Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

Cheers. I got the notification today that I'd passed the supervised tests, but no interviews in the near future.

I think those of us that passed this set of tests will be called. Eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

tigger123 wrote: »

I think those of us that passed this set of tests will be called. Eventually.

I’d agree.

PAS recently notified a batch of CO’s that it is unlikely any further positions would be offered only to offer places about 2 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Remind me wrote: »
    I’d agree.

PAS recently notified a batch of CO’s that it is unlikely any further positions would be offered only to offer places about 2 weeks later.

Roughly the end of 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

So those of us on Batch 1.2 might be waiting until after the summer for movement to start up again.

Guess will just have to be patient, although the waiting is painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

Does anyone have a sense at all what the pass rate at interview stage is currently?

I'm just curious if the fact that PAS are now short listing candidates ahead of interviews is increasing the number of successful interviewees.

Thanks,

T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

AP2019 wrote: »
    So those of us on Batch 1.2 might be waiting until after the summer for movement to start up again.

Guess will just have to be patient, although the waiting is painful!

Hopefully they will still keep making appointments during the summer (albeit at a much slower rate) and it will pick up again in September.

I don't suppose anyone outside the top 20 has been contacted by PAS?

Word from PAS today with regards to Batch 1.2; There have been 6 placements made from the Interdepartmental Stream and 20 placements made from the Open Stream from Batch 1.2 so far.

They stated that there are not many vacancies for Dublin at present, but as soon as more are hopefully logged they will be able to move through the panel quicker.

The panel remains open until 30/10/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

Does anyone know where they are regarding shortlisting? A number of posts back it seemed up to early 2000s OOM had been called for supervised tests having passed shortlisting. At the rate positions are being filled etc. do you reckon shortlisting may not resume? I have no idea how the process works tbh. First time applying for CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

I would expect there to be little movement on the panel over the summer- if ~10 appointments are made between now and September, I'd be delighted.

Post September, I'd expect significant movement, and I would think the current panel (1.2?) would be exhausted by the end of October or so.

Is there a new PO comp scheduled for launch this summer? Hopefully current APs will do well there and free up a few more places for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Starlight321

Does anyone know if a Dept is obliged to fill an AP retirement from the PAS Panel?

I just heard an AP retired last week in the region for which i am number 1 on panel. Don't know if i should get my hopes up.....

Can the department use another method to fill this vacancy?

Would appreciate any insight....

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if a Dept is obliged to fill an AP retirement from the PAS Panel?

I just heard an AP retired last week in the region for which i am number 1 on panel. Don't know if i should get my hopes up.....

It depends on the Department and the number of positions owed to an internal panel based on the 1:1:1 system.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I believe it's one in 3 should come from there, with the others coming by way of transfer and internal promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Have the regional appointments started yet or is it more likely going to be post September before things get moving in earnest outside of the Pale?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Marie_C

Not sure really? No idea how many from Regional Panels have been assigned?? Could be anyone’s guess when posts come up and if they will be internal:interdepartmental:open?? This reply is probably no help, apologies. It’s just there’s very little transparency even on how many APs currently work in each regional location.
    ParkRunner wrote: »
    Have the regional appointments started yet or is it more likely going to be post September before things get moving in earnest outside of the Pale?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭redarse

ParkRunner wrote:

There is one pencilled in for the South East from the Open panel... Think end of June start of July

ParkRunner wrote:

There is one pencilled in for the South East from the Open panel... Think end of June start of July

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

redarse wrote: »

Do you know which county? Thanks!

dee75 wrote:
    Do you know which county? Thanks!

Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CaroTee

Folks, got this from PAS earlier today :(

All regions for this competition are moving quite slow, with the majority of regions having no vacancies at all. We will be in contact with you should we reach your place on either panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

Anyone applying for the AP higher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,129 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone applying for the AP higher?
    Not for me, to be honest happy to be on AP panel, would be a long shot to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

gmisk wrote: »
    Not for me, to be honest happy to be on AP panel, would be a long shot to say the least

Also it’s restricted to three departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,129 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Also it’s restricted to three departments.
    True, I would think they probably have pretty specific criteria.

Happy to be on the AP panel, should here back about ICT AP panel by early next week as well....

But good luck to anyone going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 busher07

CaroTee wrote: »
    Folks, got this from PAS earlier today :(

All regions for this competition are moving quite slow, with the majority of regions having no vacancies at all. We will be in contact with you should we reach your place on either panel.

Hi in this competition did anyone get called for interview with a score from stage 1 (90-99)?
    Outside Dublin location.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

[/quote]
    Hi in this competition did anyone get called for interview with a score from stage 1 (90-99)?
    Outside Dublin location.[/quote]

Nope...I scored 92 at stage 1...I would be surprised if I was called this year, if at all...Unless the panels fly after the summer. I would love to be proved wrong however!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I acknowledge receipt of your email. There are currently no vacancy requests for AP positions in COUNTY so I am afraid the panel hasn't moved.

Your position is no. X on the open panel for COUNTY Batch no.2. The panel has not moved as there are no vacancies currently.

Does anyone know if there is a Batch 1 and Batch 2 for regional positions? I thought they would have made a single batch for those from Batch 1 (of which they are on 1.2 for Dublin assignments) and Batch 2, with those in Batch 1 ranked ahead of those in Batch 2?

Maybe I’m wrong though and there is a separate regional batch for those from Batch 1 who didn’t apply for a Dublin post or accept one.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a Batch 1 and Batch 2 for regional positions? I thought they would have made a single batch for those from Batch 1 (of which they are on 1.2 for Dublin assignments) and Batch 2, with those in Batch 1 ranked ahead of those in Batch 2?

Maybe I’m wrong though and there is a separate regional batch for those from Batch 1 who didn’t apply for a Dublin post or accept one.

I'm in Batch 2 and got the below about one of the Regional panels:

"There are currently no vacancies logged for COUNTY, and we have not commenced contacting candidates from your batch as we are still working off the previous batch. "

My friend is in the batch they're currently going through, and she reckons that they've reached close to 30 on that (Open rather than InterD presumably).

On another note, the results of my own Dept's internal AP comp were released last week- I placed quite highly on that so am likely to be appointed in the short-term.

If they're up to 30 on the Open of this batch, they've placed about ten people in the last month since I received an email reply from them.

Congrats on your internal competition result!

SFC1895 wrote: »
    My friend is in the batch they're currently going through, and she reckons that they've reached close to 30 on that (Open rather than InterD presumably).

On another note, the results of my own Dept's internal AP comp were released last week- I placed quite highly on that so am likely to be appointed in the short-term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Outside Dublin location.[/quote]

Nope...I scored 92 at stage 1...I would be surprised if I was called this year, if at all...Unless the panels fly after the summer. I would love to be proved wrong however![/QUOTE]

Hi there, just following on from the above query - did PAS even do shortlisting for candidates who scored (90-99) in stage 1 (let alone be called for interview) ?

Advertisement