Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Where's the drop down box to book test? They say it's on left side but I can't see anything on my phone.

Anyone know? I emailed them but they never got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Can you do it on a pc at all? Ive always found it a bit weird with the phone screen as well as it doesn't really format the size, does turning the phone to the side make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

AmandaB88 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the maximum score for each of the stage 2 tests are? I have spent the morning searching online and can’t find it!!

Also Leitrim has opened for stage 2 so more movement soon hopefully!

I have had my interview for Sligo but I was also wondering if I accept a job off that panel does it remove me from the leitrim panel also

Not sure if accepting a job takes you off both, but refusing one doesnt. E.g. I went for the CO panel in 2016 and was placed in Tipp and Limerick. When my spot in Tipp came i turned it down and was still made an offer when my number came up in Limerick.

Dont know the max scores but I would guess approx 800 based on my own results.

You could email PAS and ask about both, they are generally quite good for answering queries like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Does anybody know what the maximum score for each of the stage 2 tests are? I have spent the morning searching online and can’t find it!!

I have had my interview for Sligo but I was also wondering if I accept a job off that panel does it remove me from the leitrim panel also

Max score was 800 for each

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

Should be in 'my bookings' I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Accepting a job from one panel removes you from the other

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Anyone hear Roscommon or Westmeath stage 2 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone hear Roscommon or Westmeath stage 2 yet?

I anecdotally heard of someone who is very high up on Westmeath and Offaly that have been called for stage 2. I don't know of which county though if/or both

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Would it be the same if you accepted an ao job would you be removed from the eo panel (even if the eo is in a different location?)
    Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Accepting a job from one
    panel removes you from the other

acawarrior wrote: »
    Would it be the same if you accepted an ao job would you be removed from the eo panel (even if the eo is in a different location?)
    I don't think accepting ao would remove you from eo as it is a different grade and different competition, but accepting eo for one county would remove you from the other county (if you picked 2)

• Advertisement

tgdaly wrote: »
    I don't think accepting ao would remove you from eo as it is a different grade and different competition, but accepting eo for one county would remove you from the other county (if you picked 2)

I see thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AmandaB88

“We hope to have results issued this month. In regards to the Leitrim panel you are correct in what you have said that if you were to be offered a place for Sligo and turned it down in the hope of a place for Leitrim then you could be left without a position if nothing were to open up for Leitrim. Unfortunately the onus is on the candidate to make that decision.”

Emailed PAS today and this was my reply! Looks like we will have a bit of a wait yet!

A follow up email reply:

“You would only be offered a position once for the Sligo region and if you turned this down you can wait and see if you are offered a position for Leitrim, however this is not guaranteed.”

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Are the interviews still going on? Was hoping to get interview results by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Meke2006

I'm also Sligo and Leitrim. On round one I was higher OOM in Leitrim but did tests for Sligo at stage 2 , no interview yet. Do stage 2 results then carry over to when they issue leitrims results for stage 2 please tell me I don't have to do again 🙈. Mind u if their stage 2 is as slow as ours I could have a wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Meke2006 wrote: »

I'm also Sligo and Leitrim. On round one I was higher OOM in Leitrim but did tests for Sligo at stage 2 , no interview yet. Do stage 2 results then carry over to when they issue leitrims results for stage 2 please tell me I don't have to do again 🙈. Mind u if their stage 2 is as slow as ours I could have a wait.

You only do tests/interview once (Sligo) but your scores only carryover when they reached your OOM (for Leitrim).

Can you do it on a pc at all? Ive always found it a bit weird with the phone screen as well as it doesn't really format the size, does turning the phone to the side make any difference?

Found out the reason I can't do it is because I asked for reasonable accommodation as I'm an ISL user. They contact you separately.

Meke2006 wrote: »

Yep I think they count, from what I could make of it once your oom is reached in leitrim then your results will be applied to that panel! If their stage 2 is as slow we could possibly be offered Sligo won’t have any oom for leitrim to know what to do! Think I’ll take Sligo If I get it and hope to move on mobility in a few years! I would hate to take the risk of turning down Sligo and not get a job in leitrim after all the stress of the tests and interview never mind the cost of traveling and staying in Dublin(stage 2 was too early for train) and A/L days used!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cusol

Hi can anyone who has been for the interview tell me are they competency based interviews? If so, did you have to fill out another application? I don’t remember having to fill one out for this competition under the headings of the different competencies?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭eroc79

Cusol wrote: »
    Hi can anyone who has been for the interview tell me are they competency based interviews? If so, did you have to fill out another application? I don’t remember having to fill one out for this competition under the headings of the different competencies?

Thanks in advance.
    It is competency based but no more forms to fill out. They will have your original cv that you filled in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Nonni71

anyone have any idea what stage permanent CO for Galway might be at That's for batch one the last i heard no 13 placed.

Lads how hard are the tests? They sent me out the familiarisation stuff but in reality what is it like, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Guitar Johnny

ddmam wrote: »
    Looks like Meath is finally moving, just got called to stage 2
    Hi Ddmam, thats great. Do you mind me asking what your OOM was?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

Hi Ddmam, thats great. Do you mind me asking what your OOM was?

I'm in the top 20

How long does the panel last for? I.e. if you are not called for interview so far how long before you no longer have a chance?

acawarrior wrote: »
    How long does the panel last for? I.e. if you are not called for interview so far how long before you no longer have a chance?

This panel expires in January 2021, If you are not appointed to a job by then you are out of luck.

They may still conduct interviews up to Nov/Dec 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Etray reviewer

This panel expires in January 2021, If you are not appointed to a job by then you are out of luck.

They may still conduct interviews up to Nov/Dec 2020.

Was the Jan 2021 date written somewhere? Usually panels last two years from once they are formed, not from the advertisement date of the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Was the Jan 2021 date written somewhere? Usually panels last two years from once they are formed, not from the advertisement date of the competition.

I thought it was 2 years from the date of the first appointed?

The panel I came off for my current role has been going for years.. No one seems to know how though!

You are right, of course, for candidates who have successfully passed interview stage and are placed on the panel its usually two years from when the panel is formed,

They were asking if they weren't interviewed yet (not on the panel) when is it too late... that would be the point at which a new competition is advertised (around Jan 2021) so I did messed up with my reply and I didn't explain very well.

I think with over a year and a half to go, its probably a little early to lose hope of getting to interview/appointed yet, but from January 2021 it would seem unlikely they would call another batch to interview from this competition.

• Advertisement

Anyone think the interview results could be out this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

eroc79 wrote: »
    Anyone think the interview results could be out this week?

I really hope so. They says they hoped to issue them before the end of June so that would be this week or next week hopefully.

Has anyone been in contact with PAS more recently or gotten any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TK2019

I really hope so. They says they hoped to issue them before the end of June so that would be this week or next week hopefully.

Has anyone been in contact with PAS more recently or gotten any update?

I’ve emailed twice regarding Wicklow and was told when they’re out they’re out. The second time I emailed them was Saturday just gone so I’m not holding out hope..

Any ideas when the next round of interviews for batch 1 might start?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 fizzylizzy

Interview results just came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BookNerd

fizzylizzy wrote: »
    Interview results just came out!

Nothing in for me yet but it was the same with stage 2, results seem to be uploaded over the course of an hour or two. Best of luck everyone!!

• Advertisement

BookNerd wrote: »
    Nothing in for me yet but it was the same with stage 2, results seem to be uploaded over the course of an hour or two. Best of luck everyone!!

Mine only just came through in the last 5 minutes. Delighted!

Mine only just came through in the last 5 minutes. Delighted!

How did you do?

Vologda69 wrote: »
    How did you do?

OOM 1 in Kerry! :) . Same as my stage 2 results. Over the moon, really wasn't sure how the interview had gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BookNerd

Mine came in too - passed it and within top 10 for Mayo
    Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

Wexford results out too - OOM 6 so very happy with that - good luck all :)

• Advertisement

BookNerd wrote: »
    Mine came in too - passed it and within top 10
    Yay!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

any word on sligo,cork and kildare

Anyone know the PAS email to query about the next tranche of interviews? The Wait is doing my head in

Number 13 for Kildare, moved up from 17 before interview so happy enough with my performance, long wait now I think to see if my number is reached in the next 2 years though

Number 13 for Kildare, moved up from 17 before interview so happy enough with my performance, long wait now I think to see if my number is reached in the next 2 years though

Well you're in a good position in batch 1.1

doc22 wrote: »
    any word on sligo,cork and kildare

Got my cork results earlier. Delighted. Passed

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Granuailelass

In batch 1.1 and OOM 8 for Mayo...any idea how long before I might get placed...weeks? Months? Next two years??

Anybody know is it possible to find out from pas if there are many positions to be filled currently in an area?

In batch 1.1 and OOM 8 for Mayo...any idea how long before I might get placed...weeks? Months? Next two years??

There musn't be very many in batch 1.1. Haven't heard of anyone above OOM 20 in anyy area who was called for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Hi

Quick question to anyone who has done the Etray is it the exact same material as the test, instructions and information?

• Advertisement
Advertisement