Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New recruitment Campaing 2017

Options
  • 23-03-2017 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from public jobs regarding a new recruitment campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Just got an email from public jobs regarding a new recruitment campaign

I am dying to see will many apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I am dying to see will many apply.

same here!

any reserves i know have either resigned or not going for full time,

any local gards discourage ppl joining haha

Canyon86 wrote: »
    same here!

any reserves i know have either resigned or not going for full time,

any local gards discourage ppl joining haha

I think I will go for it , but everyone is telling me not to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Dr Champion,put your application in.Your doing it for you................not for what everyone else,thinks or says.

donman wrote: »
    Dr Champion,put your application in.Your doing it for you................not for what everyone else,thinks or says.

Cheers donman, and I was waiting for it to come around , went for full time the last time but didn't get it so said I would go for the GR instead to see do I even like the just job before packing in what I am doing for a career in the Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

First time applicant for AGS , was suprised at how simple the application was.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

Boaty wrote: »
    First time applicant for AGS , was suprised at how simple the application was.

Oh you just wait. When your searching for every long lost relative down the line as part of your vetting you will become very friendly with forms.

The actual application form to AGS is long and goes into a lot of detail. For now you are just expressing interest into the position and they don't make you do the long paper work until you have proven your capability to be a member of AGS with online testing and interviews.

Best of luck in your application all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I think I'm probably lucky in that sense, I only have 2 living relatives, so vetting (should I get to that stage) should be fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

Avada wrote: »
    I think I'm probably lucky in that sense, I only have 2 living relatives, so vetting (should I get to that stage) should be fairly straightforward.

I had loads. Plus I wanted to keep it on a down low as to what I was applying for just until I was sure I got it, and because of the nature of the apointnent.

I was nearly ready to be a detective after 20 phone conversations trying to get them to give out their address and details by asking indirect questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Ya the B forms can take ages to fill out, unfortunately I will have to fill out a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Anybody Know when our if they'll be another application process for reserves in 2017
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Anybody Know when our if they'll be another application process for reserves in 2017 Thanks

Honestly I'd anticipate it'll be several years

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Anyone know anything about the stage 2 interview process, I've applied ages still waiting to be given an interview? I'm in the Dublin sector oom of 400's? I've applied for the Trainee also and I'm already on stage 3, just find it weird for one campaign to be faster than the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

The Reserve campaign is ridiculously slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

The Reserve campaign is ridiculously slow.
    Lao that'll exaplain how the Trainee campgain is more faster . Looks like I'll stick with the both, if I get to become a trainee first time around great!💪🼠If not , I could use the Reserves as a stepping stone & also experience. Win/win situation ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Honestly I'd anticipate it'll be several years

What makes you say that? Surely there should be a big drive for volunteers. What is there to lose for ongoing recruitment drives?

Advertisement