Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando Weather

Options
  • 09-06-2019 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey, looking for a bit of advice on Orlando weather. Hoping to visit next year and can't decide weather to go first two weeks in January or first two weeks in June. Would rather June but afraid it will be too warm and humid...anybody ever been at this time of year that could offer some advice? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

SBJ2019 wrote: »
    Hey, looking for a bit of advice on Orlando weather. Hoping to visit next year and can't decide weather to go first two weeks in January or first two weeks in June. Would rather June but afraid it will be too warm and humid...anybody ever been at this time of year that could offer some advice? Thanks.

January could be a little cool but obviously way nicer than here. None of the gloom that we have. I think what best sums it up will be that the car was warm due to the sunshine but a little chilly outside the car.

We lived in Florida for over a year and June will be a little less harsh than July and August. They were a lot more humid.

January will be non sunbathing weather unless you get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭dennyk

January in Central Florida can be quite variable, though I think it tends to be warmer there these days than when I was growing up there (hooray for climate change). Might be highs in the 60s F, or it might be in the 80s F. Either way, it's unlikely to be "chilly" by y'all's definition, and it's definitely the best time of year to visit if you want to avoid the hot weather and the larger crowds at the parks (at least if you avoid the holidays around New Year).

June will most likely be quite hot by Irish standards (though not as bad as July and August), and very humid. Expect temps in the low 90s F most days, with maybe a few "cooler" days in the upper 80s. The afternoon thunderstorms will probably be in full swing unless there's a drought on, so plan on some rain and lightning and maybe some wild weather with hail and wind and such around early to mid afternoon every day; try not to be out on the golf course or a beach or out in a boat or something where there's no shelter. (Seriously, don't mess around with lightning; get yourself inside somewhere when you hear thunder and wait until it passes before heading out again.) Also, slather on that sunblock, because the sun will be far more extreme than the brightest summer day here and you'll pretty much burn instantly on a clear day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SBJ2019

Thanks for the info - hard to know what to do - just afraid June will be too humid for us!!!

Well, what are your plans for the trip? January's much better for going to Disney and Universal and all; standing in line in the heat for hours in summertime can be miserable, especially if you're not used to that sort of weather. If you're going to be spending a lot of time on the coast at the beach (and you like warm weather and warm water for swimming) or you want to do water sports on the lakes or something, on the other hand, June would be better for that.

dennyk wrote: »
    Well, what are your plans for the trip? January's much better for going to Disney and Universal and all; standing in line in the heat for hours in summertime can be miserable, especially if you're not used to that sort of weather. If you're going to be spending a lot of time on the coast at the beach (and you like warm weather and warm water for swimming) or you want to do water sports on the lakes or something, on the other hand, June would be better for that.

Plan is to go to parks so sounds like from what ur saying first two weeks in January would be the best option. Only problem then is have to take my young lad out of school for a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I'd choose June over January, up early & hit the parks for opening, if you think you're struggling with the heat later on, head back to your hotel / villa / accommodation & chill in the pool, everywhere has air conditioning so it's easy to get out of the heat for a while

Yes, June is hot, potential short lived heavy rain in the afternoon/evening but I'd rather that than January especially if a cold front moves in, you'll be fine, unless your made of chocolate ðŸ˜

I'd choose June over January, up early & hit the parks for opening, if you think you're struggling with the heat later on, head back to your hotel / villa / accommodation & chill in the pool, everywhere has air conditioning so it's easy to get out of the heat for a while

Yes, June is hot, potential short lived heavy rain in the afternoon/evening but I'd rather that than January especially if a cold front moves in, you'll be fine, unless your made of chocolate ðŸ˜
    Yes personally I would rather June but my partner hates the sun and am trying to weigh up the options but as you say plenty of Aircon! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

its also possible that some of the rides/attractions might be closed in January compared to June. if your going in June, go as early as possible as the parks crowds get busier at the End of June as more Kids are off and Temps will raise also.

if your going to Disney, get your tickets 30 days in advance and setup your fastpass+ , otherwise you wont get on the popular rides that day in june.

good website for all things disney / universal is www.thedibb.co.uk

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    its also possible that some of the rides/attractions might be closed in January compared to June. if your going in June, go as early as possible as the parks crowds get busier at the End of June as more Kids are off and Temps will raise also.

if your going to Disney, get your tickets 30 days in advance and setup your fastpass+ , otherwise you wont get on the popular rides that day in june.

good website for all things disney / universal is

Thanks for the fast pass tip. Planning on first two weeks in June if we end up going in June

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mc-BigE wrote: »

good website for all things disney / universal is www.thedibb.co.uk

Particularly entire water parks as well as water rides. I've never had an issue with humidity in Orlando, despite some punishing heat. Miami I find horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭fabvinny

we were there the first two weeks of june 3 years ago,weather was good,but very humid! horrendous thunder showers some evenings while we were there,never seen anything like it! Driving in them is something i dont want to experience again!!!

fabvinny wrote: »
    Driving in them is something i dont want to experience again!!!

Folks in Ireland think they know rain, but there ain't no rain here that's anything like a proper Central Florida thunderstorm. It's awesome when you're out driving when you run into one and you can't even pull over and park up to wait it out because you literally can't see where the side of the road is... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭fabvinny

dennyk wrote: »
    Folks in Ireland think they know rain, but there ain't no rain here that's anything like a proper Central Florida thunderstorm. It's awesome when you're out driving when you run into one and you can't even pull over and park up to wait it out because you literally can't see where the side of the road is... :pac:

it was actually very scary! a car in front of me went off the road and down an embankment!! thankfully they were all ok. an hour later then and the roads are bone dry again!!

Advertisement