Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I'd say you're relieved now. How long were you in for? 45mins?

Very relieved that it's over. It was about 30 minutes. I was expecting it to go over time but they concluded fairly quickly, no idea if thats a good thing or a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BonnieB

sadista wrote: »
    Very relieved that it's over. It was about 30 minutes. I was expecting it to go over time but they concluded fairly quickly, no idea if thats a good thing or a bad thing!

Well done, I am sure you did great.!
    Would you mind me asking what time your interview was at?
    Was there any trick questions?

BonnieB wrote: »
    Well done, I am sure you did great.!
    Would you mind me asking what time your interview was at?
    Was there any trick questions?

Nothing out of the ordinary, just have extra examples prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Hey,

Just curious as to how many were on the interview panel, what ages etc.
    Have the ultimate fear

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

Realinement is I think he means all so's are now eo's, traditionally so's were internal promotions with staff management responsibilities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

doc22 wrote: »
    Realinement  is I think he  means all so's are now eo's, traditionally so's were internal promotions with staff management responsibilities
    While that is true, no realignemnt is a complete restructuring of Revenue and how its functions are dealt with, currently is region based but going forward that model will be replaced and from an audit perspective it will be based on the size of the trader.

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Hey,

Just curious as to how many were on the interview panel, what ages etc.
    Have the ultimate fear

Three on the panel, two ladies one man, all late 40's or above.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

Would someone mind giving me directions to the interview of ice from the quays, Google just isn't helping !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BonnieB

asd1 wrote: »
    Would someone mind giving me directions to the interview of ice from the quays, Google just isn't helping !

Hi, if you put in the following coordinates to google maps it will bring you straight to the entrance, (Sorry I am not aloud post a link)??
    You enter through an arch and take the first right after the reception hut.
    Keep walking up that lane and you will see a Revenue sign outside a building on your right.

53°20'32.7"N 6°16'06.6"W

I hope that helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

BonnieB wrote: »
    Hi, if you put in the following coordinates to google maps it will bring you straight to the entrance, (Sorry I am not aloud post a link)??
    You enter through an arch and take the first right after the reception hut.
    Keep walking up that lane and you will see a Revenue sign outside a building on your right.

53°20'32.7"N 6°16'06.6"W

I hope that helps!!

Brilliant thanks ! Had visions of me wandering around courtyards and alleyways 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ElliotM1811

I completed an interview last week and was chosen (at random) to complete the online assessment again, under supervision - the assessment is identical to the format of the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

I completed an interview last week and was chosen (at random) to complete the online assessment again, under supervision - the assessment is identical to the format of the previous one.

Grand. Least I know it's not etray. Did they stick religiously to the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ElliotM1811

Yes, with the very odd additional question thrown in but still in relation to the application and your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Has anyone found out/enquired as to when its likely the interview results will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 al67

BJG524 wrote: »
    Has anyone found out/enquired as to when its likely the interview results will be out?

They said towards the end of October as they're interviewing until the middle of next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭shawki

Had mine today. It was tough enough but I’m happy with how it went.

I’d give it 50\50 whether or not I passed it.

shawki wrote: »
    Had mine today. It was tough enough but I’m happy with how it went.

I’d give it 50\50 whether or not I passed it.

Had mine today. Was ok. I was chosen to do the aptitude test again. Same format but I thought it was a bit harder, then again I was bamboozled from interview, and tired. They stuck to the form and asked for a few extra examples. End October for results

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BreezyB

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Had mine today. Was ok. I was chosen to do the aptitude test again. Same format but I thought it was a bit harder, then again I was bamboozled from interview, and tired. They stuck to the form and asked for a few extra examples. End October for results

Do you mind me asking if there were any technical questions? Anything about your knowledge of Tax or Audits etc.? Thanks

BreezyB wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking if there were any technical questions? Anything about your knowledge of Tax or Audits etc.? Thanks

Audits. Just the types they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi All,

I have set up a new thread for any one interested:

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057913020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Shivm1984

Have the finished calling people for interview?? I'm still waiting with fingers crossed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Shivm1984 wrote: »
    Have the finished calling people for interview?? I'm still waiting with fingers crossed :(

I'd say that'll be down to how many people that fail the interview. 55% in each competency is high enough to pass. Not to mention the random retests that'll surely catch some people out.

Had the interview today and it was very difficult, I was expecting it to be tough but I felt disheartened after.
    It all seems like a blur, but they asked about upcoming changes within revenue, what audits are, what other areas of compliance are.

Had the interview today and it was very difficult, I was expecting it to be tough but I felt disheartened after.
    It all seems like a blur, but they asked about upcoming changes within revenue, what audits are, what other areas of compliance are.

As long as you didn't take the drink of water you'll be fine. It was a test. :P

As long as you didn't take the drink of water you'll be fine. It was a test. :P

Ah here I’d say I finished the glass : L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Hey folks.

I work as a tax consultant and im interested in applying for the role in Revenue.

I meet the requirements for having the minimum qualification.

Just wondering about salary. I haven't read the information booklet but am I correct in saying the entry level salary is in or around 31k or how does it work?

Thanks

crebel81 wrote: »
    Hey folks.

I work as a tax consultant and im interested in applying for the role in Revenue.

I meet the requirements for having the minimum qualification.

Just wondering about salary. I haven't read the information booklet but am I correct in saying the entry level salary is in or around 31k or how does it work?

Thanks

That's the Administrative Officer campaign see post #171 above for a link to that Thread.

But yes, 31k and don't even think about applying without reading the information booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 snowden

You need to contact them if you haven't heard yet

Were you in the top 300 OOM?
    __

Just remembered sorry, I emailed them a few weeks back they said the first 300 OOM were called to interview.

There will be another (smaller) batch called in January so you will be the next in line to be called then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Shivm1984

Were you in the top 300 OOM?
    __

Just remembered sorry, I emailed them a few weeks back they said the first 300 OOM were called to interview.

There will be another (smaller) batch called in January so you will be the next in line to be called then.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that, it has given me a bit of hope for January. No i wasn't in the top 300.

linpoo wrote: »
    Results are out!!!

Results for what? The interview?

EO Dublin 2018 is out, stage 1 results, not the audit one they currently interviewing fir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

That's the Administrative Officer campaign see post #171 above for a link to that Thread.

But yes, 31k and don't even think about applying without reading the information booklet.

Sorry guys but 31k? Regardless of experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

crebel81 wrote: »
    Sorry guys but 31k? Regardless of experience?

Yep that's the starting wage for AO, unless you're already in the civil service

I'd say that'll be down to how many people that fail the interview. 55% in each competency is high enough to pass. Not to mention the random retests that'll surely catch some people out.

Would 55% per competency be considered a high pass rate?

I'm in a multinational, and our competency based interviews are 4 x 45 mins with an 85% pass rate

Mines on Tuesday, I'm so relaxed now I know I'll spill coffee on myself on the train on the way up or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

Had my interview yesterday. It was tough but I feel it went ok. I am currently full of the cold so that didn't help as I was very wooley headed. It's hard to tell, there was no reading the panel, they were very stoney faced. Time will tell. Best of luck everyone.
    I asked them about the training course. There is 2. One is a 13 week refresher course for some people who are already qualified. The other is a 2 year course. Which course you do depends on your skill gap.

I had mine yesterday too! Same it was hard to read them although, I know there's two panels for this competition so mine were probably different, they were unsettlingly friendly.

So I've either done well, or so badly they got a great laugh off me :P

I didn't spill coffee down my top either so great success

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    I had mine yesterday too! Same it was hard to read them although, I know there's two panels for this competition so mine were probably different, they were unsettlingly friendly.

So I've either done well, or so badly they got a great laugh off me :P

I didn't spill coffee down my top either so great success

Using just initals, who was your board?

Are the interviews still going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Are the interviews still going on?

I know there are people with interview date of 12th October so they will be go on until then at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Daisymoo91

This has to be the most drawn out process ever. So sick of this waiting 😢

Daisymoo91 wrote: »
    This has to be the most drawn out process ever. So sick of this waiting 😢

Today appears to be the last day of interviews. 2 panels interviewing as well to be fair. They have a lot to get through.

Today appears to be the last day of interviews. 2 panels interviewing as well to be fair. They have a lot to get through.

Anyone else so drained from the wait?
    Either way I’d just like to know
    Surely it’s a simple enough process initially after interview, pass or fail and they’d know that once the scores are added

It’s not like private sector based on vibe / office politics etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Anyone else so drained from the wait?
    Either way I’d just like to know
    Surely it’s a simple enough process initially after interview, pass or fail and they’d know that once the scores are added

It’s not like private sector based on vibe / office politics etc

But if the interviews are still ongoing how can they tell you where you placed on a panel. That wouldn't be fair on the candidates that come after you as they could score higher

I think you should hear near the end of the month roughly based on previous campaigns.

Not necessarily place on the panel but just pass or fail with further updates to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BuddyM

In my interview they asked a couple of questions about management, what you would do as a manager etc.. I was sure I read somewhere that an EO in revenue does not have staff reporting to them. Was anyone else asked these type of questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I was based in Revenue until recently and all EO's in the PAYE section had at least 6 CO's reporting to them.

BuddyM wrote: »
    In my interview they asked a couple of questions about management, what you would do as a manager etc.. I was sure I read somewhere that an EO in revenue does not have staff reporting to them. Was anyone else asked these type of questions?

No revenue EO's do have staff.

Technically all EO's are people manager even if they don't have staff assigned to them straight away.

From what I've been told EO's in Audit and Compliance usually don't have staff but that doesn't mean you'll never have staff assigned to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hacka27

Did anyone actually sit supervised tests or was that just to put people off if someone else sat their online ones?

• Advertisement
Advertisement