I know Flights can only be booked 330 days in advance. But do AL release all the Flights 330 days before departure ? Or do they release them in batches depending on destination ?

Specifically looking at Flights to/from Italy for June & July 2020. Accommodation already booked. Dates not flexible.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

SusanC10 wrote: »
    When do AL release their Summer Schedule for the following year?

I know Flights can only be booked 330 days in advance. But do AL release all the Flights 330 days before departure ? Or do they release them in batches depending on destination ?

Specifically looking at Flights to/from Italy for June & July 2020. Accommodation already booked. Dates not flexible.

Thanks in advance.

You should see something in Sept/Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

You should see something in Sept/Oct

We are looking at flying into Verona or Bologna or Milan (depending on price) so really trying to figure out if AL release all of these destinations at the same time for the same Dates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hard to know or if anyone can answer that.

I would say look at this year prices go from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

330 days from now would be April 23, 2020.

On the Aer Lingus website right now, the latest date on which you can book any flight any destination is exactly that date – April 23, 2020.

So, it seems all flights to all destinations are released exactly 330 days in advance all right.

But as somebody said above, current prices for the same dates this year should give you a fair idea of what the prices are likely to be for next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Bear in mind that schedules can and often do change from when they are first released for sale and when the schedules are finalised which is usually 4-5 months prior to implementation (timetables change between winter and summer and v.v. on the weekends that the clocks change in March and October).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'm looking at Aer Lingus for flights next June, at the moment their website allows you to book 330 days from now

So when the time comes to 330days from the day we depart we should in theory be able to book the outbound flight but not the return flight
    As we are planning on going for 2 weeks I am assuming the return flights would then be available 2 weeks later on their website

However, I'm thinking if I wait for 2 weeks to book both the outbound & return legs, the outbound leg prices will have gone up as seats will have been sold for example by people maybe travelling for 1 week (they would have booked their both legs by then)

So what I was thinking was to book the outbound when it becomes available as a One Way and then the Return leg 2 weeks later

Does anyone know does the price stay the same with Aer Lingus if you book them both separately or do you pay less when you both flights at same time?

Taxes and all that should be the same I presume, what other charges come into play? I seen on a recent flight I booked there was a €64 admin fee for 4 people. Is this a set price per booking or is it per flight?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Prices won't change, few people book holidays that far out. Generally what happens is prices actually fall from when they are released and go up again closer to the time.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Prices won't change, few people book holidays that far out. Generally what happens is prices actually fall from when they are released and go up again closer to the time.

Interesting, I've never actually seen them fall after being released for popular destinations
    They usually just go up from the date of release and as the seats fill up

Accommodation is already provisionally booked so just want to have flights sorted as soon as available and can park it for 9 months until the balance of accommodation needs paying

We are planning to fly to Italy next June and return in July. Aer Lingus have released the June Flights so we have booked the outward leg. But now they have not released the July Flights even though they are within the 330 day window.

We are planning to fly to Italy next June and return in July. Aer Lingus have released the June Flights so we have booked the outward leg. But now they have not released the July Flights even though they are within the 330 day window.

that's handy

still waiting on the Fuerteventura flight schedule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The 330 day window is the earliest flights will be loaded, some routes (especially some in particular, eg sun routes ex Shannon), aren't bookable immediately, and are loaded into the system later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'm still waiting on the lanzarote ones late June, it shows prices for them but when you click into it, it says "oops, we don't have flights for the chosen dates"

Contacted Aer Lingus on FB and got 2 different answers - one saying early Sept for release of remaining Summer Schedule for Italian routes and one saying that they don't know and it could be anytime up until January. So who knows ?!

Contacted Aer Lingus on FB and got 2 different answers - one saying early Sept for release of remaining Summer Schedule for Italian routes and one saying that they don't know and it could be anytime up until January. So who knows ?!

I'm still waiting on the July 2020 ones for lanzarote.. this is the reply I got...

"Hi, at this time, the schedule for the time you wish to travel has not been released. Once a schedule has been established, it will become available for sale shortly thereafter. At this time, we do not have a defined date for when this will become available. Our transatlantic routes are usually available for booking eleven months in advance, as our many of our more established European routes (such as London to Dublin). However, some European destinations may not be available for sale until six to eight months in advance."

I'm guessing it will be released 1st September, but I will keep checking each day

ya I'm checking every few days, will update when they become available for the route I'm after

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ya I'm checking every few days, will update when they become available for the route I'm after

July ones for lanzarote have been released today !

michellie wrote: »
    July ones for lanzarote have been released today !

Thank you!
    Had a look now and Italy out too.

Fuerteventura still not available

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Im looking at booking 6/8 flights to Faro for a wedding next June...would anyone know when best time might be to book in terms of price? Would have thought Nov or Jan but was wondering if anyone had any experience?

Went through Faro this summer
    Booked the flights as soon as they were released and they never got any cheaper over the months
    Only went one way which was up
    If they are available now I’d be inclined to book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know if there was ever an examination done into flight bookings ie cheapest time to book, how far in advance etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know if there was ever an examination done into flight bookings ie cheapest time to book, how far in advance etc etc?
    It varies on whether it is long or short haul, different airlines have different pricing models.
    There have been several investigations of when is the cheapest time to book, there are too many variables to give a general answer.

I have noticed Ryanair and Aer Lingus have monopoly airports, where only one of them fly, the prices rarely decrease for peak summer time ie EI into Verona. FR into Girona
    However where they compete with each other and other airlines prices fluctuate ie Dublin-Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭juno10353

Be careful when booking wheelchairs
    My friend was due to fly to Lanzarote with Aer Llingus on 10th Sept for 7 days. Own customised wheelchair. 168 kg. Yesterday told weight restriction and has now had to cancel holiday. Surely she should have had option of weight increase payment etc. NOT ACCEPTABLE. DISCRIMINATION

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

juno10353 wrote: »
    Be careful when booking wheelchairs
    My friend was due to fly to Lanzarote with Aer Llingus on 10th Sept for 7 days. Own customised wheelchair. 168 kg. Yesterday told weight restriction and has now had to cancel holiday. Surely she should have had option of weight increase payment etc. NOT ACCEPTABLE. DISCRIMINATION

Ok, now you’re just coming off as a crackpot ranting. Keep it to one thread.

Advertisement