Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Istanbul, Turkey: Recommend best deals

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

At this late point Id say the only way you'll do it 'cheap' is via a 7 day package holiday to Turkey and then fly or bus to Istanbul for a few nights in the middle. Its peak summer holidays now so you're not going to get cheap flights at the last minute, instead they will be getting more expensive by the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks a million. I have sent them an email now to get details about the flight.

Can I use this Alanya deal and instead of check in at their hotel, go straight to Istanbul? This way it will cost 230 euros per person, which is a huge bargain. But if there are like over 2 stops and taking over 12 hours each way then would have to think about it.

If I am unsuccessful to find a cheap deal, then might just book direct flight from Dub to Istanbul, its costing 450 euros per person at the moment for return. And book a hotel separately which will cost 3-400 euros for 7 days.
    th283 wrote: »
    Holiday discount center have last minute deals to Alanya in turkey at the end of June for €177 flights and hotel. There are 5 flights a day from there to Istanbul for less than €50 return. You could use the hotel in Alanya as your base and fly down to Istanbul for a few days

https://m.holidaydiscountcentre.ie/resultsv2.php?sun_destination=ADB,AYT,BJV,DLM&departure_airport=DUB&departure_date=2019-06-26&flexibility=0&duration=7&board=SC&stars=0&dosearch=1&st=1&sn=homepage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Thanks a million. I have sent them an email now to get details about the flight.

Can I use this Alanya deal and instead of check in at their hotel, go straight to Istanbul? This way it will cost 230 euros per person, which is a huge bargain. But if there are like over 2 stops and taking over 12 hours each way then would have to think about it.

If I am unsuccessful to find a cheap deal, then might just book direct flight from Dub to Istanbul, its costing 450 euros per person at the moment for return. And book a hotel separately which will cost 3-400 euros for 7 days.

Looking at google flights there are no direct flights between Dublin and Alanya, the majority of the flights are actually through Istanbul, you could book it and not take the connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

There would be a danger in not taking the connection, in that the airline could cancel the entire reservation.

There are 2 airports in Istanbul, IST which is the new main airport and SAW which handles mostly internal flights.

You would be ultimately landing at Antalya with bus transfer to the hotel. You could easily forgo the hotel check in without consequences to the flights. Internal flights to Istanbul are small money. Otherwise it is a 12 hour bus journey for €25 a head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Istanbul is a great city but I think spending 7 days there is a bit much, you would run out of things to see/do after 4 days max. I think you'd be better off spending the first two nights in the holiday resort, enjoy the pool, relaxation, etc then go to Istanbul for 4 days/3 nights before going back to the resort for the final night and flying home the next day.

That would be the wisest move and would not alert the holiday company/transporting airline to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

please dont go to Ankara. boring city. Theres a saying in Turkish about Ankara which translates 'the best thing about Ankara is its road to Istanbul' .

Turkey trip has started to look complicated at this stage.

And I am wondering if anyone is aware of 7 days holiday deal for Maldives? Our max budget is 2000 euros inclusive of flight + hotel for 2 persons.

Thanks everyone

What's complicated?

Time to go to your high street travel agent with you and ask them. Maldives is made for travel agents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

What's complicated?

Time to go to your high street travel agent with you and ask them. Maldives is made for travel agents.

Yeah,at 2k,I'd be going to the travel agent now before the mrs drags you to the sales next week on your week off and buys a sofa and kitchen table and chairs with it :D

So I have a good news:

TICKETS BOOKED FOR ISTANBUL NEXT WEEK :-)

Direct flight via Turkish Airlines. Paid 820e for 2 persons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

They're a good airline
    You'll have a TV on your seat with loads of movies and TV shows
    Don't forget to spend that day on the waterfront in the four seasons Bosphorus

Yes I do remember that.
    While checking out hotels in city centre, the price for Four seasons is 700 euros a night :D looks like even a drink is going to be 50 euros.
    Mortelaro wrote: »
    They're a good airline
    You'll have a TV on your seat with loads of movies and TV shows
    Don't forget to spend that day on the waterfront in the four seasons Bosphorus

Advertisement