Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Options
  • 25-07-2018 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I couldnt find a thread for this campaign so Ive started one.
    How did people find the psychometric tests? I thought they were brutal, in particular the verbal reasoning. I didn't get it finished, I don't think I actually made it half way through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Hi Sibil2000,
    I also did the tests last week and found them very difficult, barely got to half way for first two tests, finished the last one so I'm hoping that might pull me through!
    Have you any idea when we will hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

upset12 wrote: »
    Hi Sibil2000,
    I also did the tests last week and found them very difficult, barely got to half way for first two tests, finished the last one so I'm hoping that might pull me through!
    Have you any idea when we will hear back?

Hi, same as myself so. I had kinda re-signed myself to the scrap heap but Ive heard a few people saying that they found them brutal also do maybe not.
    Ive no idea when we will.get the results. From reading about prior years tjey seemed to start interviewing early September but I don't think they had the online assessments. Im going with around 2 weeks so hopefully next week and I will be out of my misery.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BerKK

I found it brutal also but just got an email to say I got through to the next round. I'm number 226... is that a good or bad number to be I wonder? Never applied for public job in the past.

BerKK wrote: »
    I found it brutal also but just got an email to say I got through to the next round. I'm number 226... is that a good or bad number to be I wonder? Never applied for public job in the past.

Not as Brutal as me. Just got the email. Got through. No 260. Im assuming that's for the whole Country. Don't know if they are separating it out to panels for each county or what is happening. At least I got through. Keep the fingers crossed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

69 on order of merit. Found the tests really difficult so happy with that. The Crime and Policing Analyst though is the one that I would be really interested in but would like this also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BerKK

69 on order of merit. Found the tests really difficult so happy with that. The Crime and Policing Analyst though is the one that I would be really interested in but would like this also.

Wow...well done!!! Do you know what's taken in to account for the order of merit and what it means? What I mean...is it your place overall or just for the area you applied? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Check you Barryos1505, well done. The Crime and Policing one looks really interesting, good luck with that I'd have loved to apply but I couldn't commit to the five weeks residential

279 on order of merit but considering I'd convinced myself I'd failed I'm delighted to get to the next part!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Does anyone have any idea how many are going to be called in the first batch for the next stage?

BerKK wrote: »
    Wow...well done!!! Do you know what's taken in to account for the order of merit and what it means? What I mean...is it your place overall or just for the area you applied? Thanks

Im going with its your place overall. I thought they would issue the results based on locations selected and set the panels up from there but it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Id imagine that is overall, hopefully anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

It should say in some of the emails that you may have the same number as others. This may mean there are regional panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

218 here, whats the highest order number so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Unfortunately I missed out on this one, am waiting on feedback on the test. Getting frustrated as I've applied to loads & not getting anywhere... I've got to interview & e tray stage for EO & failed the E tray by 8 points!! i'll keep trying tho.. hopefully my time will come soon!

Best of luck to every1 that go through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BreezyB

I got through but don't know if I even have a chance as it's pretty high...227. Wonder how many are through and how many positions there are.

I got a reply from Revenue. After people are called to interview they will be placed on panels according to location preference. So maybe us late 200 could still be in with a chance. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wglgsgeg2018

I didn't get through. I got feedback listed below. They couldn't tell me the overall score that I needed to get to progress. I got 8 out of 10 correct on logical. 11 out of 19 on verbal and 13 out of 22 on numerical. Can anyone who got through share there scores please tks

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

I didn't get through. I got feedback listed below. They couldn't tell me the overall score that I needed to get to progress. I got 8 out of 10 correct on logical. 11 out of 19 on verbal and 13 out of 22 on numerical. Can anyone who got through share there scores please tks

There was a lot more questions in the test than that.

The first two were around the 40 mark and the last one was 12 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I don't think anyone who passed got their scores. They only got their OOM. Only the folk who failed and requested info on how got told I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wglgsgeg2018

shawki wrote: »
    There was a lot more questions in the test than that.

The first two were around the 40 mark and the last one was 12 I think.

Yea i know I just listed the ones I got right out of the ones I answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BreezyB

I didn't have any results on my e mail. Just that I passed and my number. Think I'm prob too high though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

Will we be issued a new number for the panel after the interview as some people may not attend/pass the interview.

Currently in the 140s for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

shawki wrote: »
    Will we be issued a new number for the panel after the interview as some people may not attend/pass the interview.

Currently in the 140s for Cork.

I read on last years thread that after interview people were given a panel number, different to the OOM we have now.

from talking to other people there was about 450 people passed the assessments and will be interviewed in September.

Also, the OOM is nationally not just your preferred location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Was this open or interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

When was this advertised?

cw67irl wrote: »
    Was this open or interdepartmental?

This is an open competition ran by Revenue "EO - Tax, Audit and Compliance"

august12 wrote: »
    When was this advertised?

It was advertised back in May/June on the Revenue website and, i think, publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

You obviously needed a degree in finance so,

Ah ok so clerical more so than the frontline Revenue/customs posts. I getcha:)

august12 wrote: »
    You obviously needed a degree in finance so,

Level 6 Qualification in Taxation, Accounting, Law, Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Finance.

cw67irl wrote: »
    Ah ok so clerical more so than the frontline Revenue/customs posts. I getcha:)

I don't know what you mean by frontline revenue? This competition is for the appointment of "Trainee Auditors" to carry out Revenue Audits and Compliance checks. Most civil service jobs are clerical in nature but obviously auditors do need to carry out site visits as well.

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant like the customs posts attached to the Airports/Ports the border etc

Advertisement