Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to USA after Iran

Options
  • 15-06-2019 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I really want to visit Iran. I work with a girl from Afghanistan who is partially Iranian. I have known her since college. We crossed paths again recently. She is a very lax Muslim.

Iran is not the bad place it is made out to be. Most of it is lies spouted by America.

However, if you visit Iran, you are denied ESTA for the rest of your life as one of the conditions and the questions you are asked is whether you have been in certain countries, one of which is Iran.

Obviously, Iran wouldn't share a database with Iran. Could I just travel there and tell fibs on ESTA in future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mazwell

Would you not have the Iranian Visa stamp in your passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

mazwell wrote: »
    Would you not have the Iranian Visa stamp in your passport

I would obviously travel to the US after I have a new passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,884 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Be prepared for a serious grilling

I went to Egypt on holiday a few months before a visit to US and they gave me a serious questioning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Iran is not the bad place it is made out to be. Most of it is lies spouted by America.

According to who? Your friend?

According to who? Your friend?

Yes. And research which I've done online.

The Irish DFA don't even consider it an unsafe place. They tell you to take caution there but they give the same warning for France and China.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Be prepared for a serious grilling

I went to Egypt on holiday a few months before a visit to US and they gave me a serious questioning

I won't tell them. That's the point. I'll renew my passport and say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Yes. And research which I've done online.

The Irish DFA don't even consider it an unsafe place. They tell you to take caution there but they give the same warning for France and China.

Fair enough, wouldn’t be the conclusion I draw.

Go for it, should be fine with new passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Obviously, Iran wouldn't share a database with Iran.

I think you are underestimating the Iranians there ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Iran no longer stamps passport. Unfortunately I did have have a stamp, from last October, they stopped stamping in November 2018. Now have 10 year US visa, cost €144 after interview at US Embassy Dublin. Mind you I have visited USA 6 times previously,as tourist and my brother is US citizen.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Is this your 4th or 5th idiotic thread today OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The US have many ways of getting the info even if there is no stamp in your passport.

The NSA monitor social media and they get many clues from there. Loose lips sink ships.

I would suspect that any western airline that carries you to Iran would share their passenger lists with the US govt.

Advertisement